Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 11:21 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nah, just a typical graduate of a CA school.
I didn't ask what school he graduated from (of?).

I asked how many years it took him to graduate.

OK, so, according to your and my estimation, it took him 3 years to graduated from a sub-par California school.

I'll take that.

Looks like we found Common Ground! . . . A La California Left-Wing Liberal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 08:58 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
I'm the OP, I was a goof off in school, not a good student. I'm retired now, I was a machinist and never typed or wrote anything at all until I got a computer 9 years ago. Now I wish I had paid attention in school years ago.
Don't tell me to go to school now, its just not enough of a intrest of mine and spell check dosn't work on my Chromebook.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:25 AM

335 posts, read 329,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I'm the OP, I was a goof off in school, not a good student. I'm retired now, I was a machinist and never typed or wrote anything at all until I got a computer 9 years ago. Now I wish I had paid attention in school years ago.
Don't tell me to go to school now, its just not enough of a intrest of mine and spell check dosn't work on my Chromebook.
I'm pretty sure that for most people how you spell isn't the issue. Its how you think that makes an impression.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:05 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The Exon Refinery in Torrence had a explosion last Febuary and would be back in operation if it wasen't for regulators won't allow them to use a old pollution control unit they have.
Also the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Enviromental Protection Agency, and the Chemical Safety Board are holding up allowing them to produce gasoline.
LA Times
All this is Democrat party nonsence.
Keep on voting for Democrats!
Nice try V8 but no cigar.

"The Torrance refinery currently operates at less than 20% of its capacity, said Mohsen Nazemi of the South Coast Air Quality Management District. Exxon Mobil asked the management district for approval to use an old pollution control unit it replaced in 2008 to temporarily restore full operations of the Torrance refinery, but regulators said the equipment does not capture emissions well enough."

So..who is on this evil democratic governing board of the South Coast AQMD? click on the pictures of the board members and tell me how many you think are democrats. Given their career history and the part of So. Cal they are from I would guess at least half are R's or at least non partisan conservatives.

So V8, once again you fail to prove a democratic conspiracy

Old 07-25-2015, 08:14 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ya know, if it weren't for those darn libs, you'd be able to breathe the kind of air they have in so many cities in China, where people have to wear masks daily. LA would be like Mexico City was in the 70's and 80's, where you couldn't see more than 2 blocks in front of you. Heck, maybe you should move to China, OP. No libruls to whine about, there. You'd really be in your element. They have HSR, too.
That's the truth! In the late 70's I had to transport female prisoners from Northern California to CIW in Corona. Unless they were dangerous or crazy, transport would be to Ontario Airport on a commercial plane. When they got off the plane and started choking and their eyes started watering more than one asked me if I was taking them there to die. Yeah, it was THAT bad.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:05 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,591 times
And speaking of which, I just filled my tank yesterday. Gas was $3.49, not the grossly over-exaggerated "$4.50 Or More" the title claims. And I'm sure if I drove over to Costco, it would have been even cheaper.

Seriously, if you're trying to make a point, OP, stop assuming we're all so stupid no one will check a fact.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:45 AM

21,738 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
And speaking of which, I just filled my tank yesterday. Gas was $3.49, not the grossly over-exaggerated "$4.50 Or More" the title claims. And I'm sure if I drove over to Costco, it would have been even cheaper.

Seriously, if you're trying to make a point, OP, stop assuming we're all so stupid no one will check a fact.
Or, Lori, maybe the OP isn't intellectually lithe enough to check prices around the corner, himself, and actually pays that much - and never gets the car-wash that goes with?

Old 07-25-2015, 01:44 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,280 times
Refinery explosions, boutique blends, etc....all of that bluster is all noise and distraction.

It's the economic terrorists....errr...speculators that are doing it. It isn't unique blends. It's not the Dems. And it certainly isn't supply and demand. All of those just make very convenient and difficult to DISprove scapegoats.

Make no mistake about it. The truth is that collusion....gouging.....manipulation....all of those shenanigans the public suspects takes place is in fact rife within the industry.

The caveat is....knowing it...versus PROVING it...are two separate issues. Most of these people are very well educated and therefore, highly adept at covering their tracks through private and cryptic communication.

If you have a 401(k) and any or all of it is tied to energy, you should be THRILLED that prices are going up as much as they are. Instead of whining about it, join the party and get invested.

And one other silver lining: as gas prices go up, people start curtailing their driving. $4.50 is about the breaking point. Many of them will turn to public transit, carpooling, or telecommuting which translates to a better commute for YOU.

Anyone been on the 5, 55, or 57 freeways in Orange County lately? They have become horrendous, even by SoCal standards and essentially undriveable in recent months. The 5 in particular between Irvine and Santa Ana has become beyond ridiculously oversaturated during evening commute. So as far as I'm concerned, if high gas prices forces a third-to-a-half of them off the road, that just means the rest of us get a better drive that almost approaches tolerable.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:50 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Prices have actually been going down this week, where I live. Whatever's going on in CA must be specific to CA.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:36 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,591 times
Anyone notice that the cheaper some things are, the sicker we are as Americans?

Cheap gas = less economical cars, more people driving, more carbon emissions in the air we breathe.

Cheap food = higher fat and sugar in the average diet.

Cheap healthcare (from the pension generation) = fix your problem with pills...and more pills....and more pills.

Cheap products = disposable throw-away goods that have to get dumped somewhere = garbage island in the ocean the size of Texas, kids in foreign countries playing in the e-waste we export.

I'm of the opinion that cheap isn't necessarily better. Therefore, when conservatives whine that they can't drive their 9 MPG Dodge Rams to Jack in the Box to bring home lunch so they can sit in front of their 50" TV and watch a Duck Dynasty marathon while waiting for their insulin prescription to be filled at the pharmacy, I say, "Good! We're finally doing something right!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California