Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2022, 08:53 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hmmm. The quality I love most about Hawaii is: *warm, balmy nights*

That said, the daytime temps there generally hover in the low to mid-80s everyday as well. It just about never has even hit 90. And the one-time all-time high was 100 °F (38 °C) on April 27, 1931 in Pahala. … So there’s that difference to support those of us crazy warm balmy night lovers
It's good that there's such diversity amongst us all. I suppose if we all liked warm balmy nights, we'd be trying to live in the same spot and that could get a bit crowded After our days here with temps normally in the upper 90's to mid 100's, I'm very happy to feel it cool down at night. Allows me to open the windows and let nature's a/c come inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 09:53 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,684,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It's good that there's such diversity amongst us all. I suppose if we all liked warm balmy nights, we'd be trying to live in the same spot and that could get a bit crowded After our days here with temps normally in the upper 90's to mid 100's, I'm very happy to feel it cool down at night. Allows me to open the windows and let nature's a/c come inside.
Agreed. We spent a week on Maui and it was a fun novelty to swim in the warm ocean in the tropical night air. Great for a vacation. But it was even more wonderful to get back into the air-conditioned hotel afterwards! I would not want to live for any length of time in a place that just never cooled down, night or day. It gets oppressive.

I don't mind heat during the day, but absolutely the worst thing about the current heat wave is not being able to open the windows at night and feel the cool breeze moving in.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:14 AM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Agreed. We spent a week on Maui and it was a fun novelty to swim in the warm ocean in the tropical night air. Great for a vacation. But it was even more wonderful to get back into the air-conditioned hotel afterwards! I would not want to live for any length of time in a place that just never cooled down, night or day. It gets oppressive.

I don't mind heat during the day, but absolutely the worst thing about the current heat wave is not being able to open the windows at night and feel the cool breeze moving in.
WHOA! You did NOT really ‘ swim in the warm ocean in the tropical night air.“, did you?
Gaack! That is shark bait time! That’s when *they* are most patrolling to feed.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Ditto I've been in this area for 60 years now. I'm well adapted and know what to expect. These heatwaves are nothing new to me but they make me appreciative when the cool down comes.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:54 AM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Ditto I've been in this area for 60 years now. I'm well adapted and know what to expect. These heatwaves are nothing new to me but they make me appreciative when the cool down comes.
I admit to a strategy for enjoying warmth as I do without suffering: leave when the heat heads toward the suffering levels. My nomadic lifestyle on wheels and under sail

Old 09-04-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I admit to a strategy for enjoying warmth as I do without suffering: leave when the heat heads toward the suffering levels. My nomadic lifestyle on wheels and under sail
That's the best way to do it. It's imperative to make an escape once in a while. Even I reach a point where day after day of wretched heat gets to me. That's when I take off for Jenner. ♥Love♥ the weather over there. And the scenery isn't bad either. It's a little slice of Heaven.

Old 09-04-2022, 12:58 PM

3,605 posts, read 1,656,182 times
Feels like the hottest day of the year here in the OC at the beach now...at least 90 with no wind and high humidity. Wait...Seabreeze just picking up now (from the south though and not the normal westerly onshore wind)...will take any breeze we can get! For a minute I thought I was in Cabo San Lucas instead of the OC!

Old 09-04-2022, 01:34 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
It is so pleasant out, around 83 degrees with a slight ocean breeze. We just got back from church and are actually going to have lunch on the back patio because it's so darn nice.

Old 09-04-2022, 01:39 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,813,521 times
Currently 74 F in my area, humidity is 57%, slight breeze

Old 09-04-2022, 01:53 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Damn you guys are so “cool”…….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California