Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:33 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Not that you asked but Sacramento = bleccchhhhh. Not an aesthetically pleasing city in any way (imo) and in the summer it's hot, hot, hot and the air quality is horrible!
Why California bking45?
You said you were considering Denver. Not sure why. But if you want to come west and you are not attached to coastal California (or any other particular geographical place in the state), then do realize that there are great communities all over the inter-mountain west, the northwest and the southwest that may suit you more and that are less expensive and full of virtues that may be lacking in California. Just food for thought.

And to repeat .... Sacramento > blecchhhhhh. Yes, i do have an attitude about the place. But it's not without reasons. The only good thing about Sacramento (imo) is that it's nicely located between the Sierra and the coast. But that also means, it's "neither here nor there". And it's location (which isn't good besides the proximity to the Sierra and the coast) is not good enough of a reason for me to recommend it.
I lived in Sac. for 1.5 years. I didn't like the 100 degree days, but they weren't like that every day. A typical day in Summer in the low 90s was ok. I didn't find Sac. humid at all. And the humidity normally drops the hotter it gets.

I also thought it was surprisingly pleasing, aesthetically. Yes, it is flat. But there are many beautiful tree lined streets and parks. The weather there is definitely better than what you get in Pennsylvania.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 10:47 PM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I lived in Sac. for 1.5 years. I didn't like the 100 degree days, but they weren't like that every day. A typical day in Summer in the low 90s was ok. I didn't find Sac. humid at all. And the humidity normally drops the hotter it gets.

I also thought it was surprisingly pleasing, aesthetically. Yes, it is flat. But there are many beautiful tree lined streets and parks. The weather there is definitely better than what you get in Pennsylvania.
Speaking of not agreeing often, sometimes it does happen that we do. I'm with you on this assessment as well.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:34 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Speaking of not agreeing often, sometimes it does happen that we do. I'm with you on this assessment as well.
I think that's two posts in less than a week where we've agreed with each other.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:50 PM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think that's two posts in less than a week where we've agreed with each other.
Could be a sign of The End of Times.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:24 PM

29 posts, read 34,369 times
I like the suggestion about Long Beach--nice young vibe there with Cal State Long Beach close by and not as expensive as the South Bay yet. Or try Culver City--it's up and coming, lots of fun things to do and public transportation to downtown. Very close to "silicon beach" tech area too ( maybe they need therapy after working so hard on their computers, haha!)

Old 03-03-2016, 12:42 PM

117 posts, read 149,828 times
Here's the problem I have with giving you any type of advice; you are 23-years old and right out of college. Not only are you at the age that most young adults are still going wild, you haven't lived long enough and had all those types of experiences that would help give you guidance in your decision as to where would be a perfect place to live. You just haven't been "kicked around" long enough, so to speak.

For your job, hands down the Bay Area, and in particular the Silicon Valley. Even though the secretaries at these firms are pulling in six digits most of these people are high strung mental cases. They have everything yet their relationship are suffering from the extreme stress they encounter at their jobs.

It boils down to this; What type of individual you are at this moment of life. After work do you want to hit the bars and night clubs every night or would you rather be relaxing somewhere with a glass of wine and a cigar overlooking a vineyard as the sun begins to set? Or maybe going to a small art gallery and it's new exhibit. Maybe you want to live in a beach shack a block from the water. It really a matter of the type of lifestyle you are after. Therapists are needed everywhere. Very few places in California have high humidity and those are the beach areas or the occasional inclement weather that would bring a temporary spell of humidity.

Good luck with your choice.

Last edited by Another Place; 03-03-2016 at 01:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California