Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:16 PM

258 posts, read 614,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I don't do excuses.
... Fine, and I live in reality.

Some of us come from money ... The rest of us work for a living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,152,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I dunno bout that. 76 degrees here on the awful Koast of California, wife and daughter went to the beach at Avila today, $8.75 an hour and Avila Beach is better than $110,000 a year in some megaslobopolis. I took a spin on the moto yesterday. The grass is coming up green on the hills (those are dirt and rock things that rise up from the ambient ground level, they ain't got them in Florider, so figured I would define my term), oranges are ripe on the trees, the brussels sprouts are about ready for a fourth picking.

Saturday there was fresh snow on the west wall of the Sierra rising a clear and sparkling 10,000 feet above the valley floor, ain't got that in Florida either. no snow, no sierra, no 10,000 foot rise to sit back and marvel at.

YO... akkording to da mr Curtz, we gotta be gangsta or something.. and swikh or k and c... Ya da home boy really got it goin on...

Also akkording to the "billy" one of the worlds top 10 eKonomies is in the Sh*ter... Got news... for they are all in the Sh*ter..... World is going to hell in a hand basket........Ya wit me homeboy??

SO back to what highnlite said >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
(Read above post and if you are one that would rather sit inside, or need pre organized entertainment as may city slickers do... Then why not leave? If you can not apprecaite the finer points in life...

Maybe those seeking material wealth should leave California, maybe those that can not ceep there C and K straight should never come back to California...

That would make it paradise....

Old 01-25-2012, 04:34 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
YO... akkording to da mr Curtz, we gotta be gangsta or something.. and swikh or k and c... Ya da home boy really got it goin on...

Also akkording to the "billy" one of the worlds top 10 eKonomies is in the Sh*ter... Got news... for they are all in the Sh*ter..... World is going to hell in a hand basket........Ya wit me homeboy??

SO back to what highnlite said >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
(Read above post and if you are one that would rather sit inside, or need pre organized entertainment as may city slickers do... Then why not leave? If you can not apprecaite the finer points in life...

Maybe those seeking material wealth should leave California, maybe those that can not ceep there C and K straight should never come back to California...

That would make it paradise....
Yeah I'm thinking your not up on the whole K for Kalifornia usage.

Its a form of Cyrillic transliteration. Common with us gun owning types. Its an underhanded jab at the oppressive overly regulated police state that is Kommiefornia.

I should add that many posters who use it don't understand the meaning behind the spelling change. Many just think its the kool thing to do.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 PM

I live within my means ... Most Kalifornians don't

Take a drive thru Beverly Hills, Holmbly Hills and Bel Air ... OPEN your EYES ... Extreme extravagant living with little, or no sympathy for the suffering.

Example: Housewives of Bervely Hills. None of those snobby, out of control American women own the home they live. I bet they are all in debt and underwater. Even one husband committed suicide, and the show stayed on the air. What a joke. The U.S. Media TV & Film Industry: Make money - Who cares about values and morals. Don't hate on me ... hate on your own. Kalifornian's Head Honcho Gov. Schwarzenegger had numerous affiars on his devoted wife. The guy has 4 kids. Fornicated with his Mexican maid. I bet Tax Money was spent on his sexual liasons, outside Sacramento.

Even your leader is a joke.

Last edited by Mr.Kurtz; 01-25-2012 at 04:45 PM..

Old 01-25-2012, 04:41 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,902,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
I live within my means ... Most Kalifornians don't

Take a drive thru Beverly Hills, Holmbly Hills and Bel Air ... ans OPEN your EYES ... Extreme extravagant living with little, to no sympathy for the suffering.

Example: Housewives of Bervely Hills. None of those snobby, out of control American women own the home they live in. I bet they are all in debt and underwater. Even one husband committed suicide, and the show stayed on the air. What a joke.

Don't hate on me ... hate on your own.

Peace
Mr. Kurtz!
You say "Don't hate on me ... hate on your own."
And then you say: "Peace."

I don't understand, Mr. Kurtz!

Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 PM

Hey Kalifornians ... My advice: Don't blame others for your sorry state of affairs.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:54 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,548,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
All that's nice, but doesn't matter to someone who's out of work because the state's an economic train wreck.
Florida's unemployment rate is 9.9%. Ours is 11.1%. The unemployment rate is high in many states coast to coast. Every state has its pluses and minuses regarding recreation and quality of life as well.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:57 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,902,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
Hey Kalifornians ... My advice: Don't blame others for your sorry state of affairs.
Advice noted, Mr. Kurtz!
... and rejected! We are blaming YOU, Mr. Kurtz!
YOU for bailing out when we need your wisdom, guidance and leadership!

Mr. Kurtz! Come home!
(Hey, sounds like a great name for a tv series, don't it ... we could maybe get a little blond kid named Timmy, or something, to pal around with Mr. Kurtz as he rescues Californians from all manner of threatening situations ... we'll need a mom with an apron in the kitchen, too, of course ... )

Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,461,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Florida's unemployment rate is 9.9%. Ours is 11.1%. The unemployment rate is high in many states coast to coast. Every state has its pluses and minuses regarding recreation and quality of life as well.
A lot of those states are cheap though. Its a lot easier to be out of work if your rent is $800/mo than $1800/mo.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
I escaped Pennsylvania for California in the 1992. I was being paid three times as much for the same job in San Francisco. I got enough money and retired in 1998. Now I live in Arizona where I can live comfortably on what I made. It's the free enterprise system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California