Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you vote on Prop 10 on rent control?
Yes 15 21.13%
No 56 78.87%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 04:39 PM

7,651 posts, read 4,606,610 times

Advertisements

A giant thank you to all those that voted no on this...on behalf of my tenants, who won't be having their rent adjusted out of my fear that I may not have the option to do the same later.

There's a lot of crappy landlords out there. I can understand the want to lower the cost of just being able to live somewhere. I hope you can place those energies into getting established and eventually getting your own place, the hard, but honest way. Later on, when you're like me, you too can then pass down the gift of cheaper rent to ongoing renters.

It's tough to get the first place. But once you do, it's yours. You earned it. You won't be forever at the mercy of a local board or a landlord. I do hope you'll come to understand why even landlords that don't choose to price gauge or top out FMV for rents would still be opposed to ceding that ability to a local board.

Keep at it and you'll get your chance.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:41 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
Those states are fighting to keep them out, while California is fighting to let them in. Why wouldn’t they all prefer coming into a place that wants them there...?
I don't know what they think. One thing I know for certain is that they want out of the place they're leaving. Often times, immigrants are willing to work at jobs that most snobby and entitled Americans won't, or rather don't want to, do. Factually, the majority of immigrants aren't felons who come here to stir up trouble. Yet, even the hardworking, law abiding, decent people are thrown into the criminal group. That's what our President thinks, too, which is why he's shown to be clueless about all of it (among so many other things). Sadly, there are a lot of Americans who think exactly the same was he does.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:16 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Those states are fighting to keep them out, while California is fighting to let them in. Why wouldn’t they all prefer coming into a place that wants them there...?
I don’t suppose you can explain and support this nonsense? Perhaps you feel that sanctuary policies are designed to “let them in”. Even though they’re not. Why do you think California wants illegals? California wants and needs workers to do the jobs that often times illegals do. Yes. But that is not to say CA wants illegals. CA wants the work done, preferably by legal residents. There is no benefit to the state from having undocumented residents.

Naturally you won’t respond to my points ... except possibly with another of your snarky personal off topic comments ... huh

Old 11-09-2018, 06:06 PM

629 posts, read 620,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I don’t suppose you can explain and support this nonsense? Perhaps you feel that sanctuary policies are designed to “let them in”. Even though they’re not. Why do you think California wants illegals? California wants and needs workers to do the jobs that often times illegals do. Yes. But that is not to say CA wants illegals. CA wants the work done, preferably by legal residents. There is no benefit to the state from having undocumented residents.

Naturally you won’t respond to my points ... except possibly with another of your snarky personal off topic comments ... huh
Such an angry soul.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:11 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,399 times
Quote:
such an angry soul.
+1

Old 11-09-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Such an angry soul.
As I predicted. You can’t engage a conversation ... other than to make a snarky comment. Not the slightest anger expressed in my questions. Your baseless whines are, in fact, amusing. Like so many here, you protest and complain but then can’t follow through with rational, logical discourse.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
+1
Perhaps John can explain? No? Not you either? Lol.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:33 PM

367 posts, read 421,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
To all you land lords whining about profits... What if theres a huge natural disaster, say earthquake tomorrow and in the aftermath one store is selling gallon jugs of distilled water for
$1000 each claiming they need to make a profit...

Let's get real here. The only thing that is really outrageously expensive here in L.A. County is rent... and gas. Why is the rent $1200 for a small studio apt. in Long Beach, and let's be honest, ghetto area? There's no reason a tiny apt. should cost that much AND in a crappy neighborhood too.

Most people work for wages, not big salaries. There is a growing gap between wages and rents. Landlords can still make a nice profit while not price gouging renters.
Agreed.
And if there's natural disaster they ("landlords") all will be screaming for more government, to bail their asses out.

Landlords are truly evil, greedy subhuman scum, the worst kind of people in this country. Even the word sounds vile. My close family member is a landlord who owns multiple rental houses, this person had turned from normal to be the greedy, lying, inhuman *** [I have no good words to insert here], as they kept acquiring real estate and renting it out. They schemed and wringed quite a bit of money (millions) out of CA real estate boom (while letting their own mother die alone and in poverty, which is typical vile, immoral behavior for "landlord" types, who're creatures who'd sell anyone including their own mother for dimes, without a problem, if they sniff a profit, the lowest of the low). Every one of my numerous interactions with this type of "people" had confirmed these observations. They just want to squeeze a buck out of other people's misery, without care for others' comfort or safety (or even laws).

60% against rent control....that's fine. Only if you have 20% homeless and they start rioting and burning houses you won't be able to control them or help yourself. Have fun.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:12 AM

3,274 posts, read 3,936,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrname View Post
Agreed.
And if there's natural disaster they ("landlords") all will be screaming for more government, to bail their asses out.

Landlords are truly evil, greedy subhuman scum, the worst kind of people in this country. Even the word sounds vile. My close family member is a landlord who owns multiple rental houses, this person had turned from normal to be the greedy, lying, inhuman *** [I have no good words to insert here], as they kept acquiring real estate and renting it out. They schemed and wringed quite a bit of money (millions) out of CA real estate boom (while letting their own mother die alone and in poverty, which is typical vile, immoral behavior for "landlord" types, who're creatures who'd sell anyone including their own mother for dimes, without a problem, if they sniff a profit, the lowest of the low). Every one of my numerous interactions with this type of "people" had confirmed these observations. They just want to squeeze a buck out of other people's misery, without care for others' comfort or safety (or even laws).

60% against rent control....that's fine. Only if you have 20% homeless and they start rioting and burning houses you won't be able to control them or help yourself. Have fun.
Ha ha comrade. You sound jealous

Old 11-10-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrname View Post
Agreed.

Generalize much? Home ownership is not for everyone. Lots of people don’t need or want or benefit best from owning real estate. For many people, renting is the best option. How can people rent without landlords?

Have you never met a person who says: “oh my landlord is great!” I certainly have. Have you not read the posts in this thread by landlord Ultrarunner? Does he sound like an evil landlord?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California