Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,275,326 times

Advertisements

I was going through the job ads on CL this morning and came across this scheme in one of them, so I automatically started googling it for scam. I didn't find anything saying it was a scam, I did find a lot of YT videos by enthusiastic people doing it, so it's getting a lot of coverage and exposure. I still have questions and concerns though.

The first thing I wanted to know was what is it they are actually marketing? The best I've come up with so far is that they are selling internet marketing products. To me that seems like a pretty saturated market, and something of a snake eating it's tail, but then what do I know?

It's presented as a blogging modeled marketing business, and you have to follow eight core points every day, and they have the webinars, training, etc, and they boast of 100% commissions plus residuals.

Well, I've seen so many web marketing businesses that turned out to be scams, or which 95% of those who got into them dropped out that I'm quite leery of getting involved in this, but at the same time I've not really found anything negative about it online.

I just left a job in which I was very miserable, and I'd love to get something going from home, but I want to know more about this before I put money into it. Those with the videos on YT aren't really telling me enough, and it really seems like they are all about building their downline and hyping it all to do that.

Feedback appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 AM

34,093 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
It's presented as a blogging modeled marketing business, and you have to follow eight core points every day, and they have the webinars, training, etc, and they boast of 100% commissions plus residuals.
Feedback appreciated.
Erhard Seminars Training - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lifespring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,275,326 times
Ummmm... I've run into and rejected both of those out of hand many years ago, and they are in no way related to what I posted about, or do you know something I've not dug up yet in all my digging on this?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:21 PM

59 posts, read 99,754 times
In what shape or form does that have to do with the original poster's question about E.N?

I myself have not joined E.N, but many people have and I haven't found one bad thing really said about it. There are many people on F.B, Twitter and have posted videos about it on Youtube. From what I know, it is a thorough teaching system that helps people grow their business or learn how to market their business if you're new to it all.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:46 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
OP, I found the same thing six or eight weeks ago and signed up for their emails. It was Mike and Joanne Rivera. It sounded interesting, but I too was skeptical. I didn't really find anything definitive, but like you I didn't find anything bad. I unsubscribed from the emails because I was getting a LOT of them and as soon as I unsubscribed, they left me alone. I'll be watching the thread to see if anyone else has any input.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:14 PM

46 posts, read 68,285 times
E/N costs a lot of $$$ to get in and stay in. The levels and cost to get in $997 and up is astounding. For that alone, I just didn't and still don't think it's worth it. There are way better business opportunities out here popping up every day that cost less money to start and operate.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:44 PM

19 posts, read 27,534 times
Thought about joining about a year or so ago..but when all I heard was their 'authority blogging system'..and did some homework, I found out that their blogging system, priced at $25 per month, wasn't worth sh** and that my blogs on blogspot.com and wordpress.com were ranking higher with fewer posts than those who had been blogging all day/all night on their EN blog, I turned and ran fast in the other direction!

To this day, there is no real 'training' even at the higher levels...it's just all about seminars and how successful those who have gone 'all in' are...and to really make money, you have to find others who have $5K just laying around and not knowing what do with it in order to recoup your initial investment!

Heck, even the 'empowernetwork.com' domain started getting 'blocked' by Facebook...which resulted in someone creating 'socialmediabar.com' to hide the EN domain behind an iframe!

Personally speaking, if you're serious about really wanting to have an online business and want to know how to be successful and get the 'training' needed to succeed, there are much better and might I say, much lower options to select from..but, that's just MY OPINION..therefore, much like gas mileage, yours will vary! LOL!

Old 11-24-2013, 09:20 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
It is just a MLM scheme in a different form. Run.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:57 AM

544 posts, read 1,440,040 times
Please don't fall for this scam! They are scrubbing the internet and directing anything searched on Empower Network to affiliate pages on purpose. You have to go through 6 - 7 pages before you find all the complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau. It's just a scam, do not waste your time or money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDFDsu0_eWs

Old 03-26-2014, 10:56 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,103,368 times
I see lots of affiliate marketeers doing this. I'lll be honest I'm not totally knowledgeable about what they do but like someone else said it's basically like they're proprietary version of blogger they charge you for. You can very easily buy your own domains and hosting very cheaply and do the same thing. Maybe they have some network where they do search engine submissions and some seo for you but again you can get this stuff done on fiverr for $5 or yourself for free. Not saying they're people aren't successful I'm sure some are but your paying for something you can do yourself for free. I imagine the people who were successful with empower network would have just as easily been successful on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business