Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2020, 02:31 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
I don’t know, just questions I would think people would want to know before placing blame. But, go ahead keep doing it.
As opposed to "blame," it's trying to figure out how our country--and our health care system--ended up in this position.

Old 03-21-2020, 02:37 PM

19,216 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
It's important because government decided that as result of such great emergency, they should close businesses and limit people movement. The reality is that this is not any worse compare to common flu but there is few difference between them. 1) No one have immunity to it, so yes those people that are more vulnerable will get much more sick 2) it will happen in large numbers.

Ultimately we need to know this facts as if it's not that deadly, unconstitutional orders need to be vacated and people need to get back to restarting their life, trying to save their business etc. We also need to examine for the future all of this orders and if court should make a ruling on legality of them.
Honestly, some of your comments confuse me. Experts have already stated that this is worse than the flu and highly contagious. Yet, you still choose to believe your own opinion on it.

This serves to be a good lesson that's been stated over and over again for decades. Keep at least six months living expenses stashed away, in case something happens that hurts your income. I hope you did that. Worrying about your business is certainly a concern but only shows that planning ahead and saving for that "rainy day" is something people shouldn't ignore. Sadly, there are many who don't have the advantage of doing that but if you're making good money, which I suspect you are if you're in the RE business, you should socking away no less than 10% and more like 20% of your income to save you from catastrophic events like this.

Old 03-21-2020, 02:39 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Quote:
We are not testing in any great number unlike SK, Both California & New York stopped testing. How do you expect to get accurate number if you do not test anyone?
Link, please?

Both CA and NY are testing.

Where California stands with coronavirus testing right now
https://calmatters.org/health/corona...cations-rules/

How many tests does California have?

Quote:
On Sunday, California Gov. Gavin Newsom said California has conducted 8,316 tests, and has the capacity to run just short of 9,000 more. On Monday evening, he said that the state’s 19 public health labs have increased tests “by a few hundred” over the previous 24 hours. Still, he said, “That clearly is not enough.”

By Tuesday, the number of public health labs conducting testing had increased to 21. By Wednesday, 12,600 people had been tested. Saturday’s testing figure stood at 25,200 with 12,700-plus test results pending.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last Updated: March 21, 2020 at 4:15PM
https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home

Quote:
Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.

Old 03-21-2020, 02:43 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Link, please?

Both CA and NY are testing.

Where California stands with coronavirus testing right now
https://calmatters.org/health/corona...cations-rules/

How many tests does California have?

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last Updated: March 21, 2020 at 4:15PM
https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home

Let me clarify to be more accurate. Both city of New York and Los Angeles told to stop testing

"
Health officials in New York City and Los Angeles County are signaling a change in local strategy when it comes to coronavirus testing, recommending that doctors avoid testing patients except in cases where a test result would significantly change the course of treatment."

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...434663a0860cdc

Old 03-21-2020, 02:44 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Honestly, some of your comments confuse me. Experts have already stated that this is worse than the flu and highly contagious. Yet, you still choose to believe your own opinion on it.

This serves to be a good lesson that's been stated over and over again for decades. Keep at least six months living expenses stashed away, in case something happens that hurts your income. I hope you did that. Worrying about your business is certainly a concern but only shows that planning ahead and saving for that "rainy day" is something people shouldn't ignore. Sadly, there are many who don't have the advantage of doing that but if you're making good money, which I suspect you are if you're in the RE business, you should socking away no less than 10% and more like 20% of your income to save you from catastrophic events like this.

Because everyday new study comes out that shows numbers are less and less deadly. It's really starting to seem like overreaction by government base on health official panic. Money is not the issue for me at the moment, the stupidity of government action is.

Old 03-21-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Let me clarify to be more accurate. Both city of New York and Los Angeles told to stop testing

"
Health officials in New York City and Los Angeles County are signaling a change in local strategy when it comes to coronavirus testing, recommending that doctors avoid testing patients except in cases where a test result would significantly change the course of treatment."

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...434663a0860cdc
Wrong, they have not stopped testing. They are changing their testing priorities.

Old 03-21-2020, 02:54 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
As opposed to "blame," it's trying to figure out how our country--and our health care system--ended up in this position.
I’ll agree with you on that. I think it goes back several years and probably even decades. I’m more upset Trump downplayed the whole thing when they were briefed and knew it could turn into this. Resulting in a few senators selling a boatload of stock prior to stating it’s worse than originally thought. Makes me mad Congress was only concerned about impeachment during Jan. Just everything about it is pathetic, and that’s on both sides. And here we are, likely with many retail owners not surviving this. And I still believe air travel should halt for 30 days. Too damn bad airlines. AAL had $5.7B in EBITDA in 2019. They can weather this better than the small business owner making $120k a year. Maybe, airlines go back to where they were prior to deregulation under Carter.

Old 03-21-2020, 03:04 PM

19,216 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Because everyday new study comes out that shows numbers are less and less deadly. It's really starting to seem like overreaction by government base on health official panic. Money is not the issue for me at the moment, the stupidity of government action is.
Maybe, maybe not. I wonder what people would say if the government didn't take the steps they're taking and half the world population died because they did nothing. The role of government is to protect its citizens which, to me, explains their actions now. Forewarned is forearmed, don't you think?

Old 03-21-2020, 03:04 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Wrong, they have not stopped testing. They are changing their testing priorities.
I received an email from my healthcare provider that said I could be tested if it was medically necessary.

It sounds like you have to be symptomatic to get tested.

Old 03-21-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I received an email from my healthcare provider that said I could be tested if it was medically necessary.

It sounds like you have to be symptomatic to get tested.
Right, they are changing priorities to conserve resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California