Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:44 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saranshay View Post
I don't get why people have to be so rude in their responses? If you are not here to help, why answer people's quesions. There are less expensive places in california. yes the majority of people know it is an expensive state. But simple ya might try this area seems more appropriate. If it irritates you that people ask this all the time. Try not answering.
There are SO many rude responses in the California threads then a lot of others. If this is the kind of people that live in this state....I don't wanna move here!
Maybe its because most people do ZERO research before making a thread and then say something absurd like "I want a house by the beach, in a safe neighborhood, near great schools with plenty of jobs for $800 a month. Oh, and I don't want to commute more than 15 minutes" What? No places like that in CA?! I pay the same price for that (insert some random city no one cares about) here! They want everyone here to look and do their homework for them. We all have the internet, a search of home and apartment rental prices is a few clicks away....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 01:03 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saranshay View Post
I don't get why people have to be so rude in their responses? If you are not here to help, why answer people's quesions. There are less expensive places in california. yes the majority of people know it is an expensive state. But simple ya might try this area seems more appropriate. If it irritates you that people ask this all the time. Try not answering.
There are SO many rude responses in the California threads then a lot of others. If this is the kind of people that live in this state....I don't wanna move here!
They do it because they are miserable people in real life, too. They can spread their negativity all over the web without ever having to answer for the comments they make.

Sometimes you'll find people that are willing to help with your questions but, overall, humans are just mean now and you'll find more than your fair share of them around these threads. Stick around long enough and read ... read ... read. You'll soon discover the ones I'm referring to.

Try not to let the people here dissuade you from moving to California. Not everyone who lives in California is as nasty as some you'll find around here.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:28 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Maybe its because most people do ZERO research before making a thread and then say something absurd like "I want a house by the beach, in a safe neighborhood, near great schools with plenty of jobs for $800 a month. Oh, and I don't want to commute more than 15 minutes" What? No places like that in CA?! I pay the same price for that (insert some random city no one cares about) here! They want everyone here to look and do their homework for them. We all have the internet, a search of home and apartment rental prices is a few clicks away....
It also doesn't help when one or two rarely heard-from members join in to say that there are places like that all over the state (OK, maybe minus the beach), and that the rest of us are just negative Nancys. But then they fail to provide any examples.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:46 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
People want to hear from other people, and learn about their experiences, not just look up statistics. I thought that a forum was supposed to be discussion, sharing personal experiences, and that statements did not have to always be backed by scientific evidence, lol! However, people sure like to rip you a new one here.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:28 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Maybe its because most people do ZERO research before making a thread and then say something absurd ...

We all have the internet, a search ... is a few clicks away....
Yes. And this goes for everything mbell. You should take your own advice.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:54 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes. And this goes for everything mbell. You should take your own advice.
You post twice as much as I do. Nearly 5 posts a day, do you live here? As the old saying goes, a broken clock is right twice a day...

Old 01-14-2015, 05:05 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
You post twice as much as I do. Nearly 5 posts a day, do you live here? As the old saying goes, a broken clock is right twice a day...
What does posting frequency have to do with posting truth? Answer: Nothing.

Do I live where, mbell? I live in the Bay.
Two places: the Marina district in the City. And out in the Delta. Depending on my moods.

And what does a broken clock have to do with you not looking things up before you post?

Old 01-15-2015, 02:53 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
So, OP asked about Long Beach.
I would say, not what you are looking for...
I lived in Long Beach from 1986 to 1989. I had a TINY in law unit and paid $375 back then, you can do the cost increase math I am sure.
There was a crack house on the corner, shots fired from the balcony of the apartments next door.
The beach is dirty. I know someone said its nice, but I wonder if they ever went out there in the middle of the night when all the garbage is there, before the workers come and clean it all up.
Now, it has been over 20 years since I was there, so perhaps what ever practice that there was that caused all the garbage has since been resolved.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:08 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
It seems I have to remind some of you that if you can't actually help the op or contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way, you don't have to post. You know,all the snark and mockery, no one will miss it if you keep it to yourself. Try it.
Now back on topic folks. Please.
Yac.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:06 PM

345 posts, read 1,016,018 times
Default Nastiness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Mission accomplished. One prospective newcomer at a time.

Or, you can laugh and recognize this is what forums of most kinds all over the internet are like. Welcome to the cyber age. Do you really think human nature varies so much from California to other places? Large communities of humans aren't generally nice to each other. Never have been. Even before Internet forums.

In between the grousings, however, an alert individual will find both sustenance and pearls nevertheless.
There's NO REASON to go out of your way to be rude and nasty to another human being. This is an excuse: "Large communities of humans aren't generally nice to each. Never have been. Even before Internet forums."

Why not be the exception to the rule you quote??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California