Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 12:47 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,268,581 times

Advertisements

3 Steps to a Good Troll Job

Step 1. Massively exaggerate all the the downsides of living in Callifornia.

Step 2. Refuse to engage in a thoughtful conversation and instead resort to ad-hominem attacks

Step 3. Say no one has addressed your concerns and are now done talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 12:48 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,283,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post
3 Steps to a Good Troll Job

Step 1. Massively exaggerate all the the downsides of living in Callifornia.

Step 2. Refuse to engage in a thoughtful conversation and instead resort to ad-hominem attacks

Step 3. Say no one has addressed your concerns and are now done talking.
Sounds like the playbook to the Trump campaign

Old 08-26-2020, 12:52 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Lovely!
Thank you! I am equally complimentary when on a walk and spot a beautiful garden with its resident tender nearby and enthusiastically chat about its design and maintenance.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:00 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
La Jolla is a neighborhood in the city of San Diego, (though some of its residents like to proclaim that they are a separate entity), just like my near coastal neighborhood. We both get the same rainfall and are hooked up to the same water supply and have neighbors who don't control other's water usage.

I follow water issues in the city and state very closely and can easily spout off statistics about San Diego's historic supply percentages from each source and pending plans and legislation from purple pipes to upgrading the sewer system and shifting sources to increasing local storage solutions.

I can only guess who was nominated as the "Karen" neighbor of the year in your La Jolla neighborhood when you resided there.
Yeah saying it’s a La Jolla things doesn’t hold any water with me either, no pun intended. My sister lived west of La Jolla Blvd, and on Mt. Soledad while the beach house was being torn to the studs, and it was a oneupmanship of who could have a nicer landscaped front yard.

I frequently house sat when they traveled, and while most everything was on timed sprinklers, I would have to personally tend to some of my sisters flowers. Not once did anyone walking by when I said “hi, how are you doing today?” respond to me with anything regarding watering issues? I most certainly would’ve remembered it.

I suppose some might say something, but how this would make gardening a challenge is beyond me. Especially in your backyard where you’ll be doing this the most? I can only imagine the complaints the OP got while grinding their axe.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:12 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Thanks everyone for a lively discussion. Im done with a very dull seminar i had to sit through and enjoyed the debate...at tge very least it kept me awake. I can't say that anyone provided an answer to the question that sealed my total understanding of the attraction to California but I appreciate those who wrote thoughtful posts. And i hope that anyone who stumbles upon this thread will take the sum total of answers and attitudes as a full picture of what to expect if they are planning a move.

For my part, I'll be very grateful when i no longer have to make the trek. Covid-19 is a blessing in that regard. Heres to all of you that want to keep your toe hold in this state...my family and I are happy to give up our potential spots for you.

Best to all. On to more important things!
Toodles ... you will be missed ... like a sinus headache.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:16 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
Oh Praise God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I can only guess who was nominated as the "Karen" neighbor of the year in your La Jolla neighborhood when you resided there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Toodles ... you will be missed ... like a sinus headache.
((chortles))

Old 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
1. Click on Welcome, Lola The yorkie
2. Find Control Panel to the left
3. See Settings & Options
4. Click on Edit Ignore List
5. Take two aspirin and call your doctor in the morning if a Google search on what you suspect ails one of the posters fails.
Thanks!....LOL

Old 08-26-2020, 01:25 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
1. Click on Welcome, Lola The yorkie
2. Find Control Panel to the left
3. See Settings & Options
4. Click on Edit Ignore List
5. Take two aspirin and call your doctor in the morning if a Google search on what you suspect ails one of the posters fails.
My spirit is clearing already!

Am beginning to change my vote to troll

Reading her post history is quite illuminating

Old 08-26-2020, 01:27 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Quote:
My spirit is clearing already!

Am beginning to change my vote to troll

Reading her post history is quite illuminating

Old 08-26-2020, 03:59 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
OP are you a Trump Supporter and Gavin Newsome Hater?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California