Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2021, 11:22 PM

795 posts, read 407,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think you will be disappointed, it sounds like you would do better in a place like Somalia where there is no law since you seem so deeply disturbed by government regulation, but in any case I wish you all the best.
Neah. I’m out in the country. No building codes, no HOAs, no inspections, I own 24 acres of land where I can do whatever I want. Fireworks are legal in Maine, constitutional carry state, no magazine limits, no smog testing my vehicles, i can buy and install whatever I want on my vehicles (pedal commander, HP tuner, etc) won’t be forced to buy CARB approved bull**** for three times the cost of normal, hell I can and probably will set up my own shooting range on my property. Yep. Going back to free America at last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 05:46 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
Neah. I’m out in the country. No building codes, no HOAs, no inspections, I own 24 acres of land where I can do whatever I want. Fireworks are legal in Maine, constitutional carry state, no magazine limits, no smog testing my vehicles, i can buy and install whatever I want on my vehicles (pedal commander, HP tuner, etc) won’t be forced to buy CARB approved bull**** for three times the cost of normal, hell I can and probably will set up my own shooting range on my property. Yep. Going back to free America at last.:D
How is it not free here? Are Gun rights and car modifications the be all end all for you?

Old 05-12-2021, 06:20 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,331,178 times
Quote:
With a wife, 2 kids, and a couple of cats, yeah, we are REALLY looking forward to a much larger space. Kids will have their own play room so I won’t be stepping on their toys all over the house anymore, they are each getting larger bedrooms and their own bathrooms, plenty of land and a huge yard for them to run around and play and have fun in. Furnishing isn’t a big deal, heating we have several options built in already, cooling won’t be an issue as it never gets over 85 there, cleaning isn’t that big of a deal, and I enjoy maintaining and working on my house.

I could never live in a closet that size. I think even our RV is bigger than 100 sq ft
I sure hope so! Bud, I raised 2x the family you have ... mostly on a boat (that one bigger than present but still ...) I know all about stepping on toys

Old 05-12-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
How is it not free here? Are Gun rights and car modifications the be all end all for you?
They are not the be all end all, however they are indeed very Important to me. And this state is not remotely friendly to either.

Old 05-12-2021, 10:10 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
They are not the be all end all, however they are indeed very Important to me. And this state is not remotely friendly to either.
Well they don't matter to me. So to me, this state isn't much different than others

Old 05-12-2021, 10:54 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Neah. I’m out in the country. No building codes, no HOAs, no inspections, I own 24 acres of land where I can do whatever I want. Fireworks are legal in Maine, constitutional carry state, no magazine limits, no smog testing my vehicles, i can buy and install whatever I want on my vehicles (pedal commander, HP tuner, etc) won’t be forced to buy CARB approved bull**** for three times the cost of normal, hell I can and probably will set up my own shooting range on my property. Yep. Going back to free America at last.

Eh, I know a lot of Mainers both former and current. Maine for sure has smog checks--what about your vehicles makes it exempt? I'm pretty sure it also has building codes.

Old 05-12-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Eh, I know a lot of Mainers both former and current. Maine for sure has smog checks--what about your vehicles makes it exempt? I'm pretty sure it also has building codes.
Only in Cumberland county which is the area around Portland. They do not do emissions testing anywhere else in the state. Therefore all of my vehicles are exempt because we didn’t buy in Cumberland county. And I meant building permits. At least not out in the country where I am. I don’t need to go thru any red tape crap to build a shop or pole barn or anything else on my property.

Old 05-12-2021, 11:18 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Only in Cumberland county which is the area around Portland. They do not do emissions testing anywhere else in the state. Therefore all of my vehicles are exempt because we didn’t buy in Cumberland county. And I meant building permits. At least not out in the country where I am. I don’t need to go thru any red tape crap to build a shop or pole barn or anything else on my property.

Ah, that makes sense now. Thanks for clarifying!

Old 05-12-2021, 12:50 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I get the biggest kick out of how so many people equate ‘bigger’ with ‘better’ A 5500 sq ft home with 5 bathrooms to furnish, heat, cool, clean and maintain. Sounds like a life of slavery to me as I live in under 100 sq ft.
I have had a larger house, but sold it for a smaller, more manageable sized home. You're right, being a slave to the house does come into play. (My place was 4000 sqft. 4bd3.5ba) with a decent ocean view. If I would have sold it today, instead of 2018, I would have netted an add'l $500K. Oh well, I sure Edith loves her home.

But <100 sqft?

Damn, I was only kidding about a "van, down by the river!"

Old 05-12-2021, 01:54 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,331,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I have had a larger house, but sold it for a smaller, more manageable sized home. You're right, being a slave to the house does come into play. (My place was 4000 sqft. 4bd3.5ba) with a decent ocean view. If I would have sold it today, instead of 2018, I would have netted an add'l $500K. Oh well, I sure Edith loves her home.

But <100 sqft?

Damn, I was only kidding about a "van, down by the river!
"
Yup. Boat. Van. But I now have a cabin ... 1000 sq ft ... since wife died this winter past. I bought it for her 20 years ago. Staying in it for now while I upgrade a bit then turn over to one son for a rental and go back aboard my boat. No use for this much space and stuff and infrastructure to maintain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California