Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:22 PM

75 posts, read 105,307 times

Advertisements

I do like the "that's a stupid law" angle for not obeying laws though. Think it would hold up in court?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 PM

19 posts, read 19,771 times
Quote:
Example of stupid federal orders. A former brother in law of mine, was on the city council of China Lake Ca. a few years ago. They received an order from the EPA in Washington, to develop a plan for cleaning up the water in the lake. Finally the government sent out an inspector to investigate them when they kept just ignoring the orders. He told them, they could not ignore a federal order to develop a water clean up plan.
This probably did not happen since
Quote:
China Lake is an unincorporated community in Kern County, California. It is located 2.5 miles (4 km) north-northeast of Ridgecrest, at an elevation of 2264 feet

Old 05-14-2013, 09:43 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
Quote:
And why oh why, oldtrader, do you insist that we all believe your story about a doctor ordering you to leave CA due to killer toxic smog? Nobody believes it for one bit. If it is true it maybe because of bad genes or irresponsible lifestyle such as smoking. But seriously, stop pushing that story.

PS: Nobody believes that you're originally from California either. Neither do we believe that you've actually stepped foot in the state.
The story is true, and one was a 10 year old boy and other his mother (my wife). Not bad Genes. But two of many people that cannot live in smog. You apparently do not understand the effects of smog.

Smog - Who does it hurt?

Study links smog exposure to premature death - NYTimes.com

24,000 people die each year in California caused by smog

Calif. Smog Kills 24K Each Year - Pollution deaths three times higher than earlier estimates

Quote:
In California, the potential health threat from smog is greater than in the remaining 49 states combined. Some estimate that one person in five is extremely susceptible to severe health damage.
Read the whole article:

VCAPCD - Health Effects

You are more apt to die from smog, than high cholesterol.

Air pollution now kills more people than high cholesterol

Smog kills more people in U.S. than heart attacks. Smog kills more people in U.S. than auto accidents.

Google

And yes, we moved from California rather than have my family add to those statistics. I have known quite a few people, that left for the same reason. I have also known people that would not leave not believing the smog would kill them.
They have gone their final resting place, a long time before they would have if they had left California.

When you say, If it is true it maybe because of bad genes or irresponsible lifestyle such as smoking. , you are really showing how little you know about how dangerous to many peoples health smog can be. My son was 10 years old, and healthy as can be, until he started to be effected by smog. Not bad genes, no smoking or other unhealthy lifestyle.

Just think, of all the people effected by smog and facing pre-mature death, more than half of them are all living in the populated areas of California. A lot of that can be contributed to the warm and hot weather and all the sun you see in California, as Sun and Heat, are what converts polluted air to smog.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:47 PM

19 posts, read 19,771 times
Now this is funny, he posted all that stuff and completely ignored the post where I showed he made up the story about the City Council of China Lake, CA.

OT, seriously, maybe the internet is not where you should be spending your time.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 PM

444 posts, read 665,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
The story is true, and one was a 10 year old boy and other his mother (my wife). Not bad Genes. But two of many people that cannot live in smog. You apparently do not understand the effects of smog.

Smog - Who does it hurt?

Study links smog exposure to premature death - NYTimes.com

24,000 people die each year in California caused by smog

Calif. Smog Kills 24K Each Year - Pollution deaths three times higher than earlier estimates

Read the whole article:

VCAPCD - Health Effects

You are more apt to die from smog, than high cholesterol.

Air pollution now kills more people than high cholesterol

Smog kills more people in U.S. than heart attacks. Smog kills more people in U.S. than auto accidents.

Google

And yes, we moved from California rather than have my family add to those statistics. I have known quite a few people, that left for the same reason. I have also known people that would not leave not believing the smog would kill them.
They have gone their final resting place, a long time before they would have if they had left California.

When you say, If it is true it maybe because of bad genes or irresponsible lifestyle such as smoking. , you are really showing how little you know about how dangerous to many peoples health smog can be. My son was 10 years old, and healthy as can be, until he started to be effected by smog. Not bad genes, no smoking or other unhealthy lifestyle.

Just think, of all the people effected by smog and facing pre-mature death, more than half of them are all living in the populated areas of California. A lot of that can be contributed to the warm and hot weather and all the sun you see in California, as Sun and Heat, are what converts polluted air to smog.
Blah blah blah blah blah.

Bottom line, life expectancy in years by state: CA ranks 3rd highest in the nation @ 80.4 yrs.

Montana? 27th.

So this killer toxic air you speak of doesn't seem to be killing us off as you think. Can you explain to me what's bogging down MT's life expectancy? Killer boredom?

Old 05-14-2013, 11:06 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
you are really showing how little you know about how dangerous to many peoples health smog can be. .
No, OT, what we really don't know is how any of this relates to the thread topic ...

Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post
Blah blah blah blah blah.

Bottom line, life expectancy in years by state: CA ranks 3rd highest in the nation @ 80.4 yrs.

Montana? 27th.

So this killer toxic air you speak of doesn't seem to be killing us off as you think. Can you explain to me what's bogging down MT's life expectancy? Killer boredom?
Wow an entire 2 years longer in CA

Montana according to your link @ 78.4

But to get back on topic this high unemployment in CA is really getting old.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post

But to get back on topic this high unemployment in CA is really getting old.
Are you employed? If so, how is other people's unemployment affecting you?

Old 05-14-2013, 11:21 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Are you employed? If so, how is other people's unemployment affecting you?
Has nothing to do with the topic.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Has nothing to do with the topic.
Sure it does. This topic is about California unemployment. You said it is "getting old". I asked if you were one of the employed. I asked you how it affects you. I am wondering how unemployment in California affects TVC who says it's getting old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California