Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2021, 11:02 AM

130,099 posts, read 12,078,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
As with most of what you post, this is a vacuous, unsubstantiated personal opinion you desire to believe.

You attacked with false statements. I responded with verifiable rebuttal data. You apparently have hit a dead end.
I agree with Tule The links he provided have some facts, not just blowhard opinions.

I have known a few illegal immigrants, & they were very law abiding ( apart from immigration law), they felt if they kept their noses clean, they had a better chance of staying undetected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 01:42 PM

85 posts, read 70,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I agree with Tule The links he provided have some facts, not just blowhard opinions.

I have known a few illegal immigrants, & they were very law abiding ( apart from immigration law), they felt if they kept their noses clean, they had a better chance of staying undetected.
The biggest issue about illegal immigration is the simple fact that them working here is an easy way for companies to get cheap labour without having to pay the way they would pay Legal residents/american nationals. This argument would get a lot more people on board with cracking down on illegal immigration in the US but most anti immigration activists are always veiled bigots who only care about having neighborhoods that are full of Anglo-Americans and nothing else.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:24 PM

795 posts, read 407,474 times
Quote:

And you broke the law by not turning those border jumpers in to ICE immediately. You are part of the problem. They broke the law just by coming here the way they did. As such they have no rights and should be sent right back over the border immediately without trial or due process. As an illegal alien they do not have the constitutional rights to any of that. Think how much mo he we would save if we just shoved these people on a one way plane as soon as they are caught instead of dragging them thru immigration court for weeks to months on end, all while they continue to live and work here illegally and send every dime they make back home.

Old 03-12-2021, 03:28 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,129 times
My opinion on the matter has always been that if they are here then that is on us not on them. Tighten up the borders. I can't blame them for wanting a better life.

I also think we have policies in farming that promote illegal immigration. And keep in mind the vast majority of people that are at the top in farming are conservative. We want to say please come here and work in our ag fields but no you can stay here because you are not a citizen. To me that is a bunch of crap. We want to benefit from their cheap labor but not allow them to be citizens. Just doesn't seem right.

Old 03-12-2021, 04:07 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,638,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
And you broke the law by not turning those border jumpers in to ICE immediately. You are part of the problem. They broke the law just by coming here the way they did. As such they have no rights and should be sent right back over the border immediately without trial or due process. As an illegal alien they do not have the constitutional rights to any of that. Think how much mo he we would save if we just shoved these people on a one way plane as soon as they are caught instead of dragging them thru immigration court for weeks to months on end, all while they continue to live and work here illegally and send every dime they make back home.
LOL. I love how literally everything you say is factually wrong. Must suck to always lose.

There are no legal requirements for Individuals to report illegal immigrants.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:14 PM

795 posts, read 407,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
LOL. I love how literally everything you say is factually wrong. Must suck to always lose.

There are no legal requirements for Individuals to report illegal immigrants.
Maybe not. Maybe there should be. Even if it is not required it is your patriotic duty as a red blooded American to report law breakers and those here that do not belong here. I have dropped tips to ICE on several occasions and I am proud to do it. These people do not belong here. If they want to be here so badly they need to do it the right way and go thru the process like everyone else who came here the right way. My ancestors emigrated here thru Elis Island from Scotland and Sweden. They came the right way and went thru the process. They earned their right to be here. I have a real problem with law breaking scum bags that feel they can do whatever the hell they want whenever they want. Again, these dirtbags deserve nothing but a plane ride back to whatever third world ****hole they came from until they can go thru the process to come here the right way. I have zero sympathy for any of them or their anchor babies. They can take their anchor babies with them too.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:20 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,638,044 times
Quote:
Maybe not. Maybe there should be. Even if it is not required it is your patriotic duty as a red blooded American to report law breakers and those here that do not belong here. I have dropped tips to ICE on several occasions and I am proud to do it. These people do not belong here. If they want to be here so badly they need to do it the right way and go thru the process like everyone else who came here the right way. My ancestors emigrated here thru Elis Island from Scotland and Sweden. They came the right way and went thru the process. They earned their right to be here. I have a real problem with law breaking scum bags that feel they can do whatever the hell they want whenever they want. Again, these dirtbags deserve nothing but a plane ride back to whatever third world ****hole they came from until they can go thru the process to come here the right way. I have zero sympathy for any of them or their anchor babies. They can take their anchor babies with them too.
Cool story. You are still factually wrong.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:59 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,124 times
Quote:

The anecdotal "I know this one guy..."

Go find any neighborhood of illegal immigrants and let me know how it goes. I'm sure it'll be the safest neighborhood you've seen, safer than any "legal resident" neighbor for sure. Lol.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:11 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,129 times
Quote:
We have an agricultural and farming system that wants to take advantage of their cheap labor. I'm always reading about the threat of farm labor shortages from the farmers. They get worried that they won't be able to find enough foreign labor for their fields. And again, 90% of these farmers are likely red blooded American republicans. So on the one hand we need and demand their labor in our fields but on the other hand they better not dare overstay their welcome and they need to go back to their third world ***holes.

We shouldn't have it both ways. It should be one or the other. Personally I'd like to lock the border up and throw away the key. We can find citizens to work in the fields. The prices we pay for our food will go up but so be it. We will have more people employed making a living.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:37 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
Quote:
Actually I’m not. I grew up on a 28 acre horse farm in upstate New York, also lived on a 32 acre farm in Northeast Ohio thru middle and high school and spent 4 years in Providence Rhode Island for college. I am well aware of snow, cold, and winter thanks. And as time has worn on, and especially with Newscum and his **** poor handling of the whole China virus thing, I have found more and more that I very much miss the rural life and lifestyle. I’ve had it with urban and suburban life and the traffic and the rat race and the overcrowding that is so prevalent here. I am counting the days until we leave for our 6 bed, 5 bath, 5500 square foot home on 24 rural acres in a state with a lower population than downtown San Diego with great anticipation. Looking forward to watching my kids run thru the fields and the woods having adventures and playing in a safe environment and watching them grow up in nature as I did, teaching them the value of hard work and personal responsibility along the way. We are just a few miles from a huge lake with great fishing and swimming as well. Wildlife, nature, it’s going to be fantastic.
Good for you. Some posters think they know better than others but have never lived at another place they criticize. Or they looked on the internet and think they know the area. Some people are just soft and think anywhere but California is horrible unbearable weather. I’m an ex Californian and what I think is cold weather is nothing to the locals. I’m bundled up and they are outside in t shirts and shorts.
I love San Diego, but where you are moving to sounds really great too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California