Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:48 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I voted for two Republicans for the first time I can ever remember.
And you lived?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 10:37 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
[color=black][font=Verdana]California is now a purple state thanks to Obama, Pelosi and Reid.
You think Dennis will beat Pelosi? I don't think so, although he'll give her a run for her money and come in better than any Republican opponent of hers ever had. I think she'll win by 55% rather than her usual 70% plus, but she'll still win.

Jerry Brown at this point is a shoo-in. Boxer will probably win although it's not a sure thing. (The GOP primary voters made a mistake by not voting for Campbell ; if he was the candidate, Boxer wouldn't have a chance and he'd be far ahead in the polls due to his being pro-gay marriage and pro-Prop 19.) I don't think many districts will change parties in California this year. McNerney and Costa might lose to their Republican opponents (although TBF Costa might as well be a Republican - since he represents Fresno, it's understandable) and Mary Bono Mack might lose to her Dem opponent. Remember districts are far too gerrymandered in CA.

Quote:
A lot of people have buyer’s remorse and want their money back. Obama's approval rating tells the story and he hasn't been in for two years yet.
Obama's approval rating in California is over 60%, so California isn't the problem for him. Although there is genuine disappointment with him especially amongst liberal Dems - but they won't vote GOP (unless there were more Republicans like Dennis - if he by some miracle manages to topple Pelosi then he'd be a shoo in for high office in CA in the future).

Quote:
BTW, did you hear Obama wants to eliminate the tax deduction for mortgage interest? That should knock his ratings down another 20 points.
Obama's borrowing policies from David Cameron and George Osbourne?
Not the first time that US politicians have been inspired by their UK counterparts (and vice versa), but the current British Tory government does seem intent on getting THEIR fiscal problems under control, while downplaying social issues (and being quite liberal when concentrating on social issues).

Old 10-27-2010, 10:47 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Perhaps the state would be better off if it did!
No, you would be better off if it did because it would make you feel better way out in BFE.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
So a conservative, a moderate and a liberal were all walking on a beach in California and they came across an old pot. One of them rubbed it and a genie came out. The genie said they can have any wish they want. The conservative said "I want to live in a place with no Muslims, no gay marriage and a strong Christian base," so the genie sent him to Mississippi. The liberal said "I want to live in a welfare state, that is lenient on crime and has a strong atheist base," so the genie sent him to Sweden. "So what about you?" The genie asked the moderate. "You mean to tell me that all the liberals and all the conservatives are gone? How about a coke?"
Um...I would love to live in Sweden

Old 10-27-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
California is now a purple state thanks to Obama, Pelosi and Reid. A lot of people have buyer’s remorse and want their money back. Obama's approval rating tells the story and he hasn't been in for two years yet. Even his top cabinet members left him...
Obama screwed not only the American public but he screwed the liberals in his own party.

BTW, did you hear Obama wants to eliminate the tax deduction for mortgage interest? That should knock his ratings down another 20 points.
LMAO at Ca. being a purple state. Some blue states may turn purple (think WI, NH, and maybe OR.) but California is not going backward and a few other states won't either. Lot's of wishful thinking.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:02 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
If the people on this board complaining about liberals want a conservative lifestyle, they should stop whining and move to the south or midwest. That'll be heaven for you. Tornados, humidity, bibles and all!

Old 10-28-2010, 12:35 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,793,118 times
Quote:
So a conservative, a moderate and a liberal were all walking on a beach in California and they came across an old pot. One of them rubbed it and a genie came out. The genie said they can have any wish they want. The conservative said "I want to live in a place with no Muslims, no gay marriage and a strong Christian base," so the genie sent him to Mississippi. The liberal said "I want to live in a welfare state, that is lenient on crime and has a strong atheist base," so the genie sent him to Sweden. "So what about you?" The genie asked the moderate. "You mean to tell me that all the liberals and all the conservatives are gone? How about a coke?"
California would be known from that point on as the best place in the world.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:15 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
I watched the news tonight and Meg was on proclaiming that she would win.

I wish Meg were a betting woman because I would be willing to bet her a million dollars that she's not going to win. (I don't have a million dollars but this is such a sure bet, I couldn't lose.)

Whitman IS toast! Put a fork in it!

Old 10-28-2010, 04:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Yes, people are going to be standing in soup lines, the unemployment rate will reach 25%, and unrest and uprisings will start in the streets. Then a virus will begin to infect people that makes them immortals and cannibals.
I thought you were onto something until the virus broke out. Oh well, three out of four right ain't bad...

Old 10-28-2010, 08:37 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
No, you would be better off if it did because it would make you feel better way out in BFE.
Wouldn't affect me one way or the other. BFE is lovely this time of year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
If the people on this board complaining about liberals want a conservative lifestyle, they should stop whining and move to the south or midwest. That'll be heaven for you. Tornados, humidity, bibles and all!
Tornados, humidity, bibles and MORE! Made the move already. Love it here in the Ozarks. Toothless, shine-swilling hill people, fresh air, abundant nature, four seasons, greenery, reasonable costs and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California