Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2021, 07:18 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
How about Diego Martinez for Newsom's replacement?

https://diegomartinezforgovernor.com/
That's a joke, right?

Old 01-04-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
I don't think you and I are going to see eye to eye on this one. I don't view this as an infringement on our rights, but protecting our rights to be healthy. What about my rights to remain healthy and not be exposed to COVID-19 by some irresponsible people? You can say its up to me to stay in, but we all know that we have to leave our house from time to time (at a minimum) for essential goods, such as grocery shopping. What about the rights of my parents (who are both elderly) to stay safe during this pandemic? I think the rights of public health supersede whether someone wants to do whatever they want.

Just like you aren't allowed to drink and drive or to shoot someone, you shouldn't be allowed to cause harm through knowingly spreading COVID or at the very least, gross negligence.

Honestly, if we had all complied like we should, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. Its not the government wanting to infringe on our rights but the fact that they had no choice due to irresponsible behavior of others.
In Sac or Placer County law enforcement won't even break up large gatherings. Sheriff Jones is a mini-me Trump and basically has refused to have his staff involved in any aspect of covid restrictions - he doesn't even require his deputies to wear masks. So if you want to have a 100 person party- feel free nothing will happen to you. https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...248237635.html Or, if you're in Placer County and the megachurch Destiny has a 500 person indoors wedding party - well, according to the Sheriff of that County, that's their business, not his. https://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.c...s-eve-wedding/

I consider my rights to be infringed, I'm stuck in my house with my husband who has stage 4 kidney disease and stands a good chance of dying if he catches Covid so that spoiled irresponsible people can party the night away with no regard for how many people they might be harming.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:55 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,283,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

I consider my rights to be infringed, I'm stuck in my house with my husband who has stage 4 kidney disease and stands a good chance of dying if he catches Covid so that spoiled irresponsible people can party the night away with no regard for how many people they might be harming.
Sorry to hear this. Its disheartening but not surprising that people will put their own personal interests above those of the community. But, I'm not surprised judging by some of the comments I see by certain people on this board, along with on the political stage.

Really makes you wonder what type of values they were raised with. I certainly try to raise my kids to be more compassionate towards others than we are seeing first hand with many adults.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear this. Its disheartening but not surprising that people will put their own personal interests above those of the community. But, I'm not surprised judging by some of the comments I see by certain people on this board, along with on the political stage.

Really makes you wonder what type of values they were raised with. I certainly try to raise my kids to be more compassionate towards others than we are seeing first hand with many adults.
I don't know, I'm just fed up with this.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:06 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:

What about the harms caused to the community by the lockdown? Small businesses destroyed. Anxiety, depression, poverty, undiagnosed cancer, etc? If the vaccine doesn't work due to mutation, would you want to live in lockdown forever? Covid isn't going to go away with these half assed lockdowns. There are way too many groups exempt from the "rules". China has a very obedient and homogogeneous society with unlimited government powers and no civil rights: therefore, they can enforce the rules much more than the U.S. can. BTW: they would have lynched those "protesters" on the spot if leftists want to hold them to a model on how to handle Covid.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:07 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,783,899 times
Quote:
How about Diego Martinez for Newsom's replacement?

https://diegomartinezforgovernor.com/
Or Danny Trejo?

Old 01-04-2021, 08:10 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,283,984 times
Quote:
What about the harms caused to the community by the lockdown? Small businesses destroyed. Anxiety, depression, poverty, undiagnosed cancer, etc? If the vaccine doesn't work due to mutation, would you want to live in lockdown forever? Covid isn't going to go away with these half assed lockdowns. There are way too many groups exempt from the "rules".
I believe the reckless behavior of non-compliance to mask wearing and social distancing is causing the harms to society, rather than the lockdowns. The lockdowns are a necessary reaction to this. If people would behave better, we wouldn't have the problem and wouldn't need to lockdown. But it seems that the anti-maskers/anti social-distancers are the same ones who are the loudest critic of lockdowns and Newsom. Seems that they're the hypocrites.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:28 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,065 times
Quote:
What about the harms caused to the community by the lockdown? Small businesses destroyed. Anxiety, depression, poverty, undiagnosed cancer, etc? If the vaccine doesn't work due to mutation, would you want to live in lockdown forever? Covid isn't going to go away with these half assed lockdowns. There are way too many groups exempt from the "rules". China has a very obedient and homogogeneous society with unlimited government powers and no civil rights: therefore, they can enforce the rules much more than the U.S. can. BTW: they would have lynched those "protesters" on the spot if leftists want to hold them to a model on how to handle Covid.
But the more who get sick and die the more businesses will be impacted, so either way they will be hurt. Which is better business dying and people dying or just some businesses? It is getting worse and will keep doing so, consequently business will be hurt either way. How about worrying about people dying first.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:36 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
But the more who get sick and die the more businesses will be impacted, so either way they will be hurt. Which is better business dying and people dying or just some businesses? It is getting worse and will keep doing so, consequently business will be hurt either way. How about worrying about people dying first.

Many of the business owners were following safety protocols: salons would only allow one customer at a time, restaurants spaced tables apart outdoors and bought heaters for winter dining, etc. People will still continue to gather anyway and will go indoors instead spreading the virus further. Don't you care about a salon or restaurant's owner's and their employees? What if you make them homeless and die from homelessness? If the police would enforce the restrictions in private gatherings, they could only do it in middle to upper income communities by fining people who are law abiding enough and have the funds to pay the fines. In the ghettos, they would have their hands tied to enforce anything there so therefore the virus would still spread. We are NOT Japan or Taiwan or New Zealand.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:48 PM

3,081 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So what places do you want to be able to go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California