Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 AM

415 posts, read 2,334,539 times

Advertisements

Is there really one that is real. I have a very close friend, who just got out of the hospital and needs an income. Unfortunitly she can not get around. So working from home is a very real need. Can anyone tell me if there really is such a possibility. I see all the adds and web sites, but are any of them for real
If so which one ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 11:32 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Plenty of jobs you can do from home, but what does your friend do?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:46 PM

420 posts, read 2,199,639 times
Sorry, but I have yet to see one that is even semi-legit.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:30 AM

12 posts, read 55,135 times
i'm sorry maybe i can't understand you completely,does she want to work home on internet?for how long?
if she only wants to do part-time job,maybe it depends on whether she has some professional skill or some experience on some field ,for she must work effectively immediately,
or if she want to do business on internet from now on,in my opinion,she can open a online store ,for now,it's never so easy to do it,many wholesalers provide the service as following:
only you may list some salable goods on your website,but you needn't store them yourself! when someone want to buy some goods from you ,you can inform them,then theny will transmit it to your buyers directly!you have no necessary to view all the goods but indeed you sell to them,of course ,what all you need to do is telling them your account!of course,you may be concern about the credit ,and you can't ensure them yourself one by one,which produces some problem indeed.
then if you don't have other choice,you could view here,a Factory-Direct Wholesaler From HongKong of China, it wholesales all kinds of fashion electronic goods,surely,something else,whose great advantage is its price,no comparison.
Generally speaking ,it has good reputation,you can google "sourcingmap" for more alternatively

good luck!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 AM

5 posts, read 15,203 times
If your friend has knowledge in a certain area that is valued by a group of people/businesses then they can create information products and sell them online.

It's very inexpensive and easy!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:37 AM

11 posts, read 36,236 times
Default Lots....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwing View Post
Is there really one that is real. I have a very close friend, who just got out of the hospital and needs an income. Unfortunitly she can not get around. So working from home is a very real need. Can anyone tell me if there really is such a possibility. I see all the adds and web sites, but are any of them for real
If so which one ????
I have found that there are lots of "opportunities" out there and lots of people taking advantage of people...the best thing I would recommend is that you or your friend check out Good Morning America's website. There is an at home Consultant Tori (I believe) who lists all legitimate work at home options. It's been a great reference for me. Good Luck

Old 08-16-2007, 09:40 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
I have a home based internet business and yes anyone can do it. What your friend has to be careful of are the companies that offer all in one packages. They are a rip off and they can do everything a lot less expensive on their own. Being I don't know your friends background or experience, it's hard to suggest what type of business but I will say it takes time. If they have a retail or sales background that's a big plus. A lot better if they know how to design their own sites. Is she outgoing? What state is she in? I might need some help with my business but I need someone in a certain area that's good at sales.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetWarrior View Post
Sorry, but I have yet to see one that is even semi-legit.

Wall Street,

Lots of people are conducting their businesses virtually nowadays. For example, I have a friend who is a designer and he teaches several design classes over the internet. Another friend is a sales person for a large tech company. Most of her work is virtual and it enables her to stay home with her child. Another friend does business writing online. All her clients are over the internet. Are these not legit businesses?

Old 08-16-2007, 11:51 AM

420 posts, read 2,199,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Wall Street,

Lots of people are conducting their businesses virtually nowadays. For example, I have a friend who is a designer and he teaches several design classes over the internet. Another friend is a sales person for a large tech company. Most of her work is virtual and it enables her to stay home with her child. Another friend does business writing online. All her clients are over the internet. Are these not legit businesses?
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood the original poster. By online business, I assumed by the way they were apprehensive about the ads and web sites that they were referring to MLM online "companies".

The businesses you listed are all reputable and legitimate businesses, and I didn't in any way mean to downgrade anyone who worked over the internet. It's just that these days Quixtar and Amway are online business leaders.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
There are scores of very legitimate Internet businesses who also have brick and mortar business as well. Many times, both operate hand-in-hand.

Example: (I am not sure I can mentioned business names here - but I'll give it a try)
Bed Bath and Beyond
Linens and Things
Sappos (on-line only)
Home Depot

anyway, you get the idea. Also cable companies and internet providers have sales force, call desk that works remotely. It might be a good idea to call these companies and see if they need anyone that can work from their homes. Collection agencies do this as well It does exist - alot. Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business