Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 11:28 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Uh, you sure can ... and CA4Now just did, correctly so. Disgraceful compensations all over the capitalist world.

Another fact based opinion from real world experience hiring and managing employees, I'm sure.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:47 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Another fact based opinion from real world experience hiring and managing employees, I'm sure.
No. It bears no such requirement to recognize that avarice and greed taken to the extremes we see at the head of corporate capitalism is unconscionable. Even if you entirely remove morality issues and just focus on scientific sustainability of the species, anyone with half the brains mother nature gave a gnat can see that this consumer culture we live in that drives these “compensations” is not sustainable ... it is a Ponzi scheme. It is not limitless nor harmless. There is zero justification ethically, morally, if you want to look at it from that perspective. And if not, there's no justification for it anthropologically either. This is species suicide. And the cancer is most dangerous at the head - which is corporate consumer capitalism.

Do not conflate corporate consumer capitalism with garden variety capitalism in small business. Different animals.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
No. It bears no such requirement to recognize that avarice and greed taken to the extremes we see at the head of corporate capitalism is unconscionable. Even if you entirely remove morality issues and just focus on scientific sustainability of the species, anyone with half the brains mother nature gave a gnat can see that this consumer culture we live in that drives these “compensations” is not sustainable ... it is a Ponzi scheme. It is not limitless nor harmless. There is zero justification ethically, morally, if you want to look at it from that perspective. And if not, there's no justification for it anthropologically either. This is species suicide. And the cancer is most dangerous at the head - which is corporate consumer capitalism.

Do not conflate corporate consumer capitalism with garden variety capitalism in small business. Different animals.
Do you honestly understand "capitalism"?

Tell us, how would you determine the compensation of a Pharma CEO, or any CEO. Let's say you're the majority shareholder of a profitable healthcare research and development company and you need a chief executive to run the company. How would you determine the number on your offer letter?

Old 02-23-2018, 11:57 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Being part of a small community based Hospital it has been eye opening to now be part of a Health Care Giant.

We had one mission... serve the community and keep the doors open...

One of the partners was nearing retirement and pushed through a sale... to say things have changed would be an understatement...

We have gone from a near family atmosphere of dedicated employees to one where people say I just work here... to having great relationships with other providers where we can help or ask for help to refusing to help or asking...

I think there really is such a thing as being too big to fail as a business model...

Part of it could be the difference in being run by medical professionals to MBA and Lawyers.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Do you honestly understand "capitalism"?

Tell us, how would you determine the compensation of a Pharma CEO, or any CEO. Let's say you're the majority shareholder of a profitable healthcare research and development company and you need a chief executive to run the company. How would you determine the number on your offer letter?
I understand capitalism better than you do apparently. I understand that ensconsed as a corporate structure it is poison to humanity. This conversation any further between you and I is pointless ... especially with regard to the topic. Specifically to the topic, your attitude about CEO compensation is emblematic of why this discussion even arises. For, were it not for attitudes such as you profess here, the healthcare crisis would be far more manageable. Anything goes / scorched earth is the run-amok status of healthcare ransom demanding industry that has hijacked the mandate of government to serve and protect its citizenry.

Have a nice day.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I understand capitalism better than you do apparently. I understand that ensconsed as a corporate structure it is poison to humanity. This conversation any further between you and I is pointless ... especially with regard to the topic. Specifically to the topic, your attitude about CEO compensation is emblematic of why this discussion even arises. For, were it not for attitudes such as you profess here, the healthcare crisis would be far more manageable. Anything goes / scorched earth is the run-amok status of healthcare ransom demanding industry that has hijacked the mandate of government to serve and protect its citizenry.

Have a nice day.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:00 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Isn't that what some have done with Medishare and similar?
never heard of it so I may not have been successful

Old 02-23-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Your challenge question is flat out stupid. Because you are asking me to play a game I find unsustainable as well as miserably unhealthy to say nothing of morally bankrupt - by the rules/protocols/standards created by the people who have structured the unsustainable, unhealthy, morally bankrupt game. How stupid is that? Very. Why would I / should I play their game? Especially by their rules?

Let's say, instead, that corporations, let alone shareholders, shouldn't be allowed to exist. Only private enterprise. And especially that private enterprise should not be allowed to control functions and products of basic human necessity: like utilities and healthcare and police, fire, sanitation, and defense for examples.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:35 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
never heard of it so I may not have been successful
It's been around for awhile and growing quite a lot... meets Health Insurance requirements in all 50 states for about 50% the cost of National Affordable Healthcare.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/01/o...alth-care.html

https://www.zanebenefits.com/blog/th...-of-medi-share

I don't have it and those I know are quite active in their church.

https://mychristiancare.org/medi-sha...-is-medishare/

https://ptmoney.com/medishare-review/

There are others but seem to all have a faith based connection.

https://www.solidarityhealthshare.org/

Old 02-23-2018, 05:09 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
The family had Section 8 and the related programs...

Grandson has had over a million dollars of the finest medical care with much at Stanford... the family never paid a dime for the care...
They're on Medi-Cal. If we want to qualify for Medi-Cal, we'd need to have an income below the poverty level.

Those of us who don't qualify for that need health insurance.

Last edited by CA4Now; 02-23-2018 at 05:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California