Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2015, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,092 times

Advertisements

Hi... my name is benie.. Filipino.. but i am a Canadian citizen and we arrived here in Winnipeg year 2009. I am interested in moving to Calgary. Right now I am a certified Health Care Aide here at Seven Oaks Hospital in Winnipeg Manitoba for 3 years. I had my vacation last 3 weeks ago in Calgary and I found it so much great to live in this place. But still I want to know the advantages /disadvantages of moving out from one province to another.
What advise can anybody would give me. I dong know how or where to start. I appreciate all your suggestions/advises.
Thanks so much ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 05:01 AM

676 posts, read 649,680 times
pro; Calgary is a bigger city with likely more career and entertainment opportunities than Winnipeg. Climate's also marginally milder and more pleasant. better shopping opportunities.
con: pain in the ass to move so there had better be better reasons to move than "mildly more attractive living conditions". What about displacing your relationships with your family, friends and colleagues? Housing isn't cheap in Calgary unless you're buying (although the recent downturn may change that).

Old 08-10-2015, 05:47 PM

5 posts, read 4,636 times
Have a look on websites that show you the housing prices (if you are looking to buy a home) and rental prices. Don't know what the rents are in Winnipeg, but Calgary prices might be a real 'put-off'. If you want to live in a decent place I think it will take more than one income. From what I've heard, landlords are not ready to lower their monthly rates in spite of a higher vacancy rate. Probably better to plan on living in a small town outside of Calgary and commute.
Just my opinion.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:42 AM

909 posts, read 1,154,541 times
Calgary is an expensive city with house prices still super high despite the huge slump in jobs and the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary