Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 12:40 PM

880 posts, read 1,801,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I do. But there is a matter of figuring how "high" those salaries & benefits should get. I know with retirement benefits we have gone over the top for some people, but not all. Not even most. They gamed the system and there was nobody there to put on the breaks so who get's the blame for that?

IMO the things I wan't to see fully and generously funded are public safety, education, and transportation. And if you look at someones salary and think "thats way too much money" then just go do the job and reap the rewards yourself. Most people won't do that becasue it's too hard and the jobs but you at risk.

So that's your logic, if the tax payers don't agree with the salaries and pensions of these positions, they should all just go and apply for these jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 PM

106 posts, read 273,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
It's funny that Vallejo and Oakland, two of the most crime ridden cities in the Bay Area have chart topping salaries for their law men. You'd expect them to be doing a better job than shooting deer with their firearms.
Oakland police shoot and kill lost deer | abc7news.com
Why are you so concerned with Oakland when you don't live there? I see you trolling the Bay Area forum. What is the real reason you hate Oakland? Other than Melanin being the main one.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
They're parasites.

$10/hr. is too much. I'd agree to $11/hr. if they weren't allowed to wear the gun and taser.
A typical reaction from someone without the ability or courage to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
So that's your logic, if the tax payers don't agree with the salaries and pensions of these positions, they should all just go and apply for these jobs.
OK now. You can tell me. Whisper it and it will just be our secret. What do you have against cops? It must be a real burning issue for you since you posted it in two forums simultaneously. What happened, would they let you into the academy or did you flunk out?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:06 PM

880 posts, read 1,801,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
OK now. You can tell me. Whisper it and it will just be our secret. What do you have against cops? It must be a real burning issue for you since you posted it in two forums simultaneously. What happened, would they let you into the academy or did you flunk out?
Nope, I've never applied or wanted to apply as a cop. Actually I have a decent private sector job . I just think many people are unaware of the issue and based on the responses I was right. A lot of people have no idea this is going on.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times
Quote:
Nope, I've never applied or wanted to apply as a cop. Actually I have a decent private sector job . I just think many people are unaware of the issue and based on the responses I was right. A lot of people have no idea this is going on.
And having no idea of the issues but voting anyway is precisely why the state's in the deep trouble it's in!

Old 10-06-2010, 03:46 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,257,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415 Native View Post
Why are you so concerned with Oakland when you don't live there? I see you trolling the Bay Area forum. What is the real reason you hate Oakland? Other than Melanin being the main one.
I love Oakland, and I spent 7 years of my life living in the area.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:49 PM

106 posts, read 273,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I love Oakland, and I spent 7 years of my life living in the area.
You love Oakland? Your posts tell me otherwise.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:56 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,257,012 times
Don't judge a book by its cover.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:46 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,980,675 times
That sounds like a Norcal problem. In fact, I just see a bunch of jealously. Each and every one of us would love making 200k and get away with it. I assure you, most law enforcement do not make 200k. I have several friends who are officers and my buddies dad is the chief of police of a mid sized city. Firefighters do many make nearly as much as people think. They are a grip of OT during fire season to make what they make.

You go to work, sit behind your desk and do whatever meaningless thing you do. I drive around all day and inspect property. I drive around enjoying my day not nervous about some random prick deciding he should kill an inspector today. Random pricks usually go for officers for a reason. Every day they were that uniform, there isn't a guarantee they will come home because of what they do.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:16 PM

37,153 posts, read 42,269,129 times
Quote:
That's all you got out of my post?

Complain away then...I guess it's all you can do.

Some jobs will pay hefty salaries whether you like it, or can do the job, or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California