Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 10:43 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
True, and I agree, BUT....understand there are whole villages in Mexico and parts of South America where people make a living solely on the making of cocaine for export to the US. Does that mean it's our fault when we choose to put the cocaine makers out of business and then those people come over here illegally because they have no other way of making a living? Are we obligated to allow cocaine to circulate through our country just because those people can't find any other kind of work?

What we know about illegal immigration from Mexico | Pew Research Center

"The number of Mexican immigrants living in the U.S. illegally has declined. In 2012, 5.9 million unauthorized immigrants from Mexico lived in the U.S., down about 1 million from 2007. Despite the drop, Mexicans still make up a slight majority (52% in 2012) of unauthorized immigrants. At the same time, unauthorized immigration overall has leveled off in recent years. As a result, net migration from Mexico likely reached zero in 2010, and since then more Mexicans have left the U.S. than have arrived."

and:

Bill Clinton: Zero net migration from Mexico since 2010 | PunditFact
How can anyone determine how many illegals are still here, how many went back to Mexico and how many are still coming? What method do they use? I am suspect when any article claims that we had high deportation numbers in 2013 by the Obama administration when that has all been debunked. Why would they leave or not continue to come with the constant promises of amnesty and Obama giving millions of them a stay of deportation along with work permits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 10:49 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
Heres another story our local, corrupt liberal media will try to cover up and not report on. He was on probation. Raped and beat a 64 year old woman to death with a hammer. Why wasn't this piece of garbage deported the first time he was arrested? Oh right, because CA is basically a sanctuary state. Pathetic and disgusting.

Illegal immigrant held in rape, murder of California woman was on probation | Fox News
That governor moonbeam fellow wants to kiss their rears...therein lies the problem.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:21 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
That governor moonbeam fellow wants to kiss their rears...therein lies the problem.
Why of course, the entire illegal immigration issue is Jerry Brown's fault, or whatever you can't blame on him you can just blame some other random democrat. Get a clue...

Old 09-16-2015, 07:42 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm sure you understand that cocaine is not made, it's grown from the Coca plant. There are very very few ordinary citizens in Mexico who profit from the horticulture or processing of illegal drugs, the cartels control it. And if throwing money at a problem helps, the trillion dollars we spent on the drug war should have eradicated drugs- unfortunately supply and demand remain the same.

I never said that we are obligated to allow undocumented people in the country because we helped destroy the Mexican agricultural economy, I said that when you take away people's way to support their family you can hardly expect them to sit at the border and beg for pennies, they will migrate to where ever they can survive- you and I would do exactly the same.

Thank you, I understand what you meant now.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:43 AM

What's an undocumented people? The title of this topic is "illegal immigrant"...... Actually, they are illegal aliens. Aside from that, how can someone make the statement that we'd all break a country's immigration laws for any reason? I certainly wouldn't and many other people wouldn't either. There is no justification for it at all. Since when is it ok to take the food out of the mouths of the rightful citizens of any country for your own gain? That's just plain selfish especially when it is done by breaking the law.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:49 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's an undocumented people? The title of this topic is "illegal immigrant"...... Actually, they are illegal aliens. Aside from that, how can someone make the statement that we'd all break a country's immigration laws for any reason? I certainly wouldn't and many other people wouldn't either. There is no justification for it at all. Since when is it ok to take the food out of the mouths of the rightful citizens of any country for your own gain? That's just plain selfish especially when it is done by breaking the law.
We know that you like to call them "illegal aliens" but as far as I know you have no special city-data badge that allows you to dictate what people here will say, so whether you like it or not posters here can use whatever term they prefer; undocumented person, illegal immigrant, etc.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:38 AM

148 posts, read 136,473 times
The solution to the illegal immigration problem is to shut down businesses that hire illegals

If there are no demand for the illegals, they would bot come here in droves. Setting up a fence by the border won't work as illegals and smugglers dig up tunnels

In addition, modify the jus soli citizenship laws. It is unbelivable that Americans who give birth to child abroad go through many bureaucratic loops (this is especially true for those who got foreign women pregnant) yet illegals and TOURISTS have US citizenship handed to them. At least limit the jus soli to LEGAL immigrants

Old 09-17-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabartek View Post
The solution to the illegal immigration problem is to shut down businesses that hire illegals

If there are no demand for the illegals, they would bot come here in droves. Setting up a fence by the border won't work as illegals and smugglers dig up tunnels

In addition, modify the jus soli citizenship laws. It is unbelivable that Americans who give birth to child abroad go through many bureaucratic loops (this is especially true for those who got foreign women pregnant) yet illegals and TOURISTS have US citizenship handed to them. At least limit the jus soli to LEGAL immigrants
Fence? No, we need the double layered wall already approved by congress but not funded. Ever heard of tunnel sensors? Otherwise we agree about the jobs and birthright citizenship changes.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:32 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabartek View Post

I think your point is well taken.....

Old 09-17-2015, 08:44 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
A former co worker of mine has been trying for years to sponsor his sister to immigrate over from Vietnam. He and is sister are going through the process to bring her over legally. I remember a number of years ago he asked my help in answering some of the questions on the ICE forms he was filling out. Supposedly his sister is on some sort of waiting list to come here and god knows when her turn will come. Must be really frustrating for this guy to know so many others basically have cut inline in front of his sister to come here any way possible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California