Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:15 PM

5 posts, read 17,601 times

Advertisements

I've lived in both SF and LA, and I like LA better. Less difficult lifestyle if you ask me. I live in SF now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Floridian View Post
Thanks dude! SF it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 06:52 PM

268 posts, read 900,024 times
Where in California the ladies are attractive but less the attitude? I know LA has plenty of tude! I don't need that....

Thanks

Old 01-16-2009, 11:50 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,289,684 times
I'd just like to add, I think people think the women are better down south based on the weather and dress styles. On warm days in SF you'll notice how much hotter the women look in downtown SF. Why? Because they are dressed like the girls do all the time in LA. Most of the time women are covered up in layers of pea coats and scarves.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:08 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
Can't beat Santa Barbara as a young straight male looking to live the good life...The---I hate Santa Barbara thread is ridiculous...great coast--State Street--mountain back drop--fun nightlife--great restaurants--and a thriving University..laid back people...

Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troupermca View Post
Coming from a straight female living in San Francisco - myself and work colleagues I've chatted with agree that it's pretty difficult to build a good social life in SF. The people are nice but most have already found there cliques and aren't looking to make new friends. However, could be different for a 20 year-old; younger sometimes equals more laid back. Worthy of note: most SF women really have it together so make sure you do too to level the playing field!
You are 100% right on the clique part about meeting new people. Freindships can be real flighty out here. But I also think females in SF dont seem to be very outgoing in trying to meet different types of guys. Alot of these females put the money standards to high. My female co-workers all pretty much roll like that. They need to start being more realistic. Alot of guys dont even bother dating in SF anymore. They go to places like the South Bay, East Bay, and North Bay, because the females seem to be more cool, and just down to earth. I meet girls from all over the Bay, I must say I like the one's from outside of SF a lot better.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:08 PM

40 posts, read 245,021 times
I would go with Santa Barbara or San Francisco.

Santa Monica is just for the superficial-shallow guy looking for the bimbo-no brains type of girl... Only these type of people or LA natives (they haven't seen anything else) like living in LA. All the ones who live in the surroundings hate going there unless is for a big concert or going to the airport...

Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,060,609 times
another one-time original poster never heard from again....despite earnest replies and advice....

Old 05-22-2011, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,952 times
Yea I live in Santa Monica, I know a few good-looking guys with good jobs that can't find a decently attractive girl here. The ratio is horrible in bars and clubs...unless you have a great game and have a lot going for you and money it could be hard for you to make it here.. I had a lot better luck dating in NYC with girl that have half a brain.. Santa Monica there are a lot of entertainment type girls, and you better have all your ducks in a row and offer them enough. Also I noticed here, many younger girls in there early to mid twenties can't afford to live hear... So there are much more early 30's to cougar age. I'm 29 and the girls available to me are in there early to mid thirties and looking for marriage. This place is very hard to leave because there are beautiful women, nice beaches and out door lifestyle...but like I was trying to get at, some of the most shallow people you'll meet and since you do t make a lot of money and odds are that girls you meet will make a lot more , you may have a tough time.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Bakersfield!

Old 05-22-2011, 12:46 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersb View Post
I would go with Santa Barbara or San Francisco.

Santa Monica is just for the superficial-shallow guy looking for the bimbo-no brains type of girl...
Exactly. Center of the entertainment industry mentality.

Quote:
Only these type of people or LA natives (they haven't seen anything else) like living in LA.
The relations between the sexes in LA are FAR worse than any ethnic/racial relations in LA. There is a reason for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California