Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 11:06 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hey! That kind of language is uncalled for here!
He didn't get it.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:11 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z06 View Post
It makes perfect sense. Trumps target market is the middle class. Those who once had a good income/life.
Yet nearly 300k jobs were added this past month, new home purchases are up 15%, construction companies added 215k jobs last year, auto sales rose (of course partially due to the CHEAP gas), and gas bills are apparently lower due to the lower oil prices, and the dollar has climbed 10% in value....ALL of these things help the middle class.

Trump mistakenly seems to think that bringing back manufacturing here would help. I don't want to have to explain it all to you since it's probably a waste of time, but technological innovation and productivity have more to do with manufacturing loss than anything else. Those middle class jobs of the manufacturing sector are not coming back. Automation is the way the entire world is going, and that's something that you cannot turn the clock back on. Even China's manufacturing is down because those middle class jobs are being done by technology/automation/machines. The 1970's are over despite Trumps lies (or sheer naivete and/or ignorance) that state otherwise. The world is progressive whether anyone agrees with it or not.

On another note, perhaps you should ask yourself why Trump chooses to wear/sell/promote "make America great again" hat/pins/t-shirts/ties that are all made in CHINA rather than have them manufactured in an actual AMERICAN factory. Oh, the irony.

Shameful how ignorant Trump supporters are. My in-laws in Europe are totally stumped and think Americans that back this creep are a pretty dumb bunch...but it's irrelevant since he probably won't be welcome to step foot in some of these countries to "make his deals" anyway over the pure sh** that comes out of his mouth.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:06 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,021,053 times
[quote]My in-laws in Europe are totally stumped and think Americans that back this creep are a pretty dumb bunch../QUOTE]

Ever seen any old news reels of speeches by Mussolini or Hitler? I always wondered what people were smoking back then to buy into any of that vitriol those two and others were spewing. Things haven't changed all that much.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:16 PM

615 posts, read 666,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Yet nearly 300k jobs were added this past month, new home purchases are up 15%, construction companies added 215k jobs last year, auto sales rose (of course partially due to the CHEAP gas), and gas bills are apparently lower due to the lower oil prices, and the dollar has climbed 10% in value....ALL of these things help the middle class.

Trump mistakenly seems to think that bringing back manufacturing here would help. I don't want to have to explain it all to you since it's probably a waste of time, but technological innovation and productivity have more to do with manufacturing loss than anything else. Those middle class jobs of the manufacturing sector are not coming back. Automation is the way the entire world is going, and that's something that you cannot turn the clock back on. Even China's manufacturing is down because those middle class jobs are being done by technology/automation/machines. The 1970's are over despite Trumps lies (or sheer naivete and/or ignorance) that state otherwise. The world is progressive whether anyone agrees with it or not.

On another note, perhaps you should ask yourself why Trump chooses to wear/sell/promote "make America great again" hat/pins/t-shirts/ties that are all made in CHINA rather than have them manufactured in an actual AMERICAN factory. Oh, the irony.

Shameful how ignorant Trump supporters are. My in-laws in Europe are totally stumped and think Americans that back this creep are a pretty dumb bunch...but it's irrelevant since he probably won't be welcome to step foot in some of these countries to "make his deals" anyway over the pure sh** that comes out of his mouth.
What do you mean? I didn't say I supported him.

Some of your ramblings apply to all candidates, including Hillary. The biggest bull****ter wins.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:22 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
[quote=Snort;42560458]
Quote:
My in-laws in Europe are totally stumped and think Americans that back this creep are a pretty dumb bunch../QUOTE]

Ever seen any old news reels of speeches by Mussolini or Hitler? I always wondered what people were smoking back then to buy into any of that vitriol those two and others were spewing. Things haven't changed all that much.
10,000 years of "civilization" since we emerged from cave clans. And still jumping to the jungle drums and mumbo-jumbo of the witch doctors. The Crusades. The Inquisition. Mein Kampf. The Donald (Duck Dynasty) Reality Tee-vee Show!

Old 01-08-2016, 07:51 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The biggest support for Trump in SoCal is in two adjacent districts, one of which is in the southern IE, and the other which is in south OC and northern SD county.

Not only does Trump have support in Silicon Valley, from the map it also looks like he has support in Marin. Sonoma and the Emerald Triangle make more sense, but his Bay Area support is rather interesting.
Well, there's always some people who will support folks like Trump here, but that won't change the overall electoral prospects of California - the Golden State will overwhelmingly go for the Democratic candidate in likelihood in the general election.

Both parties just make stops here to shake some money from the many big donors who live in CA.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:00 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z06 View Post
What do you mean? I didn't say I supported him.

Some of your ramblings apply to all candidates, including Hillary. The biggest bull****ter wins.
Sorry...I misinterpreted your postings.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:30 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,400,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You mean headlining things like:
"Paris On Edge Over Knife Wielding Terrorist"
In which story we read that 2.25 million Parisians are living in mortal fear of a single nutball with a kitchen knife.
That kind of "too scared to fart?"
Yes not to mention Donald Trump referring to Paris as being in Germany.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:49 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
He meant Paris Hilton. She's been to Germany. Thousands of people have seen it on video. The Donald doesn't make mistakes.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:23 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Hey, I would rather have a president that moved me to laughter rather than tears.

Mind you I am not a Trump supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California