Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you vote on Prop 10 on rent control?
Yes 15 21.13%
No 56 78.87%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 01:14 PM

629 posts, read 620,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And how about a list of morons with college degrees? You can start with Donald J. Trump.
How about the hundreds of thousands of educated folks in SF, who therefore should never be questioned when telling everyone else how to live their lives. They know better than you.

Educated does not mean informed.

Funny, first time we’ve ever agreed on anything. Progress.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:16 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I've tried to be nice, but you're really suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Get you're GED, take some classes at the local community college (sorry you'll have to pay for both), then get back to us.

At this point you're just coming off as an angry old hippy.
+1

You are absolutely correct!!!

Old 12-02-2018, 01:19 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
You’re wrong. He’s already declared that he’s had thousands of positive posts here and not confrontational at every opportunity. He’s ever the optimist. And always right. You best learn and know your place if you want to post here.

Still not sure why people respond to his bitter, angry condescension.
Question is: why do you feel the need to follow me around making negative comments - in between all your whining posts about how you hate this and that.

Perhaps you didn’t read a response I posted to another of your screeds about me ... where I listed a dozen of the last 20 threads I’ve started which are all upbeat and filled with humor?

I do enjoy eviscerating whiney posts filled with false equivalencies and illogical conclusions. It’s been a fun retirement avocation. You got bent when I challenged you in a thread a long time back and you haven’t gotten over it since.

You suggest I am angry and unhappy all the time. Au contraire, it is you who are filled with complaints.

Sad.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
+1

You are absolutely correct!!!
And another poster incapable of debate ... lol.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
How about the hundreds of thousands of educated folks in SF, who therefore should never be questioned when telling everyone else how to live their lives. They know better than you.

Educated does not mean informed.

Funny, first time we’ve ever agreed on anything. Progress.
This makes no sense. Especially that you have once again used the word “therefore” without clearly establishing your set of premises.

If you’d care to explain yourself ... we’ll see your meaning. But you never have in the past so I won’t hold my breath.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:46 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
So have they created internment camps in the middle of the desert yet to forcibly detain the homeless living in camps on trumped up "charges" because people cant afford housing there anymore.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I'm not angry at the guy that lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. In fact I love him. My homes never been worth more, and my IRA has never been higher.

What's not to love?
... once again racer, you manage to completely miss what is clearly written. I didn’t suggest you - or your compadres - were angry with the Chumpster. I said a handful of you making personal attacks are perhaps angry with yourselves for being incapable of engaging in on-topic debate with me.

I don’t take personal offense at your ad hominems about me being a school dropout and such ... but rather am quite amused that your responses are limited to that sort of deflection rather than engaging what I wrote. I challenged you with the reality that diplomas and certifications do not guarantee being educated nor indicate any real level of intelligence ... nor do they in any way, obviously, prove a person can’t be educated and intelligent without them.

As I wrote: lots of smart, successful, well-[self] educated people in this world. And millions upon ten’s of millions of dumb-asses have degrees.

A little true story for you, since you find me ignorant from lack of diploma: before I opened my own little print shop, I worked at a college, and at another university in their print shops. While employed at those institutions, I was eligible to take classes for free. ... not having a high-school diploma was not a barrier since I didn’t have to gain formal admission as a student. However, to be granted transferrable credits, as opposed to just auditing courses, one administrator was conflicted by my lack of hs diploma. We discussed and I agreed to take what were called CLEP tests back then ... which were college equivalency exams.

In 5 hours, I tested out of over 2 years of college-level required courses in English, arts, humanities, and sciences. My scores were high. Admin granted me full credits without requirement to take those classes.

Following the CLEP exams, I did enroll in a couple classes. Most notably Logic 101, in the Philosophy Department, where my instructor developed a friendship with me, amused by my ability to debate.

So, in a sense, while I don’t have a highschool diploma ... I guess I do have a bit over two years of college ... earned in 5 hours, with no classes

Old 12-02-2018, 05:14 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The fact that he has nothing to do with either one, maybe?

He has everything to do with it. Surely you can't believe the lies from Obama that somehow Obama is responsible for the best economy we have had in many years. Obama and the liberals have done all they could to destroy America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California