Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Yup....since companies don't have to comply with anything, it means the emplyees have to fend for themselves. Last in Worker's comp coverage, last in percentage of the people who are uninsured, 48th in percentage of employer-base health insurance..........yikes.
That's the red state model for ya. Make sure to keep abortions from happening so you'll be born. Once you're born however, *********, you're on your own.

Yeah I said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:11 PM

The hell with the nanny filters ok???

I said s c r e w y o u in that censored mess so there.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:19 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
For once, we agree. Oh, and you forgot one more group....The teachers' union & college professors would also be resistant to any change in that direction.
You're right, although I'd generally include them in the Liberal and PC group. BTW, you make "agree" sound like such a bad thing (although hey, you notice I never even mentioned "Cali".... oops)!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:27 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,703,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Isnt this something....
Also,
As governor, Reagan increased spending, raised taxes, helped create the nation’s first state-based emissions standards, signed an abortion-rights bill, supported unions, and expanded the nation’s largest state-based Medicaid program (socialized medicine).

Nowadays I must admit, I sorta miss him. And Im a Democrat.
Reagan knew how to get things done. And although many didn't agree with all his politics, he earned respect from both sides of the aisle. This is something which is hard to find today from either party or independent candidate. It alludes most ppl when they think one dimensionally - left vs. right as the answer to all problems.

I find it humerous in a pathetic sort of way when I see the best that the right has to offer for 2012. Most of it is simply an anti-Obama message with very little substance, original thought or well contructed plan for recovery of its own. Which of these GOP's could be even remotely be as effective in DC as Reagan was? And I say this from dissapointment more than anything. I really wish the GOP could do better. But the Gov't (both sides) are so polarized, its just an accusation and blame game now vs. original thought of any kind for a better America. Most ppl will blame Obama for all their economic woes and then cling to the opposite end of the pendulum - cut/slash all social programs, education, etc... while deregulating big business. Drill baby drill! Brilliant, how easy it is to forget the history and the policies which led up to the recession - big businesses gone unchecked. That is not going to be a miracle cure for anything. Rather it will just lead to more gridlock on the Hill like we saw recently with the debt ceiling and potential Gov't shutdown. And this is from a registered Republican, although I'm pretty fed up with both parties at the moment.

Derek

Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
That's the red state model for ya. Make sure to keep abortions from happening so you'll be born. Once you're born however, *********, you're on your own.

Yeah I said it.
WTF? I can't rep you? Otherwise, pretty much.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
WTF? I can't rep you? Otherwise, pretty much.
You wanting to rep me??? Feeling ok?

Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,506,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well actually, if you back away from the FAKE NEWS a bit, you'll find there are a several other "lunatics" who agree with him (although, I know, I know... anybody you disagree with is just another lackey for the "liberal media")!

And the S&P downgrade was a direct result of all the Tea Bagger nonsense, and was only a taste of what would have happened to our credit and reputation worldwide if saner heads hadn't prevailed, and we had actually defaulted (but you knew that already, right)?!

Morgan Stanley economist recommends more Government spending
The effectiveness of quantitative easing

BTW, on a somewhat related note, the payment on one of the variable rate mortgages on my investment rentals was just cut nearly in half today! Why? Because it's tied to the anniversary of 1 year LIBOR rates (among other things), which have still remained low due to the Fed policy and cheap money... so that means extra $$$ in my pocket, thank you very much Mr. Obama!!
While I know Krugman to be an idiot and know quantitative easing to be a big screw job for the general public and those foreign countries whose currencies are tied to the dollar (thus the reasons for the chaos in egypt/etc due to food price inflation) .. I too profit immensely from it...

I just got a Citi simplicity card that has 0% interest for 21 months on an $18,000 credit line (Will basically run this all the way up and take a free ~2 year loan and pay it off on month 20) ....

I am also taking advantage of a 1% Balance transfer offer from chase on another credit card for a $10,000 BT ...

Further, all of my investments are soaring through the roof that i bought at the bottom while everyone panicked about the S&P downgrade and sold ...

Still though, knowing full well, the mechanics of quantitative easing and spend/pretending .. I know long term it is going to screw america over.. I mean, that has been my investment strategy for years now starting from buying citigroup at $0.98 .. BP after the oil disaster .. whenever the govt. is involved, think what is going to screw the average American the hardest and put your money on it happening .. Next up is the AT&T / T-mobile merger...

The trade never gets old and while I am making money hand over fist, I can still be real at the end of the day and point out how screwed up the policies are ....

The investment/wealthy class afterall doesn't get rich via a miracle...

Glad you are taking advantage of this record cheap credit Mateo !

Old 08-16-2011, 04:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
What a stinging condemnation. Ouch.

For all the ant-California rhetoric coming from Rick Perry in recent years, it sure is beginning to feel like the 2012 election season will be a time of vindication for CA because everything Rick Perry has ever said or done as Governor will be put under a microscope and scrutinized like a frog being dissected in a high school biology class.

I can't wait.
Writtin by Krugman, obviously only partially true and slanted: I would not waste my time reading unless I needed a good laugh.

Nita

Old 08-16-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Someone on the radio this morning was reporting that Texas has more minimum-wage jobs than any other state and a lower percentage of the population covered by any form of health care. The deal in Texas is you work for just enough money to keep you alive so that you can keep coming to work but God had better help you if you get sick. This is serfdom. California can do better.
I hope RIck Perry is the GOP nominee. He'll be so easy to beat.
min wage is better than not working at all.

Nita

Old 08-16-2011, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Yeah, we don't need no stinkin' Engineering or Manufacturing jobs. We only need PR, Marketing, Law, biology PhDs, etc.
It's time for more to realize the majority of jobs needed are the service industry etc and yes, they do not call for advanced degrees. How many young people are coming out of college and are lucky to get jobs paying too much more than min wage. Wonder how they like paying back those student loans or how proud their parents are to know $100,000 later thier kids are not using their education.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California