Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 02:28 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,173,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
The easiest way to make an enemy with a Californian is to say anything bad about California or anything Californian.

I agree with you, I had In n Out in LA when I was there (it's not as common in Northern California where I partially grew up) and thought the burgers were tasteless and small and the fries tasted like cardboard.
I personally am not going to be offended if you say something bad about california as long as you backup your statement. The whole tl:dr of op's post was that in n out was tasteless, tasteless compared to what? what did he expect it to taste like? You at least said the burgers were small and the fries taste like cardboard.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:45 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,504,434 times
The fries at IN N OUT are far from the best...but at least they are served hot..
McDonald's fries used to be good back in the day...but everytime I get them now they are barely warm. Same from lot's of other fast food chains. I'm not talking about getting the food and then driving it home...but like right after the food is handed to you.

Standards at the other chains have fallen very far.

They are probably being served better quality food in China than in Los Angeles.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:47 PM

117 posts, read 150,089 times
How about a more even-tempered hamburger and French fry eater giving you the lowdown - In-N Out used to be very good. The first time I had one was back in 1980/81. The hamburger used to be very juicy and a lot thicker. The French fries also had a better taste. I think simple economics have changed the quality of the In-N-Out burger. I believe that the amount of expanding they've been doing the last twenty years has taken it's toll on the quality.

In other words; they've had to cut corners to keep prices down and have had to change ingredients because of CA state health laws.

There are a lot of mom and pop burger stands that make better hamburgers and French fries than most restaurants. In-N-Out has consistent quality but is now just a so-so burger, but it's still a lot better than McDonalds.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:00 PM

117 posts, read 150,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

mind = blown people eat there.

the burger and fries are 100% flavorless. there are so many better options for food.

for starters, fat burger and 5 guys > the universe > In-N-Out. dead serious.

i've eaten at in n out a few times just so i could give it another try but no. just no. if you like that place u probably failed restaurant knowledge 101.

how can that place be packed? the only thing i can think of is the fact that it's cheap so people of "limited means" enjoy going there.

here's another example. the Clubhouse burger from McDonalds > anything from in n out.

In-N-Out has been around a long time, but it's only the last 10 years or so that people from all over the country have been hearing about it, including people in other states begging to have one in their state.

Why is this you ask? Ever since celebrity TV shows, magazines, and celebrity gossip sites started showing LA celebrities eating there or walking around with a recognizable cup people have been screaming for them.

It all has to do with celebrity worship.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:53 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,988,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The fries at IN N OUT are far from the best...but at least they are served hot..
McDonald's fries used to be good back in the day...but everytime I get them now they are barely warm. Same from lot's of other fast food chains. I'm not talking about getting the food and then driving it home...but like right after the food is handed to you.

Standards at the other chains have fallen very far.

They are probably being served better quality food in China than in Los Angeles.
That's why I go to In-N-Out for a burger and then stop at Jack in the Box for some curly fries. The combo is epic.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:58 PM

761 posts, read 834,250 times
In one end n out the other!

Old 06-12-2015, 05:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,140,905 times
Its old hat for Californians now, but it is by far the best buy in fast food. Great prices, great ingredients, consistely ranked tops in fast food. In N Out has it all. Dont compare it to any single location gourmet burger crapatoria, were talking fast food here! And their burgers actually look like the picture. The fries are fresh cut and you can adjust the fry time if you like them softer or more crisp.
btw 5 guys is overpriced junk.

Last edited by slo1318; 06-12-2015 at 05:47 PM..

Old 06-12-2015, 05:07 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,763,867 times
I am completely unimpressed with In-N-Out burgers and fries. Give me a Steak N Shake steakburger with fries and a side order of chili anytime.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:26 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,140,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I am completely unimpressed with In-N-Out burgers and fries. Give me a Steak N Shake steakburger with fries and a side order of chili anytime.

Been to Steak n Shake, its the absolute worst! No idea why anyone goes to that place. Theyre not that popular either, went to the ones in Ft Worth a couple times and it was dead. Now In n out in Ft worth is always packed...

Old 06-12-2015, 05:44 PM

696 posts, read 1,172,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
I would much prefer some good hot and fresh In & Out with my lady versus having 5 Guys in my mouth.
I sure hope you wouldn't want to have Five Guys all in your mouth lol

IMO In N Out is hyped because it's California brand anything with California branded across it sells despite quality.

In N Out is basically the California version of McDonalds it's sell based off of hype and location alone.

When you buy In N out you are buying into "California", if it wasn't made in CA nobody would care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California