Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 07:58 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
It seems like Hispanics are behaving the same way black voters are. Take a look at 2008, Blacks and Hispanics overwhelmingly supported Barrack and voted for Prop 8. I think these are sets of voters that can be conservative on cultural issues but still vote for Democrats.
It's because both of these groups tend to be very religious as a whole. This doesn't mean that either group is socially conservative overall.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post

I find it very curious that the so called conservatives have a stereotypically "liberal" view of government intervention in social issues, they are all for it, all the while crying out for small government..

I do get a bit confused.
Government involvement works like this:

Health care: keep the gov. out, it has no business.

Abortion: Oh hell to the no! Government better do something to stop that.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Government involvement works like this:

Health care: keep the gov. out, it has no business.

Abortion: Oh hell to the no! Government better do something to stop that.
you got it. they conveniently forget all about separation of church and state. somebody in another thread just said the dems wouldn't vote for a republican if it was jesus christ running. that's funny. he was liberal clear to the bone.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
It's because both of these groups tend to be very religious as a whole. This doesn't mean that either group is socially conservative overall.
Actually I think they are socially conservative they just don't vote based upon that (though the younger voters of these groups probably skew differently).

Old 08-02-2012, 08:16 PM

502 posts, read 717,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
How can you see this as good news OP? States need a 2 party system to thrive. The more CA becomes a lop-sided Democratic state, the more we're going to see jobs/companies leaving CA because of the Democrats over-reaching, failed economic policies. This decline in the business sector will continue to create and increasing gap between haves and have-nots, which is already pretty pronounced in places like L.A. Apple is moving to Texas, Boeing is moving to South Carolina, pretty soon these other regions will be flying ahead of California as the socio-economic engines of America and the world. Beaches and Mountains aside, what will that leave CA with? We need a healthy, fiscally disciplined California Republican Party to keep this state competitive and keep the Democrats from sinking it into the ocean.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:26 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
pretty soon these other regions will be flying ahead of California as the socio-economic engines of America and the world.
I get so confused, why is this a problem?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Apple is moving to Texas,
apple is not relocating to texas. they may be expanding.

Apple's Texas move 'in peril' after attorney calls contract 'rigged' | Apple - CNET News
The company initially had plans to invest $304 million in Austin, Texas, but now the county isn't sure it wants to offer Apple incentives to come to the city.

not sure where you're getting this info on boeing either. the latest news i'm seeing is from a year ago.

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/c...nt?oid=3461150

Last week, South Carolina's top politicians gathered together to celebrate the official opening of Boeing's Dreamliner plant in North Charleston. But this week, the U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform will conduct hearings in the city on a lawsuit filed by the National Labor Relations Board against the airline manufacturer. At issue is whether Boeing illegally retaliated against its unionized workforce in Washington state by building a second Dreamliner plant in North Charleston, a move that will create an estimated 3,800 new jobs in South Carolina.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,485 times
I find it funny that posters that I never see on this forum and/or have under 100 posts flock to this thread. Many are jealous plain and simple. They only come around to bash the state. People still live here. People still have to eat, get gas, go shipping, etc so not EVERY business is leaving. Get real.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Actually I think they are socially conservative they just don't vote based upon that (though the younger voters of these groups probably skew differently).
I cannot totally speak for Hispanics. I am black and I will still say no on that.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
I find it funny that posters that I never see on this forum and/or have under 100 posts flock to this thread. Many are jealous plain and simple. They only come around to bash the state. People still live here. People still have to eat, get gas, go shipping, etc so not EVERY business is leaving. Get real.
See what they do is, find those businesses that are leaving. Find out why and if their reasons fit into their ideology. If it does, gather as many of those examples as you can and repeat them stridently and frequently in the hopes that you will scare those who may be unsure.

See the conservative machine works on fear. Fear of immigrants, fear of foreigners, fear of other nations, fear of your own nation if it's not conservative. Fear of one another if need be.

The proof is in every single thread our conservative members post in. Everything is doom and gloom with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California