Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennoshine View Post
Righteous. You don't happen to have any waves by those sands do ya? Gotta wax the board and hit some surf. Hang 10 bro.
haha! Waves? I wish! Gotta go to Cali for waves. And for real trees, aside from these scrubby desert junipers. They call it a national forest around here, but there are no trees taller than 5 or 6'. That's pathetic. Someone invites you to go hiking in the "forest", and you're just walking among shrubbery. Too weird.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 AM

211 posts, read 333,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
But much less so than the liberal Northeast. And that blue area seems centered around the liberal counties of Nevada and El Dorado.

Nice to see that the Bible Belt of the West Coast practices what they preach.
Except that those counties went for Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
idk, except there's an Indian reservation near there, in Susanville. That's Lassen Co., though.
Like Los Angeles is near Deathvalley......... look at a map.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,822,244 times
Also, the data are limited to those who "tweet'. A lot of people don't tweet. There might be a demographic bias there. Younger? Tech Savy?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 AM

21,760 posts, read 16,386,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Also, the data are limited to those who "tweet'. A lot of people don't tweet. There might be a demographic bias there. Younger? Tech Savy?
Goofy?

Old 05-23-2013, 10:28 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,973,193 times
I can't imagine myself ever engaging in anything that's referred to as "tweeting."

Old 05-23-2013, 05:41 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,854,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
haha! Waves? I wish! Gotta go to Cali for waves. And for real trees, aside from these scrubby desert junipers. They call it a national forest around here, but there are no trees taller than 5 or 6'. That's pathetic. Someone invites you to go hiking in the "forest", and you're just walking among shrubbery. Too weird.
Weird? Nothing weird going on...

Old 05-23-2013, 08:01 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierravillian View Post
Except that those counties went for Romney

Like Los Angeles is near Deathvalley......... look at a map.
You're not the only one who looks at maps, shocking as that may be to you. There are other Native communities in that area, though. I guess you didn't look at the relevant map yourself.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 PM

767 posts, read 1,744,965 times
Is this thread yet another expression of our smug self-satisfied supposed moral superiority over those shown on the OP's map?

Are we morally superior?

Riddle yourselves this- is CA's fastest-growing demography a tolerant one?

Does that demography hold liberal values of tolerance and celebration of diversity?

Has this very demography shown tolerance to African Americans?

Does it teach its children to accept and respect "gringos?"

I'd say "don't fool yourselves" but such words would go in vain.

As an aside, I think it would be interesting to see how often racial slurs are used by CA's fastest-growing demography. Sadly, even if that demography used racial slurs, we would sympathize with them and defend them- yet another revelation of how deluded we are.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:26 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,854,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
Is this thread yet another expression of our smug self-satisfied supposed moral superiority over those shown on the OP's map?

Are we morally superior?

Riddle yourselves this- is CA's fastest-growing demography a tolerant one?

Does that demography hold liberal values of tolerance and celebration of diversity?

Has this very demography shown tolerance to African Americans?

Does it teach its children to accept and respect "gringos?"

I'd say "don't fool yourselves" but such words would go in vain.

As an aside, I think it would be interesting to see how often racial slurs are used by CA's fastest-growing demography. Sadly, even if that demography used racial slurs, we would sympathize with them and defend them- yet another revelation of how deluded we are.
Just can't stop the Latino-hate train, si?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,488,847 times
Why does it seem that hating is something only "whites" do and not everybody else, at least according to modern definitions?

Are not all groups equally capable of hate toward whomever?

If a "black" person yells a slur or assaults someone for being something or other, is it not as equally detestable as if a "white" person were to do the same? Or a Latino? Or an Asian?

And why should it be surprising that there would be hate on the Indian Reservations? I'm sure the hate moves in more than one direction between numbers of different groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California