Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:46 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Bankers should all be shot.
As Charles Dickens said, "First kill all lawyers!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 04:49 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,507,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Gunluvver, had nothing to do with you. Yeahthatguy made a post about zombie hedonism, yet he drives a fancy moto and he has a fancy dirt bike, and is apparently all about making money and buying stuff, while at the same time complaining if others do the same thing. Hypocrisy I thinks.

(Note; he does not like to be called on his hypocrisy, or about his obsession with money.
Wrong again .highnlite.. If you are curious about something ask me...
Yes, I own a sports bike. Total Out the door cost ~$9,000 (paid for it in cash - bought with a year's bonus money.. b.t.w it gets around 40 mpg)
Yes, I own a fancy mountain bike. Total out the door cost : ~$2,500 (paid for it in cash)
Yes, I own a car. Total costs ~$22,500 (financed for 5 years.. paid off in a year)

Majority of my income goes straight into a savings account/tax defferred shelters/retirement accounts/trading account (More than 60%).
I have over 2x what the avg. person has in their retirement account and I am not even 30 years old yet.

I am not single. I am happily engaged in a fulfilling relationship. I know what is important... I don't have an ounce of debt. I paid off all my student loans within 2 years of graduation. I own all of my purchases. I never carry a revolving credit card balance....

My personal savings rate is approx. 12 times the national average :

I have over 4-5 years of rainy day funds ....
List goes on and on.

Obsession w/ money... Because I know how to work hard to make it.. invest it and have it make more for me... know how to save it vs. spend it .. and will ultimately use the majority of my money to fund a business venture and afford me creative freedom from having to work a stale 9-5 ...

Now, in relation to my commentary, explain to me how I am a hypocrit/obsessed w/ money.
You're drawing blank yet again.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:22 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,033,646 times
Brown sure is taking alot of heat & he didnt expect that. Hes a total liar & will support the public unions big time no matter what we say. Unions (public & private) are horrible & greedy.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,871,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Brown sure is taking alot of heat & he didnt expect that. Hes a total liar & will support the public unions big time no matter what we say. Unions (public & private) are horrible & greedy.
Although I do agree that some Unions are corrupt and greedy I still like the concept of Unions. When a Union is composed of individuals working for the same employer who are willing to work alongside and with their employer to make the business a better place a Union can be a great thing. However when you get people involved who are nothing more than hired guns to represent workers that is a recipe for abuse and corruption. I am afraid that is what has happened with the Public employees Unions.

GL2

Old 04-26-2011, 08:09 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,689,600 times
Quote:
Wrong again .highnlite.. If you are curious about something ask me...
Yes, I own a sports bike. Total Out the door cost ~$9,000 (paid for it in cash - bought with a year's bonus money.. b.t.w it gets around 40 mpg)
Yes, I own a fancy mountain bike. Total out the door cost : ~$2,500 (paid for it in cash)
Yes, I own a car. Total costs ~$22,500 (financed for 5 years.. paid off in a year)
Explain to me why the moto and the bicycle are not examples of the zombie hedonism you disparage.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:02 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,507,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Explain to me why the moto and the bicycle are not examples of the zombie hedonism you disparage.
Explain to me how when I make over a quarter of a million dollars a year how such expenditures are a big percentage of my income. Explain to me how, given that i save over 60% of my income why I am not allowed to make such purchases where I gain both utility and weekend fun from...
Explain why, given that I paid for them in cash how I am like the broke zombie consumerist who make such purchases on credit cards and save less than 4% of their income. Explain to me that and you will have your answers....

Any more questions?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:42 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,689,600 times
So, you aren't going to explain? But merely launch into another justification for your lifestyle?
Cute.

I never knew that to be considered hedonism a purchase had be a certain percentage of income, nor did I know that hedonism required payments on the installment plan.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You forgot the nurses. TLC my ass! They're the most strident of all.
Now here's one greedy group you never want to raise the issue of a Right To Die Law in California (similar to OR & WA) or euthanasia!

They will always take TLC of their bank accounts and refer to their patients, merely, as headcount.

I work in the nursing profession myself and TLC, where is it? A 90YO patient, heavily contracted for years, surviving on tubes.........yeah, yeah, yeah, TLC!

Old 05-03-2011, 05:42 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,033,646 times
The foul legislature voted & approved the prison guard unions new greedy contracts. Unbelievable !

Old 07-02-2011, 10:28 AM

455 posts, read 633,417 times
The C.C.P.O.A. is a Criminal Element.The peolpe of California should be outraged that these people with their various p.a.c.'s will do anything they can to frighten you into locking up as many humans as it can for whatever reason it can and for as long as it can, then with their criminal proceeds it will BUY the governership every election cycle.

I would love to see the Mexican mafia go after the leadership of these nazis', since nobody else will !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California