Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,901,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
All I can say to you is get a life!

His post was right on and without bigotry

Man you love trying to stir drama based on either your lack of comprehension or just your desire to create drama or both
Yes. I should get a life. Compared to yours perhaps? Now, some folks reading my background might think I had plenty of life.

His post was spot off ... as my list accurately shows.

His bigotry lies in numerous posts on numerous threads, including this one, where he frets over the loss of "white European ancestry" California residents, and their being replaced by people of other nations and colors. It is quite plain to any intelligent observer. And offensive.

As for drama and comprehension? You are the one repeatedly attacking me and others in threads for the past few months. In fact another poster just remarked on it separately today to you ... to which you also responded quite defensively. You appear to be a very angry person suffering perhaps a lack of confidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 10:12 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,450,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Yes. I should get a life. Compared to yours perhaps? Now, some folks reading my background might think I had plenty of life.

His post was spot off ... as my list accurately shows.

His bigotry lies in numerous posts on numerous threads, including this one, where he frets over the loss of white European California residents, and their being replaced by people of other nations and colors. It is quite plain to any intelligent observer. And offensive.
Yep sounds like you have such a great life. Bitter bitter bitter broken soul is what you sound like. I have never read any kind peaceful words that you have put on this forum. That right there says it all.

Gone on with your happy self and just keep on smiling!
Keep On Smiling - Wet Willie - 1974 - YouTube

Old 08-21-2012, 10:16 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Adjusting the average income in Cupertino California of $44,480 to an equal income for buying power in Austin Texas of $21,485 one only has to have a job paying $10.52 cents per hour to have equal standard of living as average wage in California. At your $15 figure, that is an income of $31,200 which is nearly 50% more than needed to match the average income in Cupertino or equal to an income of $64,592 in Cupertino (my old stomping grounds). The question to you, do you know how many high tech companies are setting up in Texas, and moving from California. They are moving here for the reasons I mentioned in post #44. The same reasons they are leaving or not setting up in California.

My daughter bailed out of California 5 years ago, in IT leadership position at $125,000 paid here in Montana the same as she could make in San Jose area where she grew up. To equal her income there, they would have to pay her $300,000 to adjust for cost of living. Her home alone says a lot. It is across the street from the highest priced area in town with her lane across the road from the city limits. She has 5 acres fully developed horse farm with great pasture, and barn set up for two horses. Her home is a 3,700 sq ft 4 level contemporary custom built home. Here it cost her $300,000 when prices were dropping in California having sold her home in California just as the bubble was starting to burst. A comparable home in Silicon Valley area is $1,500,000 to $2,000,000 depending on location, and her home has never gone down one penny and in fact has increased in value at least $50,000. Here her home is free and clear of loans, and would have a terrible high mortgage in California. As a 30 year commercial real estate broker before retirement I can say this as a fact. She averages 3 calls per week from head hunters trying to lure her back to California, Chicago, New York, etc., and she just laughs at them. Will never happen.
you repeat yourself a LOT.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:26 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
......My daughter bailed out of California 5 years ago, in IT leadership position at $125,000 paid here in Montana the same as she could make in San Jose area where she grew up......
Why don't we all mosey on over to the Montana forum and find out how many members are gettin' all those high-tech leadership positions? I didn't read much about that when I took a gander there a few months ago ...... seemed like folks were glad when they could nail down a minimum wage job within commuting distance.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Yep sounds like you have such a great life. Bitter bitter bitter broken soul is what you sound like. I have never read any kind peaceful words that you have put on this forum. That right there says it all.

Gone on with your happy self and just keep on smiling!
Really? I am surprised to read this. After all, you sent me a "friendship" request last year (which I accepted!) with some very nice comments ... which comments included how much you enjoyed the "playfulness" of my posts. You also sent me several DM's in which we exchanged pleasantries that included your appreciation of a number of my posts for being quite fun and positive. I have received many such comments from others as I often post about the joys of living a simple, healthy life of charitable commitment. So now I worry about your memory -- but then again, you say you are older than I had guessed.

By the way, the video ... cute that you are posting such ... just like your buddy ytg used to do with his infantile graphics

Old 08-21-2012, 10:37 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Really? I am surprised to read this. After all, you sent me a "friendship" request last year (which I accepted!) with some very nice comments ... which comments included how much you enjoyed the "playfulness" of my posts. You also sent me several DM's in which we exchanged pleasantries that included your appreciation of a number of my posts for being quite fun and positive. I have received many such comments from others as I often post about the joys of living a simple, healthy life of charitable commitment. So now I worry about your memory -- but then again, you say you are older than I had guessed.
I think you have a bad memory. Never did I send you several DM's. Only once which I asked you to be kinder to the others on the forum.

Yep I am way older than 30! I am flattered but hey no one believes that I am my age...must be all that good living that I have done in my life time!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
I think you have a bad memory. Never did I send you several DM's. Only once which I asked you to be kinder to the others on the forum.

Yep I am way older than 30! I am flattered but hey no one believes that I am my age...must be all that good living that I have done in my life time!
Oh yes ... you sent me the invitation to be your "friend" ... and you sent me several DM's besides the one you mention after I had been harsh to your buddy ... and the others were quite nice and chatty ... I now wish I had saved them to show you how we used to get on so well before you got all upset. In fact, I recall one in particular where you were venting to me about another poster being so infuriating for you to endure. Tch. I suppose it was a portent of our own future.

As for you being flattered ... I have no idea what you look like, of course ... I based my guess on the seeming lack of experience and lack of depth in your writings.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:02 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Why don't we all mosey on over to the Montana forum and find out how many members are gettin' all those high-tech leadership positions? I didn't read much about that when I took a gander there a few months ago ...... seemed like folks were glad when they could nail down a minimum wage job within commuting distance.
i'll have to pass. whatever happens in montana can stay there. TEXAS too!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Oh yes ... you sent me the invitation to be your "friend" ... and you sent me several DM's besides the one you mention after I had been harsh to your buddy ... and the others were quite nice and chatty ... I now wish I had saved them to show you how we used to get on so well before you got all upset. In fact, I recall one in particular where you were venting to me about another poster being so infuriating for you to endure. Tch. I suppose it was a portent of our own future.

As for you being flattered ... I have no idea what you look like, of course ... I based my guess on the seeming lack of experience and lack of depth in your writings.
bitter bitter loss of memory old man o man...

Nope not my buddy was I protecting. It was a poster who was just speaking their mind and then you lashed out on them with your vicious foaming at the mouth insults.

I never had to protect my buddy as he did quite a good job of that himself. He did it better than I could do it for him. Clueless and bitter...that is a sad way to go through life.

Get a clue and sing a happy song

Old 08-21-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
bitter bitter loss of memory old man o man...

Nope not my buddy was I protecting. It was a poster who was just speaking their mind and then you lashed out on them with your vicious foaming at the mouth insults.

I never had to protect my buddy as he did quite a good job of that himself. He did it better than I could do it for him. Clueless and bitter...that is a sad way to go through life.

Get a clue and sing a happy song
No. No loss of memory here at all. Convenient lapse for you.
You buddy did a lousy job of defending himself. He was a laughing stock on this forum. Including in the thread in which you fell out of sorts with me. You and he together ranted on and on about things that weren't even topical. I was not the only one to point it out. In fact there were several others who made note. And you both were entirely corrected ... and ytg suddenly had no more responses when I and others pointed out the fallacies of his ramblings.

Yes, clueless and bitter is a sad way to go through life.
I'd suggest you re-read my posts -- and then yours in the past half year -- but you only see what you want to see, of course.The other poster earlier today was on to something when he asked you what had changed you so much to your current negativity and anger.

Now, back to topic?
No. You will need the last word and insult ... so, be my guest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California