Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:03 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
My vote is anti-anyone-who-supports-Trump, period.

Cox reluctantly joined the pro-Trump camp. That alone is enough to vote against Cox.

Same here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 12:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
The simple question I have to Democrats is are you happy with how the state is being run? Are you satisfied and in agreement with the inflated car reg fees, high income tax and out of control spending on boondoggle projects? If you answered no then please tell me why you will vote for Newsom? This state has been controlled primarily by democrats for decades and this state is in its worse shape than ever before.
Simple answer: I'm perfectly happy with the way the state is being run, and by the way...when I lived in Nevada my car registration fees were higher than they are in California. I'm a native of California and have lived here all my life except for 14 years when I was in Nevada. I was here when the state was run by Republicans, and they all did a pretty $hitty job.

The state has a surplus of nearly 9 billion dollars and that's what you call being in "worse shape than ever before"?

Old 09-12-2018, 12:36 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Honestly what can Cox really do with a Democratic super-majority? I don't get why people are so afraid of with him.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:47 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,985,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Simple answer: I'm perfectly happy with the way the state is being run, and by the way...when I lived in Nevada my car registration fees were higher than they are in California. I'm a native of California and have lived here all my life except for 14 years when I was in Nevada. I was here when the state was run by Republicans, and they all did a pretty $hitty job.

The state has a surplus of nearly 9 billion dollars and that's what you call being in "worse shape than ever before"?
Oh please, then why the increase in reg fees “To Fix Our Roads” if they have a multi-billion dollar surplus? The fact is Brown wants that money for his bullet train to nowhere because he knows and his successor that federal monies will be harder to obtain with the Trump administration.

I’ve lived in the Bay Area for 46 years and I’ve seen an increase in homelessness in San Mateo County to a level I’ve never seen before.

You left out that tidbit of Nevada having no state income tax.

Take off your liberal rose tinted glasses

Old 09-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Honestly what can Cox really do with a Democratic super-majority? I don't get why people are so afraid of with him.

They are afraid of losing the rubber stamp that the governors office has been using for years.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:04 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I guess this is why Gruesome isn't even bothering campaigning. He knows his base would rather live in a liberal HellHole instead of voting for Cox or anybody with a distant affiliation with a guy that's improving this country pathetic.. you all deserve to live amongst the poop and used needles
Trump improving this country?

That un-American traitor isn't capable of greatness or even statesmanship and he has not accomplished anything significant for the middle class or for those less fortunate. He cares only for his and his immediate family's financial bottom line and his own vanity/pleasures. To that end, he creates wealth only for the super-rich while destroying America and our standing in the world.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
They are afraid of losing the rubber stamp that the governors office has been using for years.
Cox is a crook, he was fined $15000 in 2004 for mishandling investors funds & you want to turn over the California economy to him?

Old 09-12-2018, 06:21 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Oh please, then why the increase in reg fees “To Fix Our Roads” if they have a multi-billion dollar surplus? The fact is Brown wants that money for his bullet train to nowhere because he knows and his successor that federal monies will be harder to obtain with the Trump administration.

I’ve lived in the Bay Area for 46 years and I’ve seen an increase in homelessness in San Mateo County to a level I’ve never seen before.

You left out that tidbit of Nevada having no state income tax.

Take off your liberal rose tinted glasses
Don't ask a question if you can't handle the honest answers! You clearly have your own tinted glasses on, if you think we'd be any better off under Republican leadership.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Don't ask a question if you can't handle the honest answers! You clearly have your own tinted glasses on, if you think we'd be any better off under Republican leadership.
So you want more of the same??? Last year alone increased reg fees, .12 cent per gallon tax hike, exorbant income tax rate, I do not care what party is in as long as my hard earned money I pay in taxes is being spent wisely. This state has been ran by a single party for years and California is still ranked near the bottom for every metric that is most important to people’s everyday lives.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:55 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So you don't know either huh???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California