Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 01:26 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,518,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Man, I want some of what you're smokin'. Must be some good ****. If enforcing those laws don't make any sense, what others should be carved out of our penal codes to suit you bleeding hearts? In fact, why bother having laws at all?

So in your philosophy, build a successful country and they will come and that's OK no matter what the cost to our fiscal health, infrastructure and society. Why, just let their numbers overwhelm us and take on theirs. Think of the possibilities. We can be a third world and fourth rate country just like Mexico. That's an attractive option, no?

I guess once that happens we, the now, new Spanish speaking hordes of lawbreakers, will just move to take over Canada as well. Why, I'll bet you're studying French as we speak. Oops! Scratch that. They'll have to learn Spanish too.

Thank God for the Rockies. They may help contain you while the rest of us stay American.

Y'all illegal lovers and apologists will be the destruction of us yet.
Don't Bother Arguing with a Liberal from the Peoples Republic of Californiastan they just never seem to budge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 01:32 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,097,067 times
I don't get it, why are so many people not in California posting here?

Regardless, this "debate" is pointless. The people that believe that illegals receive large benefits in California are going to believe that regardless, after all they have some website that tells them so. Furthermore, any request for reasoned dialogue is going to be met with these same websites. Its an unfalsifiable circle....

The only comfort here is that only one of these people is actually in California....

Old 09-18-2011, 01:52 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,696,905 times
This is yet another reason why CA is a garbage place to live in. Why do we have so many children living in poverty when we call ourselves the richest nation on Earth? And as another poster said, no matter how worse things get, some people don't stop having children. Sorry folks, I say it how I see it. CA isn't that good of a place to live in anymore. Those days are long gone.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:54 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,625,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
This is yet another reason why CA is a garbage place to live in. Why do we have so many children living in poverty when we call ourselves the richest nation on Earth? And as another poster said, no matter how worse things get, some people don't stop having children. Sorry folks, I say it how I see it. CA isn't that good of a place to live in anymore. Those days are long gone.
To find good places to live in I look at the quickfacts census data website and find counties with greater than 25% of the population with a four year degree along with poverty rates of less than 10%. Many of those places still exist, but some searching has to be done.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 09-18-2011 at 02:13 PM..

Old 09-18-2011, 02:05 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,499,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
To find good places to live in I look at the quickfacts census data website and find counties with greater than 25% of the population with a four year degree and poverty rates of less than 10%. Many of those places still exist, but some searching has to be done.
You radical! Yur actually suggestin' that people really research potential destinations before they move. How could you?

Old 09-18-2011, 02:15 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,625,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You radical! Yur actually suggestin' that people really research potential destinations before they move. How could you?
Yes, that way they will be sure to avoid moving to Missouri (with the exception of Clay, Platte, St. Louis and St. Charles counties)!

Old 09-18-2011, 02:28 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,690,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
your car doesn't count
Funny story. My brother blew out his aorta, he did not have health insurance. He is a funny guy, died in the wool conservative, has every book Rush Limbaugh ever had written for him, really, he would feel right at home with you conservatives.

So, no health insurance, Me, being a good brother signed him up for county social services, mediCal, Social Security disability, all that good stuff.

So, he is now on the dole... He gets out of the hospital, his $100,000 + bill paid by the good taxpayers of America and off he goes.

About 6 months later the County does a review of his eligiblity, discovers he has a recent model Honda Accord that blue books for well over $2,000 and, all his State Services get yanked.

Now though, since Obama's health care thingamajig passed, my dear ultra conservative bro, once again has health care.

Too funny, eh?

Old 09-18-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Not when vociferously supported, excused and espoused.
Interesting, Curmie, go back through my posts, see if you can find any that support, excuse or espouse the actions of our good patriotic Republican businessmen and their support of illegal immigration. Let me give you a hint. You can't find one.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
This is yet another reason why CA is a garbage place to live in. .... folks, I say it how I see it. CA isn't that good of a place to live in anymore. Those days are long gone.
Tis sad, I know. here it is 75 degrees, I just spent the morning pressure washing the last of our three sailboats that we used on that "garbage place" Lake Tahoe.

I have spent my summer camping and riding in the "garbage place" mountains, here in this "garbage place" state where half the land is by law uninhabited and has been reserved (by liberals) for your public recreation. "Garbage place" trout streams, lakes, and forests.

Such a terrible place to live.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:39 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,499,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Yes, that way they will be sure to avoid moving to Missouri (with the exception of Clay, Platte, St. Louis and St. Charles counties)!
LOL! Yeah. The Ozarks tend to stand alone. Them thar citified folk can have it. We'uns like ta be ignored. By all means, discourage them Califoreigners frum thinkin' 'bout these here parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California