Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:11 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Let's see ... Japan's financial meltdown was early 90's? Roughly 20 years of "stumbling" and "crashing" -- but no actual collapse? The Japanese weathered their storm well ... no rioting in the streets, the sky didn't fall, the people aren't eating out of garbage cans ... the culture is still wholly intact ... and despite their debt ratio the country continues to turn out brilliant minds and products. How can that be?

Maybe it has something to do with how humans rise to various challenges and change. You'd think the world works that way: always changing and adapting when hard times happen. Huh.
All is well until you're greece, spain, italy .. the EU...
Next the UK ..
If you give a broke individual billions of dollars worth of credit lines across credit cards and tell em to enjoy life. On the surface, he will seem fine too.
The thing you do in life is look beyond it. The average person isn't and thus has no claim to truly evaluating something which is why i don't care for the avg. person's misinformed opinion.
Try betting your your life saving on a daily basis just looking at the surface of companies and countries. You'd be broke before the end of the week.
You form such misinformed opinions because you have nothing to lose from doing so. Actually you do.. You have your world view to lose which is why you view things incorrectly as it goes against your beliefs seeing the deeper truth.

Here's what Japan looks like in charts :

If you put your money where your 'the surface looks good' mouth was, you'd be broke.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 06-06-2012 at 01:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 01:29 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,894,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
All is well until you're greece, spain, italy .. the EU...
Next the UK ..
If you give a broke individual billions of dollars worth of credit lines across credit cards and tell em to enjoy life. On the surface, he will seem fine too.
The thing you do in life is look beyond it. The average person isn't and thus has no claim to truly evaluating something which is why i don't care for the avg. person's misinformed opinion.
Try betting your your life saving on a daily basis just looking at the surface of companies and countries. You'd be broke before the end of the week.
You form such misinformed opinions because you have nothing to lose from doing so. Actually you do.. You have your world view to lose which is why you view things incorrectly as it goes against your beliefs seeing the deeper truth.

Here's what Japan looks like in charts :
Hilarious ... You give a broke guy billions of dollars of credit and he goes off and blows it -- and enjoys the hell out of life while he's doing it ... then he's broke again -- with a huge smile on his face if he's wise enough to know that the money and entertainment were just that: another piece of life gone by to enjoy while it was happening.

Try betting your life's savings? Try not being fixated on money ... you'll get more out of life ... money isn't health, it isn't happiness, it isn't love, it isn't inner strength, it isn't courage, it isn't talent ... and no, it doesn't buy any of those things. It doesn't climb mountains, it doesn't sail seas, it doesn't fish with a worm on a hook and line tied to a stick while a grandson smiles, it doesn't run in puddles with a dog. Money isn't sh*t. It's sh*t paper.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,894,999 times
You look at your charts ...
I got better visuals to thrive on ...
this is living man ... I don't need no stinkin' charts ...
and neither does the dog:

Dog in Swing - Dog on Swing - YouTube

How much did that slice of life cost?

Old 06-06-2012, 02:13 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,694 times
Quote:
Let's see ... Japan's financial meltdown was early 90's? Roughly 20 years of "stumbling" and "crashing" -- but no actual collapse? The Japanese weathered their storm well ... no rioting in the streets, the sky didn't fall, the people aren't eating out of garbage cans ... the culture is still wholly intact ... and despite their debt ratio the country continues to turn out brilliant minds and products. How can that be?

Maybe it has something to do with how humans rise to various challenges and change. You'd think the world works that way: always changing and adapting when hard times happen. Huh.
Ummm the entire Japanese society is on the verge of being destroyed by a failed nuclear power plant that is spewing untold amounts of lethal radiation into the atmosphere and the ocean. But yeah......

When the tsunami came and went Japan was rebuilding their roads in a matter of days. Look how long it takes the US government to rebuild a bridge or federal highway. The Japanese and Japanese culture are like night and day compared to Americans and American culture. What happened in Japan is also completely different than what is happening to Europe and America. Collateralized debt obligations, naked short selling, mortgage backed securities, and other "creative financial tools" didn't exist on the level that they do now. The collapse that is coming is going to be massive, far reaching, and have deadly consequences for western society. It's not a matter of if but when. Yes the sky is falling.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Hilarious ... You give a broke guy billions of dollars of credit and he goes off and blows it -- and enjoys the hell out of life while he's doing it ... then he's broke again -- with a huge smile on his face if he's wise enough to know that the money and entertainment were just that: another piece of life gone by to enjoy while it was happening.

Try betting your life's savings? Try not being fixated on money ... you'll get more out of life ... money isn't health, it isn't happiness, it isn't love, it isn't inner strength, it isn't courage, it isn't talent ... and no, it doesn't buy any of those things. It doesn't climb mountains, it doesn't sail seas, it doesn't fish with a worm on a hook and line tied to a stick while a grandson smiles, it doesn't run in puddles with a dog. Money isn't sh*t. It's sh*t paper.
I wanted you to reply just as I expected you to add .. Oh', b.t.w his kids and his kids kids have to pay for whatever bill he racked up + interest.. And no, your average self-centered nimrod in the U.S doesn't care about the future or those who come after them which is why my generation is stuck w/ the pile of sh*t we are.

Try not being concerned w/ the very thing that puts a roof over your head, food on the table, and your family cared for .. Yes, money doesn't mean anything, I should sit on my a$$ all day and wait for handouts. Handouts that will be financed by debt. Debt that will be paid by someone else long after i'm gone. Sorry, while tommy is out digging for earth worms in the dirt climbing hills. Someone has to make sure the bills are paid.

You enjoy life as a retired person w/o a care/concern about the future. I'll enjoy mine planning/working so my family (wife/kids) can live it freely.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Ummm the entire Japanese society is on the verge of being destroyed by a failed nuclear power plant that is spewing untold amounts of lethal radiation into the atmosphere and the ocean. But yeah......

When the tsunami came and went Japan was rebuilding their roads in a matter of days. Look how long it takes the US government to rebuild a bridge or federal highway. The Japanese and Japanese culture are like night and day compared to Americans and American culture. What happened in Japan is also completely different than what is happening to Europe and America. Collateralized debt obligations, naked short selling, mortgage backed securities, and other "creative financial tools" didn't exist on the level that they do now. The collapse that is coming is going to be massive, far reaching, and have deadly consequences for western society. It's not a matter of if but when. Yes the sky is falling.
^indeed

Old 06-06-2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
You look at your charts ...
I got better visuals to thrive on ...
this is living man ... I don't need no stinkin' charts ...
and neither does the dog:

Dog in Swing - Dog on Swing - YouTube

How much did that slice of life cost?
I dunno...

You tell me

Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,445,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post

You are 1000% spot on. I wish people would pull their heads out of whatever delusional reality they live in and realize what is about to hit us and the rest of the world. Like it or not harder times are a coming people.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,265,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Yes, like here "Jenny Oropeza Wins California Election Despite Being Dead". Yep, there's some informed voters right there.
These things make great headlines but if a candidate dies just before an election, what are the voters supposed to do if they don't want the remaining candidate(s)? By voting for the dead candidate, they simply have a new election with new candidates.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You are 1000% spot on. I wish people would pull their heads out of whatever delusional reality they live in and realize what is about to hit us and the rest of the world. Like it or not harder times are a coming people.
TVC !!! We have to meet up again before I head outta here. I only have a couple more months .. Lets coordinate . PM me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California