Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 12:41 AM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times

Advertisements

From His Home in Russia, #Calexit Leader Plots California Secession | Election 2016 | The California Report | KQED News

and the guy running it used to campaign against gay marriage

why are people falling for this propaganda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 01:21 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Because people aren't really falling for it? I'm not.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:49 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Because people aren't really falling for it? I'm not.
Don't you just love conspiracy theories? Such fun - NOT! Guess some of us are just too smart for them.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:08 AM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Don't you just love conspiracy theories? Such fun - NOT! Guess some of us are just too smart for them.
yes, it's a conspiracy theory, Louis Martinelli, CalExit leader, lives in Russia and has campaigned against gay marriage, as reported by NPR, WSJ, and other fringe media

Old 01-30-2017, 01:32 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Let's say I was Putin and I wanted to weaken the US.

First, I would help out the Alt Right as well as truly extreme groups like Spencer and company.

Then I would do everything I could to get someone like Trump elected.

Then, I would also do some things to spin up the Left.

Blood in the streets? Excellent.

Actual civil war? Even better.

Anyone who says it can't happen here is ignorant of history.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:47 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
The CalExit ballot proposition getting signatures now is the first of two and asks the question, "Do we want to have another ballot proposition later to ask if we want to declare independence?" Since the first ballot measure is symbolic and harmless, I might vote for it as a protest vote against Trump. I would vote No on the next ballot measure as I do not support any serious effort to secede.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:50 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
If these people spent as much time actually fixing the problems they claim are making them want to secede as they are on this pointless ballot measure, people might actually take them seriously.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:51 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It is hysterical. Note it says they were supporting both sides in an effort to cause problems, not just one.

People will believe anything against someone they do not like.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:55 PM

911 posts, read 590,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Let's say I was Putin and I wanted to weaken the US.

First, I would help out the Alt Right as well as truly extreme groups like Spencer and company.

Then I would do everything I could to get someone like Trump elected.

Then, I would also do some things to spin up the Left.

Blood in the streets? Excellent.

Actual civil war? Even better.

Anyone who says it can't happen here is ignorant of history.
This is exactly right. Exactly. And yet it doesnt negate the validity of the movements issues. Nor would any success of the proposed split necessarily weaken America. Depends how it was done and whether, for example, California's independence was structured as a new commonwealth nation in which all regions of the country decentralized according to their individual strengths, while remaining allied in common interest such as militarization and trade.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:57 PM

911 posts, read 590,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
If these people spent as much time actually fixing the problems they claim are making them want to secede as they are on this pointless ballot measure, people might actually take them seriously.
A notable percentage of people DO take them seriously. And they ARE trying to fix the problems - by becoming self determining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: