Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 01:20 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhwkdwn View Post
Go through the first page of posts. How many of them are a positive topic about CA compared to whining about Jerry brown, taxes, homeless, blah blah blah.
Why not look at other threads, not just this one.

Maybe you could even read the title of this thread and get an idea of the posts that might be in here.
Do you think that a topic about leaving Ca is going to have a bunch of posts that are going to be positive stay in Ca?
If it upsets you, maybe you should read the title of the thread before entering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
<sigh> You didn't really answer the question, though. I wasn't talking about non-California residents, or posts of "value," or why people are "butt hurt" or "defensive."
Here's what you said

"Who’s talking about cheerleading? If you read the opening posts to many of the threads here, they're about poorly kept up roads, stupid liberal tax laws, highest poverty level in the country, idiot democrats, out of control homelessness, break ins, another California tax increase, our incompetent governor, etc. You’d be surprised at how many people post nothing but negative information about this state....it’s as if they’re searching for it. Who knows why."

Ummm what is exactly your question in this post, I missed where you actually asked something rather than just making a statement.
Why don't you ask people who post this. Should we all just vow to never post anything unless it's positive and ignore the fact that some negatives exist? Would that make you feel better. Would that benefit people to only read one side?

Old 10-01-2017, 01:46 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Tucson made the list! #28

50 worst cities to live in
Oro Valley, AZ is 6 miles north of Tucson. It is one of the safest cities in Arizona, and has made quite a few 'best' lists for a number of reasons.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
My husband will be retiring in a few years and we've visited a lot of lower priced parts of the country over the last five or so years. We've seen a lot of great places.

Each time, we ask: could we see ourselves living here?

So far, the answer is always no.

We have it pretty good in California (a home on three acres of land, a quiet area, easy access to outdoor activities year round).

That said, I do understand why some people might prefer to live elsewhere. I have family members who are contemplating moving to another state as we speak. America is a big country, so luckily, we all have a lot of choices. We can all find the place that works best for us.

It's strange though how so many people who've left California feel the need to keep coming back to the California sub-forum. I keep wondering why that is -- do they secretly miss California or something?

I never feel the need to read the sub-forum of the states I lived in before California. I never have the urge to go brag on the sub-forums of the places where I used to live about how much happier I am now that I live in California (and I am much happier living here than those other places).

So, it is a bit of a head-scratcher to me why so many people who chose to move to another state continue to feel so pulled to the California sub-forums.
Re the bolded....Am I correct in assuming you are not a native Californian?

Old 10-01-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Should we all just vow to never post anything unless it's positive and ignore the fact that some negatives exist? Would that make you feel better. Would that benefit people to only read one side?
It wouldn't bother any of them at all if they didn't know that, deep down, we have some valid points.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:24 PM

47 posts, read 36,610 times
Quote:
Why not look at other threads, not just this one.

Maybe you could even read the title of this thread and get an idea of the posts that might be in here.
Do you think that a topic about leaving Ca is going to have a bunch of posts that are going to be positive stay in Ca?
If it upsets you, maybe you should read the title of the thread before entering.
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post. I meant to go look through the first page of threads on the CA forum and to see how many are just people whining. Not the first few posts in this thread.

If people were constantly cheer leading there would be thread after thread of rah rah CA topics. This is definitely not the case. In fact it's the reverse.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:00 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Ummm what is exactly your question in this post
I said, "You’d be surprised at how many people post nothing but negative information about this state....it’s as if they’re searching for it. Who knows why."

That's the question.

Quote:
Should we all just vow to never post anything unless it's positive and ignore the fact that some negatives exist? Would that make you feel better. Would that benefit people to only read one side?
How you come to this conclusion from what I stated ("people who post nothing but negative information about this state") is beyond me.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhwkdwn View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post. I meant to go look through the first page of threads on the CA forum and to see how many are just people whining. Not the first few posts in this thread.

If people were constantly cheer leading there would be thread after thread of rah rah CA topics. This is definitely not the case. In fact it's the reverse.
Ok I can see your point.
I will say that Ca is a very different beast and marches to it own beat. It's very different than the majority of the US. Perhaps that's why some people hate it but some love it. It does sometimes come up with some wingers like the politician that was trying to create the homeless peoples bill of rights ( of note the homeless could basically camp out on the sidewalk in front of your house).
Sometimes it's progressive, others it seems like sensationalism.
Other states forums have complaints too, but you have to admit Ca always is in the middle of controversy.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:17 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,813,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I said, "You’d be surprised at how many people post nothing but negative information about this state....it’s as if they’re searching for it. Who knows why."

That's the question.

How you come to this conclusion from what I stated ("people who post nothing but negative information about this state") is beyond me.
If I were to ever move out of the state, I might return in a few weeks to a forum in this state, where I posted often, to just post a message on how things went for me and my impressions of my new state of residence.....and that would be it. My focus would be on the present and future in area/state I moved to and I would seek out forums there.....if I wished to continue exchange ideas online with others. If I moved primarily because I was just unhappy and/or feed up with things in CA.....once I had gone....I would try to concentrate on moving forward and avoid letting myself become someone who appears to have a axe to grind in regard to CA. I am just speaking for myself

Old 10-02-2017, 12:31 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,719,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
My friend lives in Kansas.. she likes it there.

I'm planning on going back to Tucson next month and look around some more. It has a lot of positives for me.. And I could buy a awesome house.
FYI, Tucson is a dump. Even the nicer parts of town (e.g., Catalina Foothills, Oro Valley, Starr Pass, etc.) are not very nice, IMO -- rough roads, minimal landscaping, no street lighting, Spanish being spoken everywhere (not that California is much of an improvement in this regard), etc. For the most part, living in Tucson feels like you're living in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California