Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

Here in the inland area, by the time the 7th or 8th month appears with hot temps and not a drop of rain, one finds oneself ready for a change. But not the change indicated in your Winter picture. Nope, not that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 03:14 PM

389 posts, read 916,989 times
I am with Curmudgeon -- yes, I do get tired of the similar weather patterns. I am from the midwest, so maybe I am a midwest girl at heart and always will be. I like to say that time stands still here in SoCal. I easily lose track of what season we are in as there are not as many signs (sights, smells, etc.) that the rest of the country may experience.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,703,091 times
No, the combination of a moderately warm temps year round along with micro climates always within driving distance gives us more than enough to enjoy. We lived in CO for a while and are so glad to be back to the west coast now. No more hiberating during snow season. Instead our Winter looks like this:

If you miss the snow go visit. Then drive back when you're done:

Or a little Fall color:

Next question.

Derek

Old 03-08-2013, 03:19 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
The usual response to that would be, "Do you get sick of sex?", or "Do you sick of money?"

But for you, we can ask, "Do you get sick of beer?"
Love your humor

Old 03-08-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Guess I'll be the contrarian. Even thought I was mostly raised in a SoCal beach town I also lived a number of other places and over time I actually became tired of what I considered to be redundant weather. For that reason, among others, we left California in retirement and settled somewhere there are four distinct seasons, none of which I'd consider harsh, especially not when compared to other places I've lived with real extremes.
I'm with you there. SoCal weather is extremely boring and never ending most of the time. Funny because I remember hearing others who came from back east talk about how they miss the variety after a year of SoCal weather.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Heck no!

Here in the SF Bay Area, we do notice a change in seasons to some degree. The days are noticeably shorter in winter. And if you live in inland parts of the Bay Area (I'm in San Jose), summers are noticeably warmer (low to mid 80s during the day) than winter (mid to high 50s on most winter days)...so we do have some seasonal contrast.

Overall I love the climate here, and I actually wish the winters were a bit sunnier and about 5 degrees warmer...but it's good enough.

The thing that wears on me about CA is not the weather, but the high cost of living here, especially housing. I suspect that's true for most people.
Pretty much. Here in the Bay Area perhaps sees the great degree of microclimates with as much as a 40 degree temperature difference between the coast and inland areas. A distance of only 30 miles or so.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:29 PM

541 posts, read 912,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
We desert rats are particularly wimpy. It's 61 and partly cloudy/sprinkly today. We're FREEZING! My brother left the desert for Connecticut 14 years ago, and he's been sick of snow for about 10, He's bringing the family back as soon as he finds work here. My family is leaving as soon as my husband finds work elsewhere. We're not sick of the nice weather, but we are sick of 120 in the summer.

Im not looking for 120 here.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:30 PM

541 posts, read 912,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Pretty much. Here in the Bay Area perhaps sees the great degree of microclimates with as much as a 40 degree temperature difference between the coast and inland areas. A distance of only 30 miles or so.

I noticed that myself.

We drove from SF to the Muir Woods last August and the temp went up ~25 degrees.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:37 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
We desert rats are particularly wimpy. It's 61 and partly cloudy/sprinkly today. We're FREEZING! My brother left the desert for Connecticut 14 years ago, and he's been sick of snow for about 10, He's bringing the family back as soon as he finds work here. My family is leaving as soon as my husband finds work elsewhere. We're not sick of the nice weather, but we are sick of 120 in the summer.
It sounds like the coast is where you want to be.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:39 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
I don't think weather has been that great for the past several months really.

It feels like it's been a pretty cold winter in LA actually...

I know it's not as bad as the east coast and other regions...but for the prices they charge here

It should be perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California