Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 12:22 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times

Advertisements

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/23/64952...disinformation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 02:03 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,045,307 times
How about simply removing the right to vote from people stupid enough to base their voting choice on crap they read on facebook?

Old 09-23-2018, 02:37 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes, because the past elections were all stolen by the "wrong side" in California such as the 2016 general election wherein the "incorrect candidate" was selected...

Oh wait.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Yes, because the past elections were all stolen by the "wrong side" in California such as the 2016 general election wherein the "incorrect candidate" was selected...

Oh wait.
Mmmm no. More like: yes, because California wants to lead the system correction required to preserve the national electoral system’s integrity - especially given that the newest tools of attack against are homed in California. ... and of course, because the dolt in the White House is pretending there is no problem, so somebody else has to take the first steps.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Mmmm no. More like: yes, because California wants to lead the system correction required to preserve the national electoral system’s integrity - especially given that the newest tools of attack against are homed in California. ... and of course, because the dolt in the White House is pretending there is no problem, so somebody else has to take the first steps.
Actually, what you are writing is not true. Trump recognizes that there is a problem. THe problem is widespread and not limited to Russians, but Chinese, Iranians, etc. all of whom post on our social media in an attempt to do a myriad of things.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Actually, what you are writing is not true. Trump recognizes that there is a problem. THe problem is widespread and not limited to Russians, but Chinese, Iranians, etc. all of whom post on our social media in an attempt to do a myriad of things.
How does the inclusion of every kind of oppositional, cyber-capable regime make the observation that Chump is ignoring it all - not true? He’s done nothing ... other than brag about the size of his inauguration crowd, insist there were millions upon millions of illegals voting for HRC, and chortle about how decisive his victory was in every respect ... all falsely. The only thing he recognizes is his orange mug in the mirror he gazes admiringly at all day long.

The tools of these new intrusions were developed and now centered operationally in ... California. How appropriate our state should step forward first to try and thwart the attacks.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:03 PM

Senior administration officials warned that Russia is trying to interfere in November's midterm elections. Do you have any concerns?

Old 09-23-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Senior administration officials warned that Russia is trying to interfere in November's midterm elections. Do you have any concerns?
Sure. What’s “senior administration officials” concern got to do with Chump? He’s done nothing but deny, prevaricate, and avoid acknowledgement. Some others in his administration have tried to pick up and run with the ball in spite of the great Orange denial.
Quote:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...eddling-719281
Here is a look at Trump’s varying statements on whether Russia is to blame for meddling in the 2016 election.
“I don't think anybody knows it was Russia that broke into the DNC,” Trump said ... It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK? You don’t know who broke into DNC.”

“Maybe there is no hacking”: At the second presidential debate on Oct. 9, 2016, ...

Nov. 28, 2016, Trump said of Russia: “I don’t believe they interfered. That became a laughing point, not a talking point, a laughing point.”

... July 6, 2017, Trump stated: “Well, I think it was Russia and I think it could have been other people and other countries. It could have been [that] a lot of people interfered.” But, he added, “nobody really knows for sure.”

“He vehemently denied it”: “I strongly pressed President Putin twice about Russian meddling in our election. He vehemently denied it. I’ve already given my opinion,” Trump wrote on Twitter on July 9 after meeting twice with Putin in Germany.

“He said he didn’t meddle … I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it”: After meeting with Putin in Asia, Trump spoke at length with reporters and again cast doubt on Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

“He said he didn’t meddle,” Trump said. “He said he didn’t meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times. But I just asked him again, and he said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they’re saying he did.”

“Putin said he did not do what they said he did,” Trump added later. “And, you know, there are those that say, if he did do it, he wouldn’t have gotten caught, all right? Which is a very interesting statement.”

...Trump continued: “Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ And I believe — I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ I think he’s very insulted by it, if you want to know the truth. Don’t forget, all he said is he never did that, he didn’t do that. I think he’s very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.”

...”
But, meanwhile, back to the original point: why wouldn’t Brown/California step up to the bar given the connections to FB, Twitter, Instagram, et al?

Old 09-23-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Sure. What’s “senior administration officials” concern got to do with Chump? He’s done nothing but deny, prevaricate, and avoid acknowledgement. Some others in his administration have tried to pick up and run with the ball in spite of the great Orange denial.

But, meanwhile, back to the original point: why wouldn’t Brown/California step up to the bar given the connections to FB, Twitter, Instagram, et al?
Because, just as with NASA being a Federally funded entity and dulicating efforts to develop and launch satellites to monitor what which is already monitored, so too does the interference issue require a response at the Federal level. You do understand that resources are finite, right?

Can you please respond to my question? It was:

Old 09-23-2018, 06:04 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
Speaking of disinformation, even Mayor Goofcetti recently admitted that the general public was mislead by Prop 47. I wonder if this piece of virtue-signaling legislation will apply uniformly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California