Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
You my friend need a remedial study in sociology...

Context : After 500 years of slavery and no reparations... and over a 100 years of government sponsored inequality resolving in the early 70s... After 1 generation of AA .
Statement : AA has OUTLIVED its usefulness.
Supporting arguments : Supporting arguments using fact list... (blank)
Fact list : (blank)

No, you've made a statement that's about all you've made.

I'm not appalled at your opinion .. Everyone has opinions .. You're entitled to them. But you seem to think it's an argument that has foundation.. That makes you ignorant and I again draw out that I am appalled by this .. Not by your opinion.

LMFAO .. How easily you forgot what you said :

My statement about 'suggesting' you get back on a boat and going back to where you came from had to do w/ your displayed arrogance for family's success (in what you have defined has been a short period in this country) w/o an appreciation for the generations of people whose lives were destroyed in order to give your family and you the opportunities that it has leveraged... Which is further extended by your callous remark about the generations of families that were negatively impacted by systematic/government sponsored slavery/racism in this country that set them back.. You are drawing in conflict w/ a logically supported program by our government to right wrongs our govt. has made in the past.. So, given your family's (per your own remark) recent migration here, I suggesting, if you are so pissed about it (a program that wont change as it has valid reason to exist), why don't you exercise your option to go to a place where a great deal of establishment didn't occur by enslavement of a certain group of people .. where they dont have government programs to make up for it.

Define what's ignorant/racist about this remark and I'll give you a big fat cookie.

You're remark was :
People using AA:
> didn't persevere
> Usage of it will make them lazy for generations

Now tell me .. What is the matter w/ that statement?
And when people make valid points, use facts, and supporting arguments you don't reply to that or try to attack them .. All you keep yapping about is your ignorant opinion and keep leaking out your borderline racist views.

You are calling out yourself by your lack of anything based on foundation. I'm just pointing it out and pointing out the many options you have to resolving your ignorance and hatred... Including going to a place where maybe government sponsored slavery/unfair treatment didn't exist and thus government sponsored programs to right past wrongs doesn't exist.
OK bro. I'm wrong, you're right. You win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 02:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Default And here it is!

LOL! Only in Bezerkeley!

"Hundreds of affirmative action supporters dressed in black are standing silently on Sproul Plaza at UC Berkeley on Tuesday, calling on the university to increase diversity as what started as a satirical bake sale against race-based admissions has turned into a massive rally."

Old 09-27-2011, 02:30 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
LOL! Only in Bezerkeley!

"Hundreds of affirmative action supporters dressed in black are standing silently on Sproul Plaza at UC Berkeley on Tuesday, calling on the university to increase diversity as what started as a satirical bake sale against race-based admissions has turned into a massive rally."
You're going to ruffle feathers now.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:42 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,790 times
Quote:
LOL! Only in Bezerkeley!

I thought I already posted about this here :
//www.city-data.com/forum/21033420-post216.html

Why don't you provide your feedback instead of pointing out one group's 'response'.. Give the whole background and context and let everyone judge for themselves...

If I was them, I'd gather a group of 50 black students.. have them in chains in the background slaving over the harvesting of the ingredients of the cookies... Have a bunch of paid white actors whipping them ... and have a bunch of white actors selling several of the 'slaves' to a local sears store owner to buy a stove/mixer in order to make the cookies.. Therefore the context is clear.. More than one person can be a smart a$$ IMO.

Namely, provide a rebuttal to :
"If you're going to compare the Bake Sale to Affirmative Action…the only way it would be comparable is if the flour, oven, and all baking materials were stolen from the people that are required to pay the lowest prices. And if the baked goods from all prior bake sales were made for free by the minorities while white students reaped all the profits…which resulted in unequal opportunities to purchase baked goods in the current sale."

Funny how people leave out context when trying to make ignorant rebuttals/points. A reoccurring theme on this thread and at Berkeley too... Claimed to be the best and brightest of California.. It's obvious some of them are no brighter than the dimmest light bulb in a box.. The future of the republitard party

Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I thought I already posted about this here :
//www.city-data.com/forum/21033420-post216.html

Why don't you provide your feedback instead of pointing out one group's response to an ignorant act...
Because as far as I'm concerned it's all ignorant regardless of what side you line up on - ignorant and laughable. People holding 500 year grudges are hard to take seriously. The inanity appeals to my curmudgeonliess.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 09-27-2011 at 03:09 PM..

Old 09-27-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Because as far as I'm concerned it's all ignoraqnt regardless of what side you line up on - ignorant and laughable. People holding 500 year grudges are hard to take seriously. The inanity appeals to my curmudgeoness.
People who did 500 years of damage to a group... And then just gave them equal rights not even 40 years ago and want to end the 'healing' process only 1 generation after are hard to be taken seriously and its the reason why the position to do so goes nowhere. 3-4 generations ... When they established AA, a sociology major should have prof'd the period in which this needs to exist.. Firmed the period it would exist and set it in stone. Therefore, we wouldn't have to have this idiotic debate every time someone who has no concept of history/sociology and a framework of understanding how long it takes to reverse damage opens their mouth. Instead, every year, some but hurt fool who fails to see the vast amount of opportunities such enslavement and unfettered discrimination has afforded them cries foul about how life is so unfair because of a govt. sponsored healing process for damage it did...

As if to suggest (by the same reasoning) they are equally appalled at being born into the debt/obligations incurred by this country before their existence... With one hand they cover there eye to see the vast amount of opportunities the exploitation of a people past has granted them.. and w/ the other they stretch their eye open at a program meant to help those this country once exploited to become great.

History/Debt .. a grudge.. The next time you wake up in your beautiful house and get pissed off at the mortgage.. Do yourself a favor, walk on down to your local bank and protest the payment you have to make ... and tell them 'why after all this time in which I have been paying you.. why are you still holding a 'grudge' against me'? .. Their response will most likely be.. It's not a grudge.. It's a payment for debt you incurred past, you acknowledged it is your responsibility to pay, and you simply aren't done paying yet. ... And o' by the way, haven't you been enjoying a beautiful house all this time?

Old 09-27-2011, 03:09 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
they should be recruiting gays

Old 09-27-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
they should be recruiting gays
And purple dinosaurs named Barney .. LOL

Old 09-27-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
People who did 500 years of damage to a group... And then just gave them equal rights not even 40 years ago and want to end the 'healing' process only 1 generation after are hard to be taken seriously and its the reason why the position to do so goes nowhere. 3-4 generations ... When they established AA, a sociology major should have prof'd the period in which this needs to exist.. Firmed the period it would exist and set it in stone. Therefore, we wouldn't have to have this idiotic debate every time someone who has no concept of history/sociology and a framework of understanding how long it takes to reverse damage opens their mouth. Instead, every year, some but hurt fool who fails to see the vast amount of opportunities such enslavement and unfettered discrimination has afforded them cries foul about how life is so unfair because of a govt. sponsored healing process for damage it did...

As if to suggest (by the same reasoning) they are equally appalled at being born into the debt/obligations incurred by this country before their existence... With one hand they cover there eye to see the vast amount of opportunities the exploitation of a people past has granted them.. and w/ the other they stretch their eye open at a program meant to help those this country once exploited to become great.

History/Debt .. a grudge.. The next time you wake up in your beautiful house and get pissed off at the mortgage.. Do yourself a favor, walk on down to your local bank and protest the payment you have to make ... and tell them 'why after all this time in which I have been paying you.. why are you still holding a 'grudge' against me'? .. Their response will most likely be.. It's not a grudge.. It's a payment for debt you incurred past, you acknowledged it is your responsibility to pay, and you simply aren't done paying yet. ... And o' by the way, haven't you been enjoying a beautiful house all this time?
Senseless discussion because all too many like to wallow in pasts they can't even conceive of and never personally experienced. But, oh my, do they love to hang onto ancestral anger. Yes indeed. It serves as a grand excuse for....well....just about everything.

Let me give you a parallel. One of the branches of my family that comprises 50% of it suffered greatly within the last century - in fact a mere 75 years ago, and less. It was WW II. They were Jews. Many of my relatives perished in the Nazi camps. I could name them and add them to the other six million.

Do I hold a grudge? No! Do I hate all Germans? No! Do I feel that Germany owes me anything, much less a living? No! My people's response is and was very simple. "Never again!" And then they got on with their lives - those who were still around to do so. Admittedly, some successfully went after specific individuasls to bring them to justice, but not an entire race, etnicity or country.

I find that far preferable to being constant victims, reveling in hatred, demanding that they're owed a living and walking around with perennial chips on their shoulders - the angry whatever.

Oh, and for the record, I never get upset at my mortgage. It's called individual, accountability and responsibility. Some people should try it!

But to each their own. And that's as far as I'm going with this.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Senseless discussion because all too many like to wallow in pasts they can't even conceive of and never personally experienced. But, oh my, do they love to hang onto ancestral anger. Yes indeed. It serves as a grand excuse for....well....just about everything.

Let me give you a parallel. One of the branches of my family that comprises 50% of it suffered greatly within the last century - in fact a mere 75 years ago, and less. It was WW II. They were Jews. Many of my relatives perished in the Nazi camps. I could name them and add them to the other six million.

Do I hold a grudge? No! Do I hate all Germans? No! Do I feel that Germany owes me anything, much less a living? No! My people's response is and was very simple. "Never again!" And then they got on with their lives - those who were still around to do so. Admittedly, some successfully went after specific individuasls to bring them to justice, but not an entire race, etnicity or country.

I find that far preferable to being constant victims, reveling in hatred, demanding that they're owed a living and walking around with perennial chips on their shoulders - the angry whatever.

Oh, and for the record, I never get upset at my mortgage. It's called individual, accountability and responsibility. Some people should try it!

But to each their own. And that's as far as I'm going with this.
Glad you brought this up .. So that I could set the record straight for you since you seem to not know it .. Throughout my travels in Germany I came to learn about a great deal of programs/payments they gave the jews for what they did ...

German reparations for World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Germany end World War One reparations after 92 years with £59m final payment | Mail Online
Germany finishes paying WWI reparations, ending century of 'guilt' - CSMonitor.com
Reparations Agreement between Israel and West Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should try reading more history before opening your mouth...

To further discuss, as I recall, the jews didn't free themselves.. The world came together and fought wars and spent billions on your 'rehabilitation'.. Even your modern day country wasn't yours.. Americans and the British went in and fought the Palestinians and stole the land that jews now call home... And to this day, you receive billions of dollars in aid from around the world ...

So, thanks for pointing out this example so that I can define what a humble country/world does for those that have been treated soo bad.
Yet, what a small group of people feel shouldn't be done for those who faced 500 years of hell and torture... In this country.

You'll take note of the 'time period'.. It's approx. 3-4 generations of payments ... Why? because that's how long it takes to heal.

Has to be the most hilarious story of all time.. That the jews magically freed themselves .. found a homeland and built a prosperous economy all on their own..
If only .. LOL.

As for your idiotic remarks I am guessing directed at black people.. That's generally, ideas in your own head... There are programs to 'speed' the healing from wounds afflicted by this nation and the only people who are but hurt and mad are people like you. The programs will last for 3-4 generations starting from the 70's and there is frankly nothing you and people like you can do about it.. So, shut up and move on.

P.S - the mortgage example was a analogy .. Glad you did so well on the SATs and are able to comprehend the parallel. By your response, what you suggest is that, when you have a debt obligation (aka a debt our govt. and by extension every citizen to pay to people that were exploited by our govt). you man up.. stf* and pay it .. you dont b*tch and moan about how life is unfair .. you in fact enjoy your home and how beautiful it is (your country) and understand that the debt you have to pay is a part of why it is so beautiful free/prosperous ... So, yeah.. thanks for agreeing w/ me.

P.S.S - I don't know where you are getting this 'hate' comment from .. 1/2 my family is white on my Mother's side *smfh

Don't wallow in the past...

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 09-27-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California