Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2020, 08:11 PM

456 posts, read 240,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
Never going to happen. It's a dump. Why would I ever move to a place I hate? Unlike these masochists here that refuse to leave California. I actually have triple digit IQ
Lol. Thanks for the chuckle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Buddy I went to better schools than you, have more degrees make more $, and own a more expensive house. My wife is younger and hotter than yours too.

You're not even a physician. You're a traveling quack.
Here we go. Just making stuff up now. Sure you do. That’s why you never post proof of anything. Par for the course. Post a pic of your house and your wife. Anything less than a post and we will and can assume the worst.

Old 02-29-2020, 08:13 PM

1,022 posts, read 743,338 times
Quote:
Buddy I went to better schools than you, have more degrees make more $, and own a more expensive house. My wife is younger and hotter than yours too.

You're not even a physician. You're a traveling quack.
HaHaahahahahaahahahahahahaha

Old 02-29-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
An IQ of 000? Not impressed. Asking you to move to Texas was in response to one of your posts if you moved there. Looks like it went right by you.
https://math.stackexchange.com/quest...tation-of-zero

Oops. Wrecked again. It sure is a number. Guess those degrees and that job didn’t teach him basic math

Old 02-29-2020, 08:19 PM

216 posts, read 128,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
Lol. Thanks for the chuckle.
I'm with yah. Every time you post I literally can't stop cracking up. Keep it up.

Old 02-29-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I'm with yah. Every time you post I literally can't stop cracking up. Keep it up.
Is that before or after you figured out 000 is a valid number? Guess those fake degrees dont mean much. No one buys your fiction

Of course no pictures so we all assume fiction.

Old 02-29-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
Is that before or after you figured out 000 is a valid number? Guess those fake degrees dont mean much. No one buys your fiction

Of course no pictures so we all assume fiction.
You can assume whatever you want. What do I have to gain from posting my degrees online? Nothing. You still haven't even admitted to whatever quakery you supposedly practice.

Old 02-29-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
How about you, how long did you live in Texas. I wasn’t asking about them. Comprehension problems, for someone who claims they are so well educated? Oh I get it, deflection.
Your sentence was a complete abomination of a run-on disaster. Just an FYI.

In 2011 just out of school, while consulting I had to fly to Dallas M-F for 6 months straight between July and December. That summer was the most miserable experience I have ever had. I would literally kiss the ground upon leaving Texas.

With regards to my father and grandfather being buried there, I would say that implies I have a pretty serious family connection of people I know that live in Texas, no? Or is that a bit too much inference for you to put together?

Old 02-29-2020, 11:29 PM

30,314 posts, read 23,789,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
But weren't you in Redding just a few years back? And in the San Jose area after that?

Either that or I'm confusing you with someone else.
You're confusing me with someone else. Never lived in Redding or San Jose.

Old 03-01-2020, 12:15 AM

30,314 posts, read 23,789,660 times
Quote:
Yeah I only know one person that left CA for AZ/NV/TX. He inherited some $ from his father when he passed and knew it would go way further in AZ than CA. This kid also never graduated from college. He's also a liberal (since people on this forum love politics so much).

Meanwhile all my friends who I grew up with all live in California or high COL areas like Seattle, Denver, Boston, NYC, DC. Because that's where the all the high powered jobs are. But we all have advanced degrees and make well over 100K a year with spouses making well over 100K a year.

The vast majority of people who are leaving California come in two categories.

First, old retirees who no longer are working for their income. No reason to stay in a high COL high wage state if you can sell your house and go retire in some warm place like Phoenix for cheap.

Second, poor people with no marketable skills and no economic future. If you're flipping burgers or humping retail it makes no sense to live in California and pay through the nose for housing costs. May as well flip burgers and hump retail where it's cheap to live.
OR

You could find a better house for 3/4 the price and use the money you're not spending on overpriced rent and taxes and everything else to stock away for your retirement.

Nothing looks any better than any other city. CA is not the only place with an ocean. It's not the only place with nice properties. It's not the only place with fun things to do. It's not the only place with mountains.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for politics, I'm not leaving because of politics and never said that I was with only one exception: That the politicians here are destroying jobs while telling everyone how they are "helping" them. No, they are not. A lot of jobs where you can work for a company from home, you can't do in CA because of their insipid regulations. I used to work for AT&T at home. Can't do that in CA. They want to turn Independent Contractors into employees. All of those app jobs, the writers in Hollyweird, truckers, etc - anyone who is an Independent Contractor (which is a great way to make as much money as you want because it all depends on how much you put into it - there's no limit to what you can put into it), they want them to become employees if they do any business during normal business hours. Absurd. That isn't helping anyone.

While others are obsessed with "pop", (I've noticed they didn't negate anything else that I said, quite telling), there are many reasons that I don't want to stay here.

For some, they like non stop sun every single day. For me, that incredibly boring. No one is wrong if they like the sun all day every day, and no one is wrong if they prefer interesting weather.

For some, apparently they enjoy the crappy drivers - and yes, I realize that there are crappy drivers in many cities, but again, this was a laid back state in the past. People didn't act like this. It's not every part of CA...Thousand Oaks the people seem to be a lot nicer on the roads. They're also a whole lot nicer in person. (ONE example, but I'll wait for someone to obsess over that, too, because they can only focus on one thing at a time, despite there being other words in my OP besides the word "pop" - which, again, yes, people most certainly did call it "pop".)

For some, and the same goes for Miami, it's about the name and the "prestige". There's a fricken thread on here where people are all upset because Oxnard is named Oxnard and not something else. They won't live there simply because they hate the name. I read that thread and thought it was silly, but who cares - if they don't want to live somewhere because of the name, it's not wrong. It's their opinion.

Some think just living in CA makes them better than everyone else. I disagree.

I don't give a crap about fake eyelashes, fake tans, fake body parts, fake lips, botox, plastic, fake nails, fake hair, fake personalities.

I don't give a crap about "sign this petition to switch to paper bags and reduce the use of plastic" that they have outside of the store almost every single day - which is hilarious to me because I remember, distinctly, when paper bags were used, stores were switching over to plastic, they used to ask 'Paper or plastic?' and everyone was so damned concerned about the trees that they decided plastic was better.

I wasn't living in CA back then, but I had/have friends who live in CA. I came down to visit often in my 20s.

I said back then it was worse, but I was accused of hating nature. I was down here one time visiting a friend, we went to a store, and I had one lady yell at me in line at the store about how I was "destroying the environment" because I replied to the checker, "paper, please". The icing on that hypocritical cake was that she was wearing a fur coat. When I pointed that out, she actually said it was okay because the minks were raised on a farm. I guess the electric prod shoved up their butts hurts less if they were farm raised?

Hypocrisy is huge around here.

Care about the environment? Nobody walks in L.A. (points if you get the song reference)

"We care about the poor", meanwhile, they are spending all of their money at Michael Kohrs and Gucci up in Camarillo. Yeah, sure they do.

Or, even better, they care so much they ship them from one area to another. Moorepark doesn't want so many homeless? "Bus them to Ventura!" Ah, such caring.

San Francisco is an absolute sh** hole now. It used to be a beautiful place to go. We went there all the time when I was younger. I loved going there. Now? No way in hell. Needles everywhere, they hand out poo maps...but hey, "Don't you say anything bad about my state. You're just jealous." Of poo maps...yeah, the rest of the U.S. is jealous of that.

Cost of living, yes, it's ridiculous. I do not blame it all on opening the flood gates and letting anyone in, I do blame a lot of it on:

a) people with a ton of money who buy up all of the properties and then jack up the prices
b) NIMBYs - they got theirs, screw everyone else.

This was once a great state. It had great education, the water and power systems were better than just about anywhere else in the U.S. I don't really need to talk about the water and power systems here, do I? You all live here, you've had your little blackouts, you've seen the farmers up in arms about not getting enough water - but man do people sure brag about "muh 5th largest economy" while crapping on the farmers in this state.

The people were chill. They didn't push and shove and bully their way in front of everyone. They waited patiently, and were cordial about it. So many here think that they are more important than everyone else.

As I said, in the very first post, it's not everyone. You can definitely find chill, laid back people in CA. There's still people like that. The problem is, they are now the minority when they used to be the majority.

I took my dog to the beach one day. There are houses right there. It was a very windy day. I had the doo bag with me in case my dog needed to conduct her business. It was windy enough that the bag flew out of my pocket and flew across the beach, towards the street, and down the sidewalk. Yes, I did chase it, because I don't like to leave litter anywhere. As I was going after it, another gust of wind picked it up and flew it into some lady's yard. Really didn't want my "trash" in someone elses yard, so I started to go up to her yard to find it.

There was the older lady who lived there. She had just walked outside to tend to her plants and saw me. She didn't even care. I told her why I was approaching her yard, she simply smiled.

That's the CA I remember. People didn't freak out over everything. People were more understanding, more patient, more relaxed, more kind.

Unfortunately, that type is a dying breed in this state.

No, I don't like the politics. Yes, I do think everything is way overpriced - most certainly not worth what is being asked. But those are not the main reasons I'm leaving the state.

As I said, it's because the people have changed - and not for the better. This entire thread has shown some of the attitudes I've been talking about. They made the case for me without even realizing it - and they'll probably never realize it.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 03-01-2020 at 12:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California