Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 11:57 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydru90 View Post
California has been left for decades now and look how things are...... im with john cox all the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Cox Travis and quiet Trump voters will join together now. This might be a bigger fight then Newsome thinks. If Newsome wins Ca is doomed.

Yes for sure. Newsom will destroy this state what remains of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 11:59 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I don’t know if he’ll fix all the problems . I know that Newsom will make things worse . His brilliant plan to give health care to all include illegal aliens , that alone should worry people . I bet so many that are voting for him don’t even know about that .
You don't know California voters then. Because most CA voters are very well educated and informed on the issues. Hence, I seriously doubt you actually live here yourself.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:35 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The agenda of keeping unemployment low ? The agenda of focusing on American citizens instead of illegal aliens ? Agenda of cracking down on MS-13 and other criminals ? What is so horrible about that agenda ?
The agenda of charter schools? The agenda of "keeping housing affordable"? (Yet he wants to send back every illegal immigrant who helps build those houses...tell us how that will work.) The agenda of dismantling every law that protects the environment in California? The agenda of getting rid of Covered California and having private health care available for the few and the wealthy? The agenda of Trump's of having as one's goal the profits of BIG BUSINESS?

No thanks.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:40 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
You don't know California voters then. Because most CA voters are very well educated and informed on the issues. Hence, I seriously doubt you actually live here yourself.
What well educated and informed person would vote for a plan that would cost $400 billion a year ?

Also I was born and raised in CA and live here . Just because I don’t agree with idiotic liberal policies like embracing illegal immigration and being soft on crime means I don’t live here??

Old 10-02-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The agenda of charter schools? The agenda of "keeping housing affordable"? (Yet he wants to send back every illegal immigrant who helps build those houses...tell us how that will work.) The agenda of dismantling every law that protects the environment in California? The agenda of getting rid of Covered California and having private health care available for the few and the wealthy? The agenda of Trump's of having as one's goal the profits of BIG BUSINESS?

No thanks.
Not sure what part of CA you live in . You’ve never mentioned . LAUSD though is huge and horrible I think they could use some competition from charter schools . Any data on how many houses illegal aliens have built ? I’d rather American citizens have the jobs .

Where did Cox say he wants to dismantle every law to protect the environment?

For all the talk being “green “ and “environmental friendly” in L.A air quality is horrible especially in those immigrant and lower income areas that our lovely mayor claims to love so much . Many industrial polluters breaking laws .. I’m guessing they must be campaign donors since the city doesn’t do anything about it .

Premiums did go up a lot under Obamacare , despite Obama promising that it would be more affordable . If one is poor they get subsidies but it has hurt a lot of middle class people.

It’s funny you say that Trumps goal is big business profits . Big business and the 1% got much richer under Obama .. under Trump unemployment for minorities is at historic lows and wages have been going up .
There are liberal talking points and then there are the facts .

Old 10-02-2018, 09:30 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:

No thanks.
You prefer to ignore laws, keep poor slave like people because you think that's why housing is cheaper? Disgusting and un-American. By the way, those millions of people also take up housing and displace Americans, contribute to pollution, and use up limited resources. Housing development is expensive because of the ridiculous environmental laws.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:42 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:

No thanks.
You better hope big business thrives here, It's the only thing keeping us afloat. He's against illegals taking our jobs? Why would Cox dismantle environmental laws? He hasn't said one word against the environment. Is this all you got against Cox? He should be winning by a landslide then.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You prefer to ignore laws, keep poor slave like people because you think that's why housing is cheaper? Disgusting and un-American. By the way, those millions of people also take up housing and displace Americans, contribute to pollution, and use up limited resources. Housing development is expensive because of the ridiculous environmental laws.
Yeah the fact that illegal aliens take up housing supply is never mentioned by the local press when talking about housing unaffordability . They always blame “greedy landlords “ or “white hipsters “
The permit fees are insane in California especially in a city like L.A

Old 10-02-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
You better hope big business thrives here, It's the only thing keeping us afloat. He's against illegals taking our jobs? Why would Cox dismantle environmental laws? He hasn't said one word against the environment. Is this all you got against Cox? He should be winning by a landslide then.
Maybe they are talking about CEQA ? But many Dems always want to reform or get rid of CEQA . It seems to basically used as a way to halt or stop development . It’s a cottage industry for legal firms .
Project is proposed then sue saying an environmental review needs to be done .

Old 10-02-2018, 11:10 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I'm sure this is why Newsom refused to do the CNN debate when Cox insisted they stick only to California politics. Newsom's plan is to repeat Trump's name like a mantra and force Cox to defend Trump's federal policies, though Cox has nothing to do with them. Cox didn't vote for Trump and I don't believe they've ever met in person; in fact many hardcore conservatives accuse Cox of being a RINO. But none of this stopped Newsom from flat-out lying on Twitter and calling Cox Trump's "protege" after the primary results.
Not quite...Cox doesn't want his past discussed during a debate and neither would I if I had embezzled money from my business partners and equated homosexuality to bestiality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California