Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 10:50 AM

8,343 posts, read 6,435,284 times

Advertisements

I do like southern Calif, I like the weather and hate being cold, I have a lot of friends thanks to my church which I love. It would be better if it had a drag strip.
But I do like to make posts knocking Calif. because I hate the politics here so much, its a constant irrratant to me.
I have a bunch of guns and go target shooting reguarlly with my friend but its obvious this goverments goal is to make it so difficult and such a expense and hassel that people will give up their guns.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:01 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
I'm not sure what we get more of, the complainers about CA or the complainers about the complainers concerning CA.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:12 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I do like southern Calif, I like the weather and hate being cold, I have a lot of friends thanks to my church which I love. It would be better if it had a drag strip.
But I do like to make posts knocking Calif. because I hate the politics here so much, its a constant irrratant to me.
I have a bunch of guns and go target shooting reguarlly with my friend but its obvious this goverments goal is to make it so difficult and such a expense and hassel that people will give up their guns.
So you let it make you miserable on a daily basis? Because from your posts it sure sounds like it. That's like resenting the ex-wife whom you divorced 10 years ago. Getting your stomach in knots over stuff that happened years ago. It's eats you up not them.

You even blamed CA on another thread when you sold a car and didn't follow proper procedure by doing a liability release and title transfer, and the guy you sold the car to racked up tickets. That's not CA's fault, that's on you.

There are other states you can live in that don't get too cold. You have NV and AZ right next door.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:42 AM

600 posts, read 825,079 times
Another thread about complaining about California, and it's #13 posts deep and no mention of "illegals" yet ?

Old 01-20-2016, 11:43 AM

600 posts, read 825,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
So you let it make you miserable on a daily basis? Because from your posts it sure sounds like it. That's like resenting the ex-wife whom you divorced 10 years ago. Getting your stomach in knots over stuff that happened years ago. It's eats you up not them.

You even blamed CA on another thread when you sold a car and didn't follow proper procedure by doing a liability release and title transfer, and the guy you sold the car to racked up tickets. That's not CA's fault, that's on you.

There are other states you can live in that don't get too cold. You have NV and AZ right next door.
LOL. Please provide link. I want to read this LOL

Old 01-20-2016, 11:55 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilydopip View Post
I've thought about what it would be like leaving California. I was born in Ventura County and have lived here most of my life. I only left when I joined the Army. I lived in Oklahoma, Texas and Kentucky and Kosovo in Europe. When I was growing up my family went on numerous family vacations and I traveled through most of the states west of Missouri.

When I listen to people or read why they want to leave California I understand they have their reasons. It's usually economic or political. I would be considered rather conservative by most Americans. I would rather stay in California than move to a state full of conservative people.

I doubt most red states are so much better that California when it comes to the economy. I remember reading and hearing on the radio about the black gold rush in North Dakota. Conservatives were belittling Americans for being too lazy to go to frigid North Dakota and start off earning a whopping $100,000 a year. I'm thankful I majored in History in college so I didn't fall for it. I learned from the history of the gold rush. One of the only real success stories of the gold rush was levi Jeans. Most everyone else just chased a dream.

>Snip<.
Very good post!

Quote:
This is perhaps the most positive post I have seen from you.

As a churchgoer myself, I would suggest talking to your pastor about the irritant of politics. You are only hurting yourself. I know what my pastor would say-something along the lines of focusing on God and the positives of life.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:57 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,750,953 times
Those who don't live in California are jealous of those who do.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:09 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,847,416 times
Quote:
So what exactly are all those guns, fast cars, and that skygod doing for you? Because it doesn't seem to be something about the state that is the issue. It appears to be very much an internal thing. Chemical imbalance? Self-actuated, content people don't obsess on creating this sort of anger for themselves.
There are plenty of similar characters holed up in a federal visitors center in Oregon who share your pain, and could use some snacks from a kindred spirit. We don't pay through the nose in CA to put up with this BS.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:20 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,019,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm not sure what we get more of, the complainers about CA or the complainers about the complainers concerning CA.
Put me down as a complainer of the complainers of the original complainers....or, using the mathematical formula: complainer³

Old 01-20-2016, 09:24 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
And I could name many blunders people have done while behind the wheel. I guess that means that no one should drive a car.
Ah. One of the favorite protest points for the gun crowd. Listen, here's how it works. The entire world revolves around motor vehicles. For every critical purpose of life and literal survival,

Guns, on the other hand, have only one, singular purpose: to kill things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
Obviously this woman did not follow the guidelines she was taught about using a firearm. You don't shoot at people until you know who they are and who they are not. Even I know that, and I've never shot a firearm in my life!

I have heard stories of people getting out their guns to face an assumed intruder, only to find out that it was their drunken buddy trying to visit them or something. Guess what? These other people managed not to shoot. Because they were trained to verify who the "intruder" was, just to avoid that exact situation—to avoid shooting someone harmless. As with any responsibility, you must be trained properly and you must use your brains.

Ugh, I don't know much about firearms, and I don't want to get into some gun control debate on a thread about California. All I'm saying is that I get antsy when I hear someone saying, "They don't need that" when we don't know their full situation. You start making decisions about what other people do and don't "need," then sooner or later someone's going to make a decision that you don't "need" something, when you very well may feel that you do.
Yes. I can believe you don't know much about firearms. On the other hand, I do. And I know a lot about human nature, including that, in spite of having this remarkable tool called a rational mind, we also have a nervous system and biology that typically overpower rational thinking when under stress. Plus we are pretty much insane by nature, subject to all kinds of fantasies and fears and ideological obsessions that feed fantasies and fears. And when people who have guns in their hands feel scared and threatened they most typically discharge both bodily fluids and their weapons at the object of their fear.

I do not like guns. But I am not anti-gun and don't campaign for them to be taken out of the public's hands. I own guns. I have let fly more rounds than the entire population of cops in all of California, including at their target ranges. I have received and returned intense fire many times. I am here still to tell about it, while others are not. It is a nasty legacy to live with. I know first hand what people do when they think they see shadows move and they've got a loaded weapon.

Cops and military train and train and train to identify their targets. And they still make mistakes all the time. You read about some of them in the news. If you think that Joe and Jane Bonehead Public can take a couple of weekend classes and achieve total control of target identification, you are sorely sorely mistaken.

As for "using your brains" - as I said, humans are pretty much born insane. Look around you.

I don't care much if people run around with guns, though. Knock yourselves out. I've got a dark sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California