Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 02:29 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,639,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
Lol, he also lives in a state where $250,000 buys you a verrrry nice home, where you don't pay state income taxes, and where there aren't illegals in your face constantly. I take it you're a liberal and claim to not care about taxes (though I bet you pay the IRS as little as possible legally), but for everyday average Americans, living in a state that's 48/50 in total tax burden makes a difference.

Me personally, the last straw was when I read that state tax dollars went to pay for a convicted murderer, in prison for life, who identified as transgender. (I'm a married gay man myself before I'm accused of being a bigot.) The state of California paid for his sex change. That's what CA citizens' tax dollars go to, so they can make sure a murderer, lifer in prison gets a fresh new vagina. Also, the front page of the LA times I'll never forget reading when the headline was "CA hands out licenses to illegals" and there was a picture of everyone rejoicing. Yes, let's condone criminal behavior. I'll take my red state flaws any day of the week.

I did it, it was fun, but unless you're very well off, CA is a circle jerk for the middle class.

We made over 6 figures and still no chance of buying anything decent, anywhere desirable.

I guess that's "normal" for out there, but it's ludicrous for most of the rest of the country.

We chose to stop flushing our livelihood down the toilet paying rent, never looked back, and never happier.
LOL. you guys are ridiculous. He also lives in a state where 20% of the population receive food stamps. Oh look, the amazing southern states have the largest number of food stamps recipients as % of population.

When you troll, can you at least look up some facts and make it more challenging to obliterate your argument?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...amps/21877399/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You know nothing about the State. They are no more gullible than people in CA. They swallow tons of fake news too.

Illegals by their existence are breaking the law. Do they try to stay out of sight, yes, do some break the law in criminal ways, yes. Does the State do much about it? No.
LOL. Can you show me the statistic that shows there "are no more gullible than people in CA". You seem pretty confident about that, so it should be easy.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:39 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
LOL. you guys are ridiculous. He also lives in a state where 20% of the population receive food stamps. Oh look, the amazing southern states have the largest number of food stamps recipients as % of population.

When you troll, can you at least look up some facts and make it more challenging to obliterate your argument?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...amps/21877399/
Who cares, CA has a higher poverty rate. It is how many people do not need assistance that makes the difference and CA falls way behind.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:40 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
LOL. Can you show me the statistic that shows there "are no more gullible than people in CA". You seem pretty confident about that, so it should be easy.
Since I was born and raised in SoCal and lived there 55 years and lived in TN for the last nearly 10 years, yes I know. CA would not be a One Party State if the people were not gullible.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Since I was born and raised in SoCal and lived there 55 years and lived in TN for the last nearly 10 years, yes I know. CA would not be a One Party State if the people were not gullible.
Got it. so no stats. just "trust me". Cool story. Well, I went to school in TN and have lived in CA for a while now and I think TN people are more gullible than CA people. Prove me wrong.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Who cares, CA has a higher poverty rate. It is how many people do not need assistance that makes the difference and CA falls way behind.
Wut??

Old 05-07-2018, 03:15 PM

3,475 posts, read 5,271,243 times
Statistically speaking, people in California should be expected to be almost exactly equally gullible as people anywhere else, including Tennessee. If you think all liberal voters must be gullible, or all conservative voters must be gullible, then you are gullible.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:30 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,627,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
If your economy is doing so great why do you stay in the red?

"Buoyed by tax increases passed under his administration and a strong economy, Mr. Brown said Wednesday that the state is projecting a $6.1 billion surplus for the next fiscal year, which begins July 1."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...-in-california

Yes you read that right -- SURPLUS.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
"Buoyed by tax increases passed under his administration and a strong economy, Mr. Brown said Wednesday that the state is projecting a $6.1 billion surplus for the next fiscal year, which begins July 1."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...-in-california

Yes you read that right -- SURPLUS.
Facts are facts. but what about ALTERNATIVE facts?? By those, CA is in the red.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:02 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
if I was homeless i would rather live I California too. lol

I don't know why people don't realize that the reasons some of these places don't have huge homeless populations is because even the homeless don't want to live there.

California is literally the best place to be homeless in this country.
I’m not sure that’s something to brag about. I can see the new state motto...

“California, a great place to be homeless!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California