Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 02:58 PM

8,216 posts, read 16,705,829 times

Advertisements

I just saw this in another forum I participate in. Wow, I can't imagine living in that kind of continuous heat! People are talking about not going outside unless absolutely necessary.

We've been in the mid 60s almost the entire Summer along the Monterey Penninsula. Some complain about the fog. But I enjoy the summer cloud cover and ocean breezes. For me its perfect. This year it has been intermingled with sun. I had to open a few doors and windows because it got hot indoors this past week.

How about your area? Is it as hot as TX, as cool as Monterey or somewhere in between?

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 08-01-2011 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 03:12 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,506,753 times
The reason for Texas' and middle America's heat wave is the same reason for the exceptionally cool weather we are having in CA ... Has to due with the jet stream that flows across the U.S from West to East being disrupted.... Such temperature swings are nothing to cheer for anybody IMO (given the more broader detrimental impact). A good amount of America's food comes from mid America .. You are no doubt paying to some degree for it ..

Moderator cut: copyright issues

That kind of continuous heat is quite bearable as we live in a modern day society where cars and buildings have A/C.. You live on the coast.. you have coastal breeze .. Temps of the kinds you are experiencing are quite normal. For that matter, you probably noticed the soil moisture anomaly centered on California .. All this cool weather and snowpack could lead to floods coming soon ...

There really are no pros to weather anomalies ... on a longer term perspective .. For anyone. So, enjoy it while it last.

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-01-2011 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues - please post original material only.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:45 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,286,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
I just saw this in another forum I participate in. Wow, I can't imagine living in that kind of continuous heat! People are talking about not going outside unless absolutely necessary.

We've been in the mid 60s almost the entire Summer along the Monterey Penninsula. Some complain about the fog. But I enjoy the summer cloud cover and ocean breezes. For me its perfect. This year it has been intermingled with sun. I had to open a few doors and windows because it got hot indoors this past week.

How about your area? Is it as hot as TX, as cool as Monterey or somewhere in between?

Derek
Mid 60s is a bit cooler than my liking for summertime temps. I prefer the 75-80 degree temps we have here in the Silicon Valley and they get near the coast in SoCal.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:57 PM

8,216 posts, read 16,705,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Mid 60s is a bit cooler than my liking for summertime temps. I prefer the 75-80 degree temps we have here in the Silicon Valley and they get near the coast in SoCal.
Yeah, SoCal coast is really nice in the Summer months. That's where I grew up. I really can't stand the crouds there in the Summer. But its obvious why it is so popular. I used to surf/swim in the ocean with just swim trunks growing up. Our kids go in the water here. But wetsuits are preferred even in the Summer months.

Derek

Old 08-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Agreed. I had a friend visit recently and the cold temps in SF impacted the comfort of the trip a bit.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:03 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,315,772 times
Yeah I hope all those business that move to Texas did some research about how freaking inhospitable the weather can be. I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:00 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,687,420 times
Quote:
That kind of continuous heat is quite bearable as we live in a modern day society where cars and buildings have A/C..
and you are fond of being indoors.

90 degrees here on the coast today. The cabbages are very happy.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Ok trying again.

90-95 during the day in the Central Valley perfect swimming/summer activity weather. 65-75 evening and night perfect patio eating out weather.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
and you are fond of being indoors.

90 degrees here on the coast today. The cabbages are very happy.
Nope. Fond of a Modern day society. Local weather in Palo Alto is just great around the 70s .. great riding weather.... Nice mix of heat and a cool breeze .. these cold temps makes the beaches not so fun though .. Night time it can get chilly in the 50's ... but that provides for great sheet snuggling open window nights. Can't have it all. Hands down, weighing the pros/cons, I love the weather in Cali the most of the states i have been in the U.S

Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ok seeing as how this thread changed I'll try again.

90-95 during the day in the Central Valley perfect swimming/summer activity weather. 65-75 evening and night perfect patio eating out weather.
Sounds like a great mix Bulldogdad ...
In Palo Alto the nights are around 50's ...Only thing this helps with is snuggling under piles of sheets w/ the windows open.. Which I <3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California