Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 11:36 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran103 View Post
Of course he doesn’t. He’s an flashy sleezy opportunist. But Californians like well-known names over actually knowing what their candidates stand for, so Newson will likely win.
Isn't that what happened in the last Presidential debates and primaries? Hillary and The Bern came out on stage for the debates, and spoke in sound-bites, basking in the applause and assumed adoration of their supporters, while O'Malley gave serious, detailed and thoughtful answers to the questions. Guess who came out far in front, in each debate? The public wasn't interested in substance. They love flash. It's not just California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 03:16 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Isn't that what happened in the last Presidential debates and primaries? Hillary and The Bern came out on stage for the debates, and spoke in sound-bites, basking in the applause and assumed adoration of their supporters, while O'Malley gave serious, detailed and thoughtful answers to the questions. Guess who came out far in front, in each debate? The public wasn't interested in substance. They love flash. It's not just California.
But look who won.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:05 PM

665 posts, read 613,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Thanks. For some reason, I thought she was from southern CA. I suppose just because she lives there now. I looked up her Wikipedia page and learned she's only been married for about 3 1/2 years to her husband who worked in L.A.

So, she and Gavin N. probably were chums and that's why she's endorsing him.
She might live down here since she is married now. She got her chops from working in the Bay (SF and Oakland specifically). So she has know Newsom and his predecessor for awhile.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:48 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy973 View Post
She might live down here since she is married now. She got her chops from working in the Bay (SF and Oakland specifically). So she has know Newsom and his predecessor for awhile.
Got it. Thanks. Well, goes to show you shouldn't ever put a politician on a pedestal. Even Kamala now disappoints me.

Fortunately, I do think for myself. And I choose Antonio over Gavin. He puts in the effort. And I think the fact that he was elected twice to be the mayor of LA, which is a huge challenge - to manage the politics of that huge city, with all of it's many issues and varied constituents, including enormously wealthy and enormously poor people - makes him the best candidate of the choices we have.

And even if the Asian population is only 18% (if I remember correctly), he showed up at the APA gubernatorial debate when he was invited, where Gavin chose not to. It just goes to character - he's saying he respects every Californian's plight. Major kudos for that. That's the kind of person who should be our governor. Not the guy who only campaigns with minimal effort to just get the job.

He did a good job negotiating compromises in L.A. And when I see how respectful he is to the other candidates at the gubernatorial debates, I feel confident that he will honestly try to work across the aisle to get things accomplished.

None of them are perfect. But, I really believe he's our best pick.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:24 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,082 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw_lfYNxhL0

I love that they left a podium empty with his name on it.

So, Gavin Newsom doesn't care if he gets the Asian votes. What arrogance. We need to be sure he isn't elected governor. He can't even show up to his commitments as Lt. Governor, and now he won't even show up to the debates. I cringe at the thought of him waltzing into the governor mansion. I hope he gets a nice surprise on election day. I know I'm not voting for him.
Newsom has never cared for your vote, asian, hispanic or white. He only cares about advancing his career in California politics. Look at San Francisco, is SF really better off after Newsom?

Old 05-04-2018, 10:17 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Will it make any difference that Villar cheated on his wife?
Well did it make any difference for Donald Trump?

Old 05-04-2018, 10:07 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Thanks. For some reason, I thought she was from southern CA. I suppose just because she lives there now. I looked up her Wikipedia page and learned she's only been married for about 3 1/2 years to her husband who worked in L.A.

So, she and Gavin N. probably were chums and that's why she's endorsing him.
Gavin was elected Mayor of San Francisco in the November 2003 election. Kamala was elected District Attorney of the City and County of San Francisco in that same election. Both were reelected in November of 2007. Kamala left the District Attorney's Office before her second term was up, after she was elected Attorney General of California in 2010.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:25 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post

149 reviews and he gets a rating of 2&1/2 stars! Soooooo funny. They were hilarious to read. Can't thank you enough for posting that link.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:44 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Well did it make any difference for Donald Trump?
My point. You see it.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:16 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Gavin was elected Mayor of San Francisco in the November 2003 election. Kamala was elected District Attorney of the City and County of San Francisco in that same election. Both were reelected in November of 2007. Kamala left the District Attorney's Office before her second term was up, after she was elected Attorney General of California in 2010.
Thanks for this info. I didn't know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California