Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 02:09 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times

Advertisements

I agree with everythig Cattnap said. Funny thing is that is exactly what happened to us. So we are wanting to move back to Ca. Do your homework. We are young retirees (40) and have no children so moving is no big deal with us. We CAN move back as others may not be able to. The sale of our home happened the first day it went on the market in 2004 in CA. We have alot of pets and had to move quickly. Renting a home was not a option for us with all our pets so we did not do alot of research. Never living outside of California except when I was very young, I had no idea it would be soooo different. Coming from Ventura County, Thousand Oaks area and the ocean in Oxnard I can tell you things are different where we are now. We did not move because of any bad situation or prices or anything like that. We just retired and thought living on a lake would be nice. I'd tell you to make a list. A list of everthing you want to have in your new location. Like, the climate/weather (that will really narrow it down pretty quick), the stores you want and like to shop at, restuarants, hospitals, do you want a view and if so what kind of view. Your style, I think that is important too. Stuff like that. Then consider your standard of living. Everyone is different. Some peoples standards are alot higher then others. If you can, spend time in these places that you are considering. Good Luck to you!

Last edited by Roma; 01-20-2007 at 02:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 02:04 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
We lived in CA both s. and n. all our lives. We fled S. Ca when our kids were going into J.H to N. Ca. We were stuck in a small mountain town and could not wait to get back to a city. We decided CA was getting a little to goofy and came to AZ. We actually may retire right here in Peoria. If you like having the ammenities of a bigger city but enjoy the foothills, the check out Trilogy in Vistancia. This retirement community has all the smackings of a luxury resort and is quite affordable. We happen to live across the road in the family side, but will be making a move when our son leaves for college. We don't have junk cars, or trash to worry about. There is a award winning clubhouse/ restaruant, golf course and 7 miles of walking trails. You do have an HOA but the dues are relatively little and the people are not intrusive at all. Google Trilogy at Vistancia by Shea Homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California