Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:04 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,902,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Well, if Cali would quit putting folks like Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer in office year after year, taxes would be far lower throughout the USA than they are today. (Sorry Cali. Your state is cool, your weather is awesome, your land is beautiful and diverse, but your politics are horrific.)
lmao! You think so?! Sure, if it weren't for the so-and-so's you'd have lower taxes and higher pay and all the savings would go directly into your pocket because everyone -- except the so-and-so's -- wants you to have mo' money! -- including your bosses! Sure, it'll all come back to you and everthang'll be just rosy and fine and dandy ... youbetcha billybob catfish

Old 11-12-2011, 09:09 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,851,128 times
Boise= the new California.

-Cheers.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:14 PM

608 posts, read 924,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
lmao! You think so?! Sure, if it weren't for the so-and-so's you'd have lower taxes and higher pay and all the savings would go directly into your pocket because everyone -- except the so-and-so's -- wants you to have mo' money! -- including your bosses! Sure, it'll all come back to you and everthang'll be just rosy and fine and dandy ... youbetcha billybob catfish
Thanks for the clever response. Ol' "billybob catfish" has probably been in far more states and countries throughout the world than you, so please don't ASSume that because I have Oklahoma as my location, that I must be some kind of uneducated hick. The reality is that your state's elected officials' willingness to tax and over-regulate everything it can has helped make Cali nearly bankrupt, and in return left Cali with an interesting problem...you have more residents receiving government aid than paying into it. That's why many of your states best and brightest are heading to places such as (dare I say it) Oklahoma!

Last edited by catfishing; 11-12-2011 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-12-2011, 09:20 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,414 times
The Sacramento Kings are going to be the Kansas City Kings next season.

Have you tried handfishin down by Wichita Falls!

Quote:
Thanks for the clever response. Ol' "billybob catfish" has probably been in far more states and countries throughout the world than you, so please don't ASSume that because I have Oklahoma as my location, that I must be some kind of uneducated hick. The reality is that your state's elected officials' willingness to tax and over-regulate everything it can has helped make Cali nearly bankrupt, and in return left Cali with an interesting problem...you have more residents receiving government aid that paying into it. That's why many of your states best and brightest are heading to places such as (dare I say it) Oklahoma!

Old 11-12-2011, 09:24 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Boise= the new California.

-Cheers.
The lake spirit living in the pond behind my parents' house back in MA, that appears in my dreams, told me the exact same thing! How did you meet Xaczdar??

Old 11-12-2011, 09:25 PM

608 posts, read 924,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
The Sacramento Kings are going to be the Kansas City Kings next season.

Have you tried handfishin down by Wichita Falls!
Didn't know that about the Kings. I can't say I've tried the fishing around Wichita Falls, but I'll keep it in mind. I have a home right next to the Red River though.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:32 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,902,925 times
Quote:
Thanks for the clever response. Ol' "billybob catfish" has probably been in far more states and countries throughout the world than you, so please don't ASSume that because I have Oklahoma as my location, that I must be some kind of uneducated hick. The reality is that your state's elected officials' willingness to tax and over-regulate everything it can has helped make Cali nearly bankrupt, and in return left Cali with an interesting problem...you have more residents receiving government aid that paying into it. That's why many of your states best and brightest are heading to places such as (dare I say it) Oklahoma!
Well, ol' Catfish, I've been in 47 states (camping and hiking, and fishing), and lived in nine of those states ... plus tramped most Canadian Provinces, Mexico, and all over Asia (including fighting a war there) ... so if you got me beat you've earned yo'sef a new pair of good ol' boy boots.

Please provide verification of California being nearly bankrupt ... lookin' forward to reviewing the material ... specially since California remains the nation's largest GDP state with the largest contribution to the nation's GDP ... it also ranks 9th on least money received from the federal government
TaxProf Blog: Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed
-- taking in only $0.81 per dollar paid out to feds. Oklahoma, by the way, receives more federal dollars in assistance than it pays at a rate of $1.36 taken from the Feds.
The Tax Foundation - Tax Research Areas > Oklahoma
Y'all enjoy your catfish now, heah? I'm having a piece of breaded catfish for breakfast tmw morning, myself ... love it!

Old 11-12-2011, 09:33 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,851,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
Unhinged crazy alarmist can only see the worst of any situation. It's like listening to Glenn Beck and wondering why he's hoarding food and buying gold.

The Census data might be out of date already. Where I live in California, I see more and more Arizona, Nevada, and Texas license plates. Many of those that cashed out and sold their homes at the height of the housing bubble are returning.

How do I know? I'm one of them. It's so good to be back in California.

If you don't like it here... get the heck out.
I've lived in California all of my life and I want out. My parents owned restaurants in the 1970's through the late 1990's here in So Cal. Its very hard now in California for the independent to open up a restaurant or a small business for that matter. The chains are taking over. Landlords will not look at your concept even if you have the credit, the money and the experience. They want the chains. Not only that but the state is completed saturated and then you have the regulations and taxes and workers' compensation and... and... and.... My dream was to follow in my dad's footsteps and open my own restaurant. I will eventually open my own business but it will not be in California.

-Cheers.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:37 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
I've lived in California all of my life and I want out. My parents owned restaurants in the 1970's through the late 1990's here in So Cal. Its very hard now in California for the independent to open up a restaurant or a small business for that matter. The chains are taking over. Landlords will not look at your concept even if you have the credit, the money and the experience. They want the chains. Not only that but the state is completed saturated and then you have the regulations and taxes and workers' compensation and... and... and.... My dream was to follow in my dad's footsteps and open my own restaurant. I will eventually open my own business but it will not be in California.

-Cheers.
These statements fly in the face of my experience in this field in SF and LA. Hell, at this point, if you have the cash, experience, business model, etc... you've got pick of the litter! I'm currently working on projects in SF, Palm Springs, and LA.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:37 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,414 times
There is kind of a Grapes of Wrath in reverse going on.

Californians are migrating back to Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas for a better life.

Quote:

-Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California