Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 11:57 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't think In-N-Out is bad, but I don't get the hype. It's a regular fast food burger with mediocre fries.

Umami, the Habit, Shake Shack, even Five Guys are all much better.
I paid $15 for a regular burger (not double), fries, and shake at shake shack when I was visiting the east coast a month ago.

I could have gotten the same thing at In-N-Out for $7 or $8. No way is shake shack worth double the price and I don't like all the cheese sauce or whatever the hell it was that they smothered the burger in

Old 06-10-2015, 11:58 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
If you don't like it, don't go there. In-N-Out isn't the best but it's not also the worst either. I'm on the East Coast now and wish I could have an In-N-Out burger. I've been to 5 Guys. It's nothing special. What burger place doesn't have milkshakes? Most of the time I go between Hardees/Carl's Jr and Wendy's with an occasional visit to McDonalds. Burgers at Hardees taste fresh because the veggies are fresh and not wilted. Not sure how they treat their meat though.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:59 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Yes, not to mention they have great customer service and treat their employees well. In-N-Out is the highest paying fast food restaurant in the U.S., I believe, and managers can make up to $100,000 a year. I had a friend who was thinking of applying to the In-N-Out in Brentwood, and she said the application stated that location STARTED employees on $13/hr.

I admire the fact In-N-Out doesn't franchise and keeps their menu simple, unlike the majority of other fast food chains.
Yeah not surprising . I'm sure they earn that 100k too. The employees are always hustling at every IN N OUT. All day , everyday pretty much.

If they did franchise it's likely the quality would go down.

Bigger isn't always better.

The big chains have more locations, so they should be able to offer lower prices to customers because they have more locations buy in bigger bulk,etc. , but they don't . If you compare the price of combo meals at IN N OUT to the big franchised chains this isn't the case.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:00 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
I paid $15 for a regular burger (not double), fries, and shake at shake shack when I was visiting the east coast a month ago.

I could have gotten the same thing at In-N-Out for $7 or $8. No way is shake shack worth double the price and I don't like all the cheese sauce or whatever the hell it was that they smothered the burger in
Well, yeah, Shake Shack is more expensive. So are Umami, Habit, and even Five Guys. But they taste better.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
If you don't like it, don't go there. In-N-Out isn't the best but it's not also the worst either. I'm on the East Coast now and wish I could have an In-N-Out burger. I've been to 5 Guys. It's nothing special. What burger place doesn't have milkshakes? Most of the time I go between Hardees/Carl's Jr and Wendy's with an occasional visit to McDonalds. Burgers at Hardees taste fresh because the veggies are fresh and not wilted. Not sure how they treat their meat though.
Also Five Guys doesn't have Drive Thru...at least I don't think most of the locations do.
I'm pretty sure all IN N OUT have drive through or at least most of them.

Apparently they won't open in DTLA because they can't put a drive through there.
According to this article at least .
In-N-Out Burger: "We're Not Coming to Downtown LA without a (Suburban) Drive-Thru Location" | DTLA RISING

Old 06-10-2015, 12:06 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Well, yeah, Shake Shack is more expensive. So are Umami, Habit, and even Five Guys. But they taste better.
That could be why they taste better.

As long as you like the taste of it, you get great value at In-N-Out. For $7 you can get better, higher quality "burger joint" food than you can for $7 at pretty much any other fast food restaurant of any kind.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:21 PM

Taste is subjective though . I'm sure there are still a lot of people that would still prefer an IN N OUT burger despite the cost.

I had posted a link earlier in this thread about celebrity chefs that love IN N OUT for example.
These people can afford to eat anywhere, they make millions a year .
Gordon Ramsey,etc.

So I think the idea that the only people that go to IN N OUT are the ones that can't afford more expensive burgers is false.

"Taste Better " is an opinion.

Here is some more proof that famous rich chefs love IN N OUT ..again these are people that can afford to eat anything.

Thomas Keller Loves In N Out - Thomas Keller Food Cravings
Watch Anthony Bourdain Extol the Virtues of In-N-Out Burger - Eater
Famous Chef Digs In-N-Out | Serious Eats

Sorry , OP , but I will take the opinion of these super successful top chefs versus yours...But I guess all of them have 'failed restaurant 101 " in your book....

Old 06-10-2015, 12:27 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

mind = blown people eat there.

the burger and fries are 100% flavorless. there are so many better options for food.

for starters, fat burger and 5 guys > the universe > In-N-Out. dead serious.

i've eaten at in n out a few times just so i could give it another try but no. just no. if you like that place u probably failed restaurant knowledge 101.

how can that place be packed? the only thing i can think of is the fact that it's cheap so people of "limited means" enjoy going there.

here's another example. the Clubhouse burger from McDonalds > anything from in n out.
I'm not really a fan of 5 Guys, reminds me of a burger you fry up in a pan in your own kitchen.

Would rather have In-n-out, tastes fresher than 5 Guys IMO.

The burger I really like is from "The Counter" where you can pick your own gourmet toppings and select the type of burger you want.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:44 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,861,352 times
I love In and Out because everything tastes really fresh and they put a ton of veggies on the burger. If you are the kind of person that prefers LOTS OF BEEF then yeah, In and Out is probably not for you. Their fries are fine for me, I don't love them or hate them (not big on fries in general) but animal style fries really does take it to the next level.

What I don't understand is the people who love those bacon/beef/sauce/nothing else burgers that Jack n the Box schlocks (and I love me some of Jack n the Crack's other burgers).

Old 06-10-2015, 12:44 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'm not really a fan of 5 Guys, reminds me of a burger you fry up in a pan in your own kitchen.

Would rather have In-n-out, tastes fresher than 5 Guys IMO.

The burger I really like is from "The Counter" where you can pick your own gourmet toppings and select the type of burger you want.
I think Five Guys tends to taste more like what people expect from a (relatively) fast food burger. It's greasier, larger and more "soft" I guess. It seems like some people perceive In-N-Out's freshness as being bland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California