Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 01:10 AM

120 posts, read 376,264 times

Advertisements

Just looking for some information, was hoping someone from Monte Rio could help...

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 02:16 PM

46 posts, read 202,047 times
I don't live in Monte Rio but I'm close by. What info are you looking for?

Old 06-17-2008, 01:51 PM

6 posts, read 25,075 times
Default Hi Green Girl!

I am not the one that asked the original question, but I do have a question for you and ANY info would be appreciated. I grew up on the coast. I currently live in the sierra's. And I want to come back towards HOME, like Monte Rio, Guerneville, Forestville, etc... the smaller, the better. I am wondering what kind of rental housing and employment is out there.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:29 PM

324 posts, read 1,707,183 times
Look in the classified ads in the PD. I think you can look online too. www.pressdemo.com

Old 06-23-2008, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,490 times
Cool Moving to Monte Rio....

Okay so I am moving to Monte Rio with my husband to live closer to his family and we are trying to find a place to live. We have two great 45lbs dogs(lab mixes) that are extremely well mannered. My questions is; What is up with all the Pet/Dog haters in the area? You can't find an apartment that allows dogs and even houses with Fenced backyards or farms that sit on 10 acers say "no dogs". What is the point in having a fenced yard or acreage if you can't enjoy it with ALL the members of your family. I am only comlaining because I refuse to give up my dogs, my family, and I get very frustrated that most Landlords don't understand that.

To all the Landlords out there, not all dogs are bad and you should do a "meet and greet" with the dogs BEFORE you count them out; you may have just lost your chance at having the best, most responsible tenant you could ever ask for. Just keep in mind, if a possible tenent has a dog/dogs, meet the dog before you say "No".

So on that note, I am a very responsible pet owner who will be moving to Monte Rio August 1st and would love to be able to rent a little house or cottage where I can have my two babies(dogs). I can pay between $800-$1,100 in rent every month and my husband(a carpenter and has done lots of apt. maint.) and I are also willing to work around the house on maint/ up-keep projects (even on your other properties in the area) that landlords useually have to pay out of pocket to fix, for a negotiated reduction of rent. If you are interested please feel free to email me at [EMAIL="jlcraig@laborready.com"]jlcraig@laborready.com[/EMAIL].

Please understand that I am not trying to be rude, mean, or offensive, I am just trying to make life a little easier for all those pet lover's out there. We took on the responsibility of another life, we should be able to take on the responsibility of living/taking care of your house (at least I am).

Old 06-23-2008, 01:59 PM

324 posts, read 1,707,183 times
Sometimes you can get the owners to change their minds. When we rented we wrote them a letter asking if we could get a dog. Also including what kind of animal, that we would keep it flea free, trained etc. We were allowed, but did have to pay a large pet deposit. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California