Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 10:10 AM

749 posts, read 1,790,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
Welcome back. Where are you returning from?

So the OP and his stats are nothing more than the rantings of the paranoid?

Thank you! We are returning from Nashville, TN. And so glad to be exiting TN.

I don't know whether the OP is paranoid or not. But we thought we wanted out of Ca too. But after the 1st 6 months of being in TN; we knew we had made a very big mistake. We didn't realize how well we had it in Ca until we experienced what we have in TN. I could tell some horror stories. I have actually thought about writing a book of what we have went through, witnessed and what others have told us.

But enough of the negative. I just know I can see the light at the end of the tunnel just knowing my days are numbered. 26!

Old 11-12-2011, 11:20 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
Thank you! We are returning from Nashville, TN. And so glad to be exiting TN.

I don't know whether the OP is paranoid or not. But we thought we wanted out of Ca too. But after the 1st 6 months of being in TN; we knew we had made a very big mistake. We didn't realize how well we had it in Ca until we experienced what we have in TN. I could tell some horror stories. I have actually thought about writing a book of what we have went through, witnessed and what others have told us.

But enough of the negative. I just know I can see the light at the end of the tunnel just knowing my days are numbered. 26!
The only two things I didn't like about Huntsville (northern Alabama, basically the same as a lot of TN) is 1) the winter weather and 2) not being our family in CA. Otherwise Huntsville is great: low housing costs, excellent schools, no traffic, low property taxes (0.7% or so), lots of engineering jobs, low electricity rates $0.07/kw-hr, cheaper gas, less stressed people, huge middle class. Other less important things is Huntsville is small, not a lot of diversity, limited restaurants and everything is closed on Sunday. Great place to raise a family.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:26 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I'd take Colorado. Hello Vail? Aspen? Summit County? I take it you don't ski or snowboard....

That Colorado picture is making me foam at the mouth! I wish the west coast did not have sierra cement powder.
Housing? Vail and Aspen makes Irvine look cheap.
Snowboarding is nice for a few hours a day. But day after day of white knuckle driving and living on snowy icy roads, cold windy weather. No thanks.

Jobs? In Aspen? Vail? Even for retirement, the cold weather for six months a year is kind of rough.

I'd rather live in San Pedro or Oxnard than Vail or Aspen.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:28 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,165,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Housing? Vail and Aspen makes Irvine look cheap.
Snowboarding is nice for a few hours a day. But day after day of white knuckle driving and living on snowy icy roads, cold windy weather. No thanks.

Jobs? In Aspen? Vail?
I didn't say you have to buy a house or work there. But having those things in your back yard? Puhleeze, I'd take it any day of the week. White nuckle driving? Is that what California softys are calling it now? LoL.

Snowboarding is great for a few hours a day? I only ride a few hours if I go after work, otherwise I am riding all day if I go out. I mean maybe if you are out of shape than you would only be able to handle a few hours..

Quote:
I'd rather live in San Pedro or Oxnard than Vail or Aspen.
To each his own. You could not pay me to live in Oxnard or San Pedro. At that point you might as well just move to Mexico city or TJ..

Last edited by NorCal Dude; 11-12-2011 at 12:07 PM..

Old 11-12-2011, 12:17 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
We didn't realize how well we had it in Ca until we experienced what we have in TN. I could tell some horror stories.
Big tease. SPILL!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:30 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,902,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Big tease. SPILL!
Yes!

Pretty please!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:45 PM

220 posts, read 411,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfreez View Post
Must be a trend. I left in 06 and will be back in a few weeks too...

I'm seeing more and more out of state license plates. From where are you moving back?

Out of State license plates that I'm starting to see lots of: Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Oregon, Washington, and some Idaho.

Max exodus?

Old 11-12-2011, 01:05 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,855,614 times
We moved to WA in 2007, and moved back to CA in 2010. We're starting to regret moving back, though.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:50 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,506,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
I'm seeing more and more out of state license plates. From where are you moving back?

Out of State license plates that I'm starting to see lots of: Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Oregon, Washington, and some Idaho.

Max exodus?
Don't get this confused with the AZ plates which are most often car rental companies using a loopholes to avoid paying California's silly arse car tax every year.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:16 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,688,564 times
No better place to grow old than the Central Coast of CA, never hot, never cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California