Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where in California do they have the hottest prettiest girls?
San Diego area 14 21.21%
Orange County area 12 18.18%
LA area 20 30.30%
San Francisco area 2 3.03%
San Jose area 2 3.03%
Sacramento area 3 4.55%
Riverside area 1 1.52%
Oakland area 2 3.03%
Fresno area 4 6.06%
Other 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:43 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,948,680 times

Advertisements

I always remember men need my physical protection and help with technology... I never forget that and always trying to be a gentleman for them!

Old 03-25-2012, 08:55 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,894,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
... "come on over" huh? Got a yacht waiting for me in the S.C. harbor?
Could. Just so you understand my definition of "yacht" though, I submit: I returned to the mainland from my Hawaii "yacht" last week. I even joined my very first "Yacht Club" this winter. It makes me feel very aristocratic to wear the cap and shirt -- even though the "yacht" is a faded 43-years-old 24 footer with a cabin you can't stand up in -- or do much more than sleep and play cribbage in Yes, my wife joined me for about six weeks of my four-months on my "yacht" ... two adults and three large dogs at sea and dockside was a comedic ballet.

That said, I have a couple more, 26 and 28 foot sailboats up here in Puget Sound ... one of which is very seaworthy and we could be in SC Harbor for cribbage any time ... get out your spyglass and watch for a funky old wood sailing dory with 3 dogs atop the cabin.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:57 PM

Boy ... someone keeps trying so hard to get a reaction to really bitter trolling posts and finding no one to play

Old 03-25-2012, 08:58 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,948,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Boy ... someone keeps trying so hard to get a reaction to really bitter trolling posts and finding no one to play
Yes, and they're double posting.
Some are also filled with hatred of women, while they're not superior but rather inferior.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:00 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,184 times
Quote:
Could. Just so you understand my definition of "yacht" though, I submit: I returned to the mainland from my Hawaii "yacht" last week. I even joined my very first "Yacht Club" this winter. It makes me feel very aristocratic to wear the cap and shirt -- even though the "yacht" is a faded 43-years-old 24 footer with a cabin you can't stand up in -- or do much more than sleep and play cribbage in Yes, my wife joined me for about six weeks of my four-months on my "yacht" ... two adults and three large dogs at sea and dockside was a comedic ballet.

That said, I have a couple more, 26 and 28 foot sailboats up here in Puget Sound ... one of which is very seaworthy and we could be in SC Harbor for cribbage any time ... get out your spyglass and watch for a funky old wood sailing dory with 3 dogs atop the cabin.
Cool!!!
I'll have to remember how to play.
Why is it that the only thing i remember is the number 15?
Or am i vaguely remembering tennis?
I honestly don't know at this moment but i just drank a Big Foot ale (rare that i drink but anxiety was getting the better of me) which is extremely strong and on an empty stomach .... yikes.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I should address the "weaker sex" complaint. Are women truly the weaker sex? Do they need the "protection" of men? Because their purposes and priorities are different from men, it follows that in general, they have different strengths and weaknesses. Yes, I'm generalizing - there are individuals of both sexes who are exceptions to the rule. But in general women are more easily led by their emotions, more easily led into dangerous situations, and they benefit from men in their lives who can take a more objective and de-personalized view of things. Men still lead, and women still follow, though women need not follow blindly or un-intelligently.
Pilgrim, you just keep digging that hole deeper. It would be incredibly fun to follow an engagement on this issue between you and my two sisters -- one a brilliant fine artist and the other an attorney -- and maybe toss my current wife in for fun with an interpreter. Wife hasn't the mastery of logic my sisters do, but she has undergrad degrees in psychology and in women's studies, plus her Master's in theatre, and I would expect her to provide great color commentary to the match.

Pilgrim, you just don't seem to grasp the difference between cultural conditioning and natural abilities at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Appreciating the physical protection that a man can offer (and i certainly do btw ... no "feminist" here despite my mother's attempt!) does not mean that men lead.
It just means that men are, generally speaking, physically stronger and more geared to fight.
While I suppose that is pretty much true, I wander away from home much of the time leaving my wife alone without much concern. Last few years we have added her service dogs to the family and they take care of the watchdog function ... but prior to that my wife slept with a short bat in my absence. She played softball for years and is quite good with the thing. She also has freaky good senses to compensate for her deafness ... she'd not likely be surprised by an intruder.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:15 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,970 times
Quote:
Pilgrim, you just keep digging that hole deeper. It would be incredibly fun to follow an engagement on this issue between you and my two sisters -- one a brilliant fine artist and the other an attorney -- and maybe toss my current wife in for fun with an interpreter. Wife hasn't the mastery of logic my sisters do, but she has undergrad degrees in psychology and in women's studies, plus her Master's in theatre and I would expect her to provide great color commentary to the match.
There are plenty of brilliant, educated, professional women who share my opinions, starting with my own wife, who holds a doctorate and always trounces me in scrabble. But thanks for the offer: I'm sure your sisters are smart too.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of brilliant, educated, professional women who share my opinions, starting with my own wife, who holds a doctorate and always trounces me in scrabble. But thanks for the offer: I'm sure your sisters are smart too.
Smart, yes ... but more on point even than their intelligence is their ability with logic -- and their lack of need to "[be led by] men in their lives who can take a more objective and de-personalized view of things." -- as their abilities could also be said of our Phi Beta Kappa mother and the majority of women I have associated with in my life. But then I don't run in the Rick Santorum circle, where it would seem women know their place is behind superior men, and not along side them.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:47 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,970 times
Quote:
Smart, yes ... but more on point even than their intelligence is their ability with logic --.
Logical feminists? Highly unlikely: feminists typically glory in their irrationality.

"In short, we would discover, as we should already, that logic is in the eye of the logician." - Gloria Steinem

But I'll grant that it's a remote possibility: one can be a brilliant logician but still wrong if one begins with a false premise. Feminism begins with a false anthropology and so its "logic", insofar as it exists, is a dead end.

Quote:
-- and their lack of need to "[be led by] men in their lives who can take a more objective and de-personalized view of things." -- as their abilities could also be said of our Phi Beta Kappa mother and the majority of women I have associated with in my life.
In other words, long on intelligence, short on wisdom. Looks like it runs in the family.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Logical feminists? Highly unlikely: feminists typically glory in their irrationality.

"In short, we would discover, as we should already, that logic is in the eye of the logician." - Gloria Steinem

But I'll grant that it's a remote possibility: one can be a brilliant logician but still wrong if one begins with a false premise. Feminism begins with a false anthropology and so its "logic", insofar as it exists, is a dead end.

In other words, long on intelligence, short on wisdom. Looks like it runs in the family.
Too too funny, Pilgrim. As usual, it is you who has started out with the false premise. And what an absolutely bs position you use to cop out anyway.

Oh, the false premise? -- That any of my sisters, wives, or mother were / are feminists. Of the bunch only one sister might -- just maybe -- consider herself somewhat feminist ... but even she would not refer to herself as such generally. Of course, in your closed minded world, any woman who doesn't acquiesce to a male-centric view of superiority must be a "feminist". Labels are a necessity for you. And you always get to define them.

Interesting also that someone such as yourself, whose entire world view is shaped by total, blind devotion to one institutional dogma, a dogma based on unprovable fictions that rely on faith rather than facts, and who persistently quotes others as proofs, as if quotations are reliable signs of authority, -- should cast another, whose view is shaped by broad worldly experience in addition to mere education, both sources unstructured by any dogma, as "unwise".

You can't touch this, Pilgrim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California