Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,992 times

Advertisements

I live in Southern California, but lived my first 20 years in the heart of San Franciso. I will take Socal over the San Franciso. I got tired of the fog, cold, crime, (my elderly father mugged twice), crowds, homeless, and driving in and around the city. It is hard to find a great place to live in anymore. Having said that we are the most properious, as a nation, we have ever been. Just look back 25 to 50 years. Do you know of anyone without a cell phone, a car, water, and how about a toilet? The Romans never had it so good. How about the slogan, "No Change" instead of "Change".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,186 times
Default Thunder storms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
For me, it just doesn't feel right that the weather hardly ever changes. It's this really weird thing. There's just something about the season change. Preparing for "winter", enjoying fall, anticipating summer. Those are all things I now know that I look forward to. Something just feels off when it is basically the same almost every single day of the year. Again, these are my opinions and I know there are 20+ million other people in SoCal that wouldn't have it any other way. Blue sky every day etc. I wonder if people that move out here from places that experience those lovely thunder and lightning storms in certain seasons, move out here and find themselves missing it or just weather in general....
I lived in SoCal in the late eighties for a couple of years and I did miss the good ole thunder storms that Michigan had...I agree..I did get sick of the sunshine day in and day out! But here I am a couple of decades later contemplating moving out to California again!

Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 AM

6 posts, read 25,756 times
Default Still Happy but considering changes

Well I've been out here 8.5 years now and as I have not responded to comment - I will say this I have truly taken advantage of the place. I commute every day on my motorcycle. I camp. I enjoy the National Parks and the land. I am now re-married to a CA native and we look forward to retirement together. Sadly, we are beginning to consider retirement in another state. One that doesn't play Robin Hood. Taking from the gainfully employed to provide every program imaginable for those not - including non-citizens. The economic catastrphe here is real and approaching unbearable for many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California