Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2020, 12:10 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
I heard he lives in Florida lately? If true, that's fascinating.
It's true. I remember it like it was yesterday. Fuhrman bought a "white, single-story house on Euclid Ave. The house is only two blocks from Lake Pend Oreille in a quiet, distinguished older neighborhood laced with Victorian-style homes."

As to now, I have no clue. That was many years ago, but he is a born and bred PNW lad and is said to have spent part of his childhood in the Inland Northwest*, which is what Sandpoint is a part of. Sounds like he headed for home after retiring in 1995.

*Spokane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 05:19 PM

3,345 posts, read 2,306,314 times
One of the mysteries I would like to ask is what leads people to live in border towns on the California side of the border such as Blythe, Needles, South Lake Tahoe, or any town california side along Lake Tahoe’s shores. Where there are housing just a rock throw across the border and both sides isn’t that different from each other. Is it because the state’s social safety net is better than its neighbors thus they want to have a California address instead?

Old 10-12-2020, 11:51 AM

141 posts, read 534,622 times
Fake post. You sold property for financial considerations and you didn't discuss that. That's 99% of a person's reason to move. Don't just post a baiting diatribe. People see through that.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:09 PM

159 posts, read 187,990 times
I was born and raised in CA, moved to Vegas in 1990, before it went to crap. Moved back to Cali in 2007, left for Idaho 2016. Now I want to go back to retire this spring. I hate Idaho!! Is there any hope for CA? Is it all about the governor, that is making it so bad? I miss the weather and things to do. All I hear is how bad the state is! Kind of scares me! Thanks

Old 10-12-2020, 12:53 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
I'm genuinely curious.

We sold our last 2 properties in California to totally divest ourselves of financial ties to this state. With wildfires, pandemic pandemonium, climate change, lack of electricity and water, high taxes and higher insurance its no longer a safe nor particularly profitable place for out investment. Cost of living still remains high and the state population continues to grow

My mate has relatives who are still convinced that its the best place to be and that it further extends some kind of coveted status on them for being California residents. I still wonder how this mystique fits into the reality of a place thars burdened by overpopulation and a host of problems unique to this location.

So why do people still want to live there? Do you think this is or will change? Whats the next destination for those who find California too troubled to move there?
Why would I want to live elsewhere? No other state really interests me in the least and this state gave my family education, opportunities and wealth for 4 generations now---if you want to leave fine, but it's mostly disgruntled white people bemoaning the loss of their hegemony over state politics and policy. Get over it, this is 2020---this country belongs to everyone who is here, not just you.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:37 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Why would I want to live elsewhere? No other state really interests me in the least and this state gave my family education, opportunities and wealth for 4 generations now---if you want to leave fine, but it's mostly disgruntled white people bemoaning the loss of their hegemony over state politics and policy. Get over it, this is 2020---this country belongs to everyone who is here, not just you.
If you won’t live elsewhere why does your location say Ca and Brazil? Disgruntled people haven’t had a say in Ca politics since Reagan and Ca is paying a dear price for it. What makes you think the OP is white? Your blatant racism???

Old 10-12-2020, 02:52 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
If you won’t live elsewhere why does your location say Ca and Brazil? Disgruntled people haven’t had a say in Ca politics since Reagan and Ca is paying a dear price for it. What makes you think the OP is white? Your blatant racism???
What price do you think is the state paying?

Old 10-12-2020, 03:02 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowgirl View Post
I was born and raised in CA, moved to Vegas in 1990, before it went to crap. Moved back to Cali in 2007, left for Idaho 2016. Now I want to go back to retire this spring. I hate Idaho!! Is there any hope for CA? Is it all about the governor, that is making it so bad? I miss the weather and things to do. All I hear is how bad the state is! Kind of scares me! Thanks
Why not just drive out to California and spend a few days and you will be able to see for yourself? I think hatred for Newsom just goes along with the territory, his approval rating is actually pretty darned good - 64% in late September. If all you have to judge Newsom with are the posts here by disgruntled (mostly right wing) people you'd think he's the antichrist.

Old 10-12-2020, 04:14 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowgirl View Post
If you can afford a decent area, move back. If you can't, it would not be wise to do so.

Old 10-12-2020, 04:31 PM

6,786 posts, read 4,224,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What price do you think is the state paying?

Well it would certainly hurt the state if net tax payers leave and are replaced by net consumers of state funds. That would seem to generate budget shortfalls that then need to be made up for via taxation and/or borrowing.

I don't know if that is the case but it certainly would be a very real price to pay for the state and its remaining residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California